DAMN!! How will HISTORY look back on Trump, Fox News & all his supporters during Coronavirus & AFTER he leaves office? UPDATE: Trump running in 2024!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The stimulus bill also has a provision that would block President Donald Trump and his family, as well as other top government officials and members of Congress, from getting loans or investments from Treasury programs in the stimulus, according to Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's office.​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kathy Griffin slams Trump's coronavirus response while in hospital with 'unbearably painful' symptoms

By Joey Nolfi
March 25, 2020 at 05:52 PM EDT

After checking into a hospital with "unbearably painful" symptoms, comedian Kathy Griffin has spoken out against Donald Trump's response to the coronavirus outbreak.
In a quote tweet replying to the president, Griffin accused Trump of lying about how many coronavirus tests the United States has performed amid the ongoing pandemic that has claimed thousands of lives as it continues to spread around the world.
"I was sent to the #COVID19 isolation ward room in a major hospital ER from a separate urgent care facility," Griffin tweeted Wednesday, going on to criticize the vice president's leadership of the White House Coronavirus Task Force. "The hospital couldn’t test me for #coronavirus because of CDC (Pence task force) restrictions. #TESTTESTTEST"

Griffin also shared two photos in her tweet, which appeared to show the 59-year-old in a hospital bed behind a glass door while also wearing a protective mask over her nose and mouth.

If diagnosed with coronavirus, Griffin would join the likes of Tom Hanks, Idris Elba, Debi Mazar, Daniel Dae Kim, Andy Cohen, and Nyle DiMarco as celebrities who've contracted COVID-19 during the outbreak.

Griffin previously sparred with Trump after she posed for a satirical photo holding a severed prosthetic head molded in the president's likeness, which led to intense public backlash and ignited a federal investigation.

When reached, a representative for Griffin was unable to immediately confirm the status of Griffin's health, but EW will update this post if new information becomes available. The White House did not immediately return our request for comment on Griffin's accusation against Trump.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The stimulus bill also has a provision that would block President Donald Trump and his family, as well as other top government officials and members of Congress, from getting loans or investments from Treasury programs in the stimulus, according to Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's office.​

Trump is now tweeting this morning that those "provisions" are just "suggestions" and he may or may not abide by them. Imagine that, who could have predicted that he wouldn't follow the rules, or that loopholes would be put into place by the Republicans involved in writing the bill up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

NY coronavirus death toll jumps as Cuomo delays presidential primary
By Eileen AJ Connelly
March 28, 2020 | 1:26pm | Updated

Enlarge Image

Gov. Andrew CuomoAP

MORE ON:
CORONAVIRUS IN NY
Owner of illegal speakeasy busted for violating coronavirus ban

Sex offenders released from upstate jail to stop coronavirus spread

New Yorkers approve of Cuomo’s response to coronavirus pandemic: poll

Chefs get creative just to stay in business during coronavirus shutdown

New York’s coronavirus death toll jumped by 209 Saturday, according to Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who announced the state’s presidential primary election will be moved to June 23 amid the worsening crisis.
The state’s death count climbed to 728, up from 519 on Friday, the governor said.
And the number of infected jolted to 52,318, an increase from the day before by 7,681, he said.
Earlier Saturday, the city said the total for the five boroughs was 29,158, with 517 dead. The data show that residents of the Big Apple are dying every 9.5 minutes.
The presidential primary was originally scheduled for April 28, and will now be linked to elections for congressional and legislative elections previously scheduled on that date.
“I don’t think it’s wise to be bringing a lot of people to one location to vote,” the governor said.
State election officials asked for the move on Tuesday.
The state is also delaying the tax filing deadline to July 15, matching the move on the federal level, he said.
SEE ALSO
NYC coronavirus cases reach nearly 30K, with a death every 9.5 minutes
To treat the infected, the state is creating at least three new designated hospitals to exclusively care for COVID-19 patients, the governor said.
The first is at the state-owned South Beach Psychiatric Center on Staten Island, which will have 260 beds. Westchester Square in the Bronx will have 200 beds and SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn will have 250 beds.
Those are in addition to four other sites where 4,000 additional beds will be added: Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, Aqueduct Racetrack in Queens, the College of Staten Island and New York Expo Center in the Bronx.
With the addition of 1,000 beds at the Javits Center, which is scheduled to open on Monday, and the USNS Comfort, a 1000-bed hospital ship that is heading to New York today from Virginia, the state is getting closer to the 140,000 hospital beds that it needs to handle the surge, the governor said.
He also noted that 72,000 nurses, doctors and other health professionals who are retired or otherwise not working have volunteered to provide backup duty for the besieged health care workers treating patients.
But there was less progress on obtaining the additional 30,000 ventilators that the state needs, he said.
The state received 4,000 ventilators from the federal stockpile, but more are needed. He praised President Trump for invoking the Defense Production Act to get auto companies and other manufacturers to produce the devices, which are needed by the most severe COVID patients for 11 to 21 days, far longer than a typical patient’s need for three or four days.
Enlarge ImageGov. Andrew Cuomo demonstrates a handheld bag valve device at a press conference in Albany today.Hans Pennink
Cuomo again called on the federal government to coordinate ventilator purchases across states to minimize competition and keep prices from rising. If the feds don’t step up, he said, states should form a consortium to purchase ventilators and move them around as different locations throughout the country experience case surges.
In the absence of ventilators, some patients might end up being treated with handheld bag valve devices, Cuomo said. Members of the National Guard are being trained to use the devices, which require constant pumping, he added.
“If we have to turn to this device on any large scale basis, that’s not OK,” Cuomo said.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Trump backs off threat of coronavirus quarantine for NYC area
By Vincent Barone
March 28, 2020 | 9:25pm

Enlarge Image
President Trump walks on the South Lawn after returning to the White House today.Tasos Katopodis/POOL/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

MORE ON:
CORONAVIRUS IN NY
NYC dress shop shows how coronavirus devastates independent businesses

Coronavirus Diary Day 9: Long Island mom still has questions as isolation ends

US coronavirus death toll doubles in two days, passes 2,000

MTA boss Pat Foye 'feeling good' after testing positive for coronavirus

President Donald Trump on Saturday night backed off a daylong threat to lock down NYC and the tri-state area — a proposal that had thrown three governors for a loop.
“A quarantine will not be necessary,” Trump wrote in a series of tweets Saturday night, reasoning that a travel advisory would suffice.
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1244056534583312384

On the recommendation of the White House CoronaVirus Task Force, and upon consultation with the Governor’s of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, I have asked the @CDCgov to issue a strong Travel Advisory, to be administered by the Governors, in consultation with the....

8:19 PM - Mar 28, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

23.8K people are talking about this

“On the recommendation of the White House CoronaVirus Task Force, and upon consultation with the Governor’s (sic) of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, I have asked the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] to issue a strong Travel Advisory, to be administered by the Governors, in consultation with the Federal Government,” Trump tweeted.
Trump had told reporters outside the White House earlier Saturday that he was considering a regional lockdown to stop the spread of the disease, to the dismay of the tri-state’s governors.
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said he and Trump spoke just a day before, on Friday, and the idea wasn’t brought up.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he wouldn’t even know how such a lockdown would be instituted.
SEE ALSO
Trump says he's eyeing coronavirus quarantine for NYC area
“I don’t know how that could be legally enforceable and from a medical point of view don’t know what you would be accomplishing, but I can tell you I don’t even like the sound of it,” he told reporters Saturday..
He appeared on CNN later, where he likened the concept to starting a “Civil War,” and called it “preposterous.”
New York is the epicenter of the country’s coronavirus outbreak, with more than 52,400 reported cases as of Saturday night. Most of the patients, more than 30,700, are located in New York City.
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

New Jersey has the second-most cases in the country, reporting more than 11,000 positive tests.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Rhode Island ends specific restrictions on New Yorkers — by making them national
Gov. Gina Raimondo wants out-of-state visitors to self-quarantine.

By BILL MAHONEY and JOSH GERSTEIN

03/29/2020 01:06 PM EDT

Updated 03/29/2020 02:48 PM EDT
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo is no longer singling out motorists from New York for restricted access to her state. Instead, she has broadened the restrictions to include all other states.
Raimondo announced on Friday that her state’s police would pull over drivers with New York license plates and force them to self-quarantine for 14 days. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo quickly denounced the policy and threatened to sue.

During his daily briefing on Sunday, Cuomo said he had spoken with Raimondo on Saturday and that she told him her executive order was being repealed.
“I don’t think the order was called for, I don’t believe it was legal, I don’t believe it was neighborly,” he said. “I understand the point, but I thought there were different ways to do it, and the governor of Rhode Island was every receptive.”
While Cuomo suggested the shift was a reprieve for New Yorkers, Raimondo indicated Sunday that New Yorkers will still need to stop or be stopped as they enter Rhode Island — now, they’ll simply have more company at those checkpoints.
“As the data has changed, the situation has changed. Unfortunately, the rate of infection we’re seeing in New York City — unfortunately, we’re seeing that same rate of infection in other places, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey, etc.,” Raimondo said during a regular briefing at the State House in Providence. “So, yesterday, to keep all Rhode Islanders safe, I signed an executive order imposing a quarantine on all visitors from any state, by any mode of transportation who are coming in Rhode Island for non-work purposes and plan to stay.”
Raimondo confirmed she spoke with Cuomo on Saturday following her broadening of the quarantine order. However, she also expressed some irritation that he’d publicly lashed out at Rhode Island’s policy.
“I did talk to the governor of New York yesterday after I had already taken my action,” she said of the conversation with Cuomo. “We chatted about it. If he feels it’s important for him to take credit go ahead, I’m going to keep working here to keep Rhode Islanders safe,” she said. “I will say I think it’s odd that Gov. Cuomo is focused on this sort of politics at a time that we’re fighting disasters.”
Raimondo also dismissed Cuomo’s talk of a lawsuit against the earlier policy. “He’s welcome to sue if he likes. I think he would have a very hard time because I’m on firm legal ground.”
Rhode Island State Police Superintendent Col. James Manni said at the same briefing Sunday that his troopers and national guard members were establishing two checkpoints on I-95 and two on other highways entering the state.
Commercial vehicles will not be stopped, but signs will direct passenger vehicles from out-of-state to rest stops where members of the national guard will stop motorists, he said. Those who say they’re passing through will be sent on their way, while those intend to stay in Rhode Island will be told about the 14-day quarantine requirement and asked for contact information that will be passed on to the state’s health department, Manni added. Rhode Island officials have promised door-to-door checks on those individuals, but it’s still unclear who will perform them.
Out-of-state passenger vehicles that don’t stop at the highway checkpoints will be pulled over by state police and directed to one, the police official said.
“Interstate commerce will not be impeded,” Manni emphasized. “The procedure we have in place does not violate anyone’s constitutional rights.”
New Yorkers also have been subjected to travel restrictions from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has said that people arriving from New York need to quarantine, and on Saturday, he announced he’d be setting up a checkpoint on I-95 to keep New Yorkers from entering the state by car.
Cuomo said he was unaware of the checkpoint.
“I don’t know what Florida did, but I will look into it," he said.
The governor had no criticism of President Donald Trump’s decision to subject New York to a travel advisory rather than a “quarantine,” a decision the president announced on Saturday night.
“This is not a lockdown, it is a travel advisory to be implemented by the states, in essence,” Cuomo said. “It’s nothing that we haven’t been doing — nonessential people should stay at home, so it’s totally consistent with everything we’ve been doing. So I support what the president did, because it affirms what we have been doing.”
On Sunday, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio also said such restrictions were not helpful but added it wasn't his primary concern.
"The only comment I have on it is we’ve got to be mindful of families that at this crucial moment want to reunite, whether that means families coming back to New York or leaving New York to go to another place where they’re based," he said, adding: "A travel advisory isn’t something I’m going to fixate on. ... I want to know when we’re going to get the ventilators, the PPEs [personal protective equipment] and the doctors and the nurses to save lives here in New York."

Last edited: