Cops baiting you into arguments

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Blunt is right on this one.

Basically, Blunt is saying have yo shit together so the cops can't harass you. If they do, you will have more power from a legal standpoint to sue them or file a complaint.

If a cop decides to fuck with you, and everything is straight with you, do as your told and make sure to jot down notes and remember every detail. Focus on Winning the WAR and not the Battle.

Yep, have your tags straight, ID, insurance papers, no warrants etc

They can't do shit

If they are fucking with you for no reason and you got all your shit together politely ask for that badge number and I bet they leave you the fuck alone :hmm:

I'm not even letting cops search my shit no more and I don't even ride dirty anymore

Fuck that I drive the speed limit, use my lights and my tags and registration are good keep it moving bitch :hmm:

DoingDamage

Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Blunt is saying you have to have shit together that is not legally required that you have together (there is no ID requirement) and totally excusing harassment from police.

You can't just ignore the latter part of the equation.

I take it like this:

I know its wrong, but young black males are looked at as criminals. Having your shit together doesn't necessarily mean having everything legal. Its not illegal for you to wear a T-Shirt and jeans sagging, driving a Monte Carlo with 20's, coming from a neighborhood that is known for drug activity. Perception is everything, at least on the streets. Police are trying to stop crime and violence, so anyone appearing to be involved in something - they will pay special attention to them and see exactly what they are up to.

I'm not ignoring the latter part of the equation, but taking a holistic approach to it all. Most Police are trying to make the streets better and safer. Looking at it from THEIR point of view, they're trying to stop crime before it happens or escalates into something tragic. Most cops wanna do their job and go home.

If all of your shit is legal, and your ID when it expires can be argued that its not valid, meaning you have no ID. It's illegal for you to enter a bar without a state issued ID or Passport. An expired ID is just like not having one (in that case).

What I took from it was, why give the police an invitation to harass you??

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Has anybody had any experience with this? Was trying to get through somewhere and they asked to see my ID which expired a few days ago. We were joking and laughing and I told him it had just expired when I gave it too him and I was replacing it as soon as it came in the mail since I was outta state. He then got firm and got a attitude and told me I couldn't move my car and I had to bring someone to get it and if I moved it he would ticket me and have my car towed and said do I understand. I grab my ID he gave me my pass and I left without saying a word. He was bating me for a argument looking for a reason to get me for something. How many of yall have had to deal with shit like that?

I assume it was cracka yes? and was this your license? anyway why are you joking around with him to begin with? before I became a cop I ain't never had shit to say to them, now that I am one I still ain't got shit to say to them when I'm not at work.

Move like that and you will have no problems.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
I have dealt with it many times

When I was younger I used to pop off back but that doesn't get you anywhere but possibly jail

Your best bet is to just let them feel like the tough guy and go on about your business cuz 99% of cops are pussies hiding behind a badge and gun

Go ahead and get emotional that's how you were raised. Niggas always have an excuse you all talk bad for no reason at all.

Killa4luv

Support BGOL
Registered
We were joking and laughing

MIstake number 1. You are a black man, assume the police are your enemy and you will never go wrong. The police WANT to arrest you. They WANT you to be a perp. Don't say shit to the police unless all your shit is 100% in tact, and even then, watch what you say. They can twist anything into a suspicious act and use it as grounds to detain you search you and provoke you into an arrestable offense. All black men need to learn this shit: have your shit together, know your rights, be polite, but you don't have to say shit other than your name, address, and provide your ID. Shut them down politely.

When a cop is small talking you, it isn't small talk, he's fishing, recognize it as that and shut up.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
Just keep your nose clean and have your stuff together. You won't have a problem. I don't ride in a ghetto spaceship no baggy jeans or do I have my XM radio loud.

bhunt

Star
Registered
I assume it was cracka yes? and was this your license? anyway why are you joking around with him to begin with? before I became a cop I ain't never had shit to say to them, now that I am one I still ain't got shit to say to them when I'm not at work.

Move like that and you will have no problems.

Cause I'm always curious to people. Like I said I did some law enforcement when I was in. I was always taught you never escalate situations without a need to. If you don't understand human interactions you don't need to be a cop. The only time I had a issue is where I was dealing with someone who was drunk. Treat all people with respect no matter the situation and everybody goes home. I posed no threat and was nice and polite. I've ran through a few conclusions:

1. He was behind a big ass glass plate which I think he can flex and not get his ass whopped if a person wanted 2.

2. Very insecure about his self and needs his badge and weapon to feel power.

3. I didn't make a scene and give into what he wanted.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
MIstake number 1. You are a black man, assume the police are your enemy and you will never go wrong. The police WANT to arrest you. They WANT you to be a perp. Don't say shit to the police unless all your shit is 100% in tact, and even then, watch what you say. They can twist anything into a suspicious act and use it as grounds to detain you search you and provoke you into an arrestable offense. All black men need to learn this shit: have your shit together, know your rights, be polite, but you don't have to say shit other than your name, address, and provide your ID. Shut them down politely.

When a cop is small talking you, it isn't small talk, he's fishing, recognize it as that and shut up.

You are wrong. I know people personally who are officers of the law. They are not my enemy. The militant attitude is still around.

Damn Right

Rising Star
Registered
He was bating me for a argument looking for a reason to get me for something. How many of yall have had to deal with shit like that?

by law, he was correct. but he coulda went about it in a more pro way since u weren't comin at him sideways. but yea, i've had cops do the SAME thing. they try and buck the issue, acting all heavy chested like they tryin 2 square up. but it's all verbal. no touching. no grabbing. like they want YOU to make the first move. i just look 'um straight in the eye and give 'yes' or 'no' answers. if it's a question that doesn't require a 'yes' or 'no'? then i don't answer it; like the cop that asked ''where did you get the money for this kind of car?" i just looked at him with no expression, just blank like :hmm: and when he said 'did u hear what i said' i replied 'yes' and kept the blank expression on my face. dude couldn't do nuthin since i was smart enough to know that he was baiting me

DolphinBoy

Star
Registered
I'll tell you the best strategy to do against a cop.

When you get stop, have an extra pair of glasses, have either a conservative talk radio programmed into your stereo, and your work ID. When he comes to the door, have some Rush Limbaugh blasting, with your glasses on. I guarantee you will get out of that ticket. Trust me, that shit works.... After he/she leaves, start jamming what you was jamming...

OH yea, always say you are late for work *if you have a job that's overnight*. I got out of a DUI with that one...

:lol:

bhunt

Star
Registered
by law, he was correct. but he coulda went about it in a more pro way since u weren't comin at him sideways. but yea, i've had cops do the SAME thing. they try and buck the issue, acting all heavy chested like they tryin 2 square up. but it's all verbal. no touching. no grabbing. like they want YOU to make the first move. i just look 'um straight in the eye and give 'yes' or 'no' answers. if it's a question that doesn't require a 'yes' or 'no'? then i don't answer it; like the cop that asked ''where did you get the money for this kind of car?" i just looked at him with no expression, just blank like :hmm: and when he said 'did u hear what i said' i replied 'yes' and kept the blank expression on my face. dude couldn't do nuthin since i was smart enough to know that he was baiting me

This is the point i"m addressing he wasn't professional at all. Then people wanna cry about when somebody blast a cop. If less situations like mine went on they could build up a favorable rep. I needed to get somewhere. I knew the consequences told him my ID was messed up he could of either let me on or say no. No need to stick his chest out and act tough behind a desk.

fsg123

Philly Brotha Making His Own Way
Registered
As far as generally not renewing identification, people are busy and have various reasons, in the words of Bobby Brown, that should be my prerogative. It's not mandated to have an ID.

(I haven't thought about this in a while, but, on that note, I wonder whatever happened to that Real ID Act everyone was hyped up about three years ago now.)

In the state of Pennsylvania, if you are over the age of 18, you are REQUIRED to carry a state issued ID. If not you can be detained for up to 48 hours so that you can be finger printed to verify who you are.

Know the laws in your state.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
In the state of Pennsylvania, if you are over the age of 18, you are REQUIRED to carry a state issued ID. If not you can be detained for up to 48 hours so that you can be finger printed to verify who you are.

Know the laws in your state.
How many states have laws such as this? I don't believe thats the case in my home state of Nevada.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Last week there was a fire at my apartment complex nowhere near my building, I went to drive in a little past midnight and the cop yells at me "What are you doing?" and tells me I can't go in (police cars in the street but the entrance isn't blocked off)... So I park on the sidewalk to walk in and the motherfucker tells me to go somewhere...

I drove around and got in through another entrance (there was a cop there, too, but he said nothing to me, was staring like a motherfucker though), but people gotta get up in the morning, I had no place to go and don't have gas money to just ride around, can he really do that?

Again, fire was a couple of buildings away from mine... I wanted to argue with the motherfucker but I have driver's license issues and decided to let things be.

Anybody know?

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
I knew the consequences told him my ID was messed up he could of either let me on or say no. No need to stick his chest out and act tough behind a desk.

Now it seems like maybe YOU'RE the one with the attitude. Trying to tell him how he should do his job and interpreting his behavior ("stick his chest out and act tough") in a way that conforms to your feelings of defensiveness and self-pity. Since you were so quick to judge him as hostile it wouldn't surprise me if he saw you as potentially provocative and/or obstinate. Maybe you just don't see how you come off to authority figures.

Sentra52

Star
Platinum Member
He was trying to game you!! Keep you papers straight and don't ride dirty!!!

They try to twist you up and get you on "giving conflicting statements" which is grounds for them to search your ride... Textbook PIG School!

18424940_e68849aa14.jpg

2582061184_958992001f.jpg

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
.. they asked to see my ID which expired a few days ago ...

That's the whole story, right there. You were fucking up. It's ambiguous as to whether you were driving your car with an expired license or not. If you were, then the cop let you off light. He could have jammed you up hard for that. For starters, he could have arrested you and had your car impounded on the spot. Now that isn't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it would have been awfully inconvenient. Plus, it would have cost you a nice little chunk of change in fines, towing and storage (of course the towing company would have dented and scratched the shit out of your car in the interim.

Additionally, you said that you grabbed your ID from the cop. That's just retarded. You have nothing to gain pulling a stunt like that and everything to lose. Had you so much as brushed his hand--if he wanted to be a dick--he could have arrested you for assaulting a police officer. That would have been a big deal; to the tune of jail, fines, court costs and lawyer's fees.

Last edited:

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
Never argue with them. Keep it moving and remain calm.

Damn right, especially since they quick to taser motherfuckers. They had a post a couple days ago about them tasering some 72 year old bird. Imagine what they'll do to us:hmm:.

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sounds like he was informing you that since your license was expired, you would have to have some licensed person to move your car for you. how is this baiting you into an argument? whats the deal with you young emotional niggas these days? :confused::hmm:

:lol: Word. I had a guy tell me that my shoes were untied .. what kinda faggot shit is that. So, I kindly popped a cap in him as I said thank you. :smh:

Last edited:

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
they always do that shit. its cliche but most cops were/are fuckin losers and need to act like that to feel important! i hate those motherfuckers. i dont need them they dont help me at all ill handle my own shit everytime they get involve they do nothing. fuck em die slow

Never argue with them. Keep it moving and remain calm.

co-sign.

back in high school i used to get harassed by cops and i never was considered a trouble maker. i just let them feel important when they're really sore losers with a low self esteem. if i can help a lame ass cop raise their esteem and feel important in the world by bothering me, im happy to contribute just as long as i stay out of jail.

wutdadeal3

Star
Registered
I was just going to read this thread and say nothing but I have to address these two for thinking or stating or implying that wanna-be age mature factor.

sounds like he was informing you that since your license was expired, you would have to have some licensed person to move your car for you. how is this baiting you into an argument? whats the deal with you young emotional niggas these days? :confused::hmm:

Thanks, you save me a lot of typing.

I've been harassed by cops since I was young and gave them no reason to. I was always polite and respectful, I didn't even dress like my peers with the saggin' baggy pants. I was getting off of a YELLOW school bus when they harassed me. Oops, I mean one harassed me (the black one while the white cop on the driver side was looking at his partner like "this is why you wanted me to pull over?") That asshole asked me where was I coming from? So I looked at my school bus. Then I asked him why are you questioning me (in a soft voice). He stated that I fit the description of a disturbance. So now I'm getting upset because I know he's full of it. So I asked "And what may that description be?" He said a black young male wearing black pants and a red top. I looked up and down the street and notice seven other people fitting that description (and no, there were no bloods or crips back then in New Jersey). So now I get sarcastic and inform him of the seven other people he could've questioned. He stated that I was a smart ass. So I sarcastically stated "I must not be if I'm getting Ds and Cs in school." I was thinking to myself that we both could be assholes at this point. The white officer had enough of his partner's questions and pulled off. Note: I was about 13 or 14 back then.

So as these guys in this thread are stating...it's an abuse of power. No different that how they use to abuse this power in the days of the panther movement. It may not be as harsh as it was back then but it still happens.

Second case: I was with this guy who was once a millionaire but became a born-again-christian and lost it all. When he was harassed by the cops and had his car illegally searched while they were acting as assholes trying to provoke him which he was falling for because he never experienced that before (note: this guy was in his 50s)...I laughed, because he was thinking like you two dudes here...thinking a person like me, is young and still need to mature and like all young people make excuses. Well, what's the excuse now when it happens to you? He apologized to me later about a similar conversation we had two days ago but now he sees what I was stating was to be true. But because he didn't experience it like I did, he thought I was young minded and made excuses as all youths do.

Third case: What about that black guy that got shot and killed by the white cop in New York? All that cop saw was a black man with gun chasing a white man. He didn't apprehend him, he shot him. Then later the story comes out that the black guy was a off duty cop and he was chasing this white guy who tried to steal his car. Note: in what state would you see a black man (knowing the racial wars still exist) would be running down a street in public chasing a white man while holding a gun? Not even an ignorant black ninja would do such a thing. But it goes to show that the rational is not present with cops. And to be a cop is to have great responsibility. So to abuse that authority is totally wrong no matter how you slice it!

So to doglife193 and Deuterion please think before you type since you want to take that "I'm older and mature" approach. Please read thoroughly before commenting. Because the guy clearly stated that the officer's attitude changed which is why he felt that the cop wanted to provoke baiting. Which is what the officer was trying to do.

Note to all: WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW WILL HURT YOU.

And as for your right in America...the Miranda rights clearly state...

You have the right to remain silent
(why is this so important? because...)

ANYTHING YOU SAY, CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN THE COURT OF LAW.

Last edited:

Eduble

Star
Platinum Member
1. Don't joke with cops they are trying to get you to let your gaurd down.

2. Never agree to let a cop search your car at a traffic stop. Make them explain what their cause is for the search.

3. Cops are not black people friend.

4. Never act like you are in a rush to leave. That is when the game starts. Start asking the cop general question to eat up his/her time.

5. Refer to number 3

6. Never never say you did something. Cop ask if you was speeding say no. Then if he says you was doing 65 in a 50 then say you would like a print out of when you was clock doing that.

7. Always look the cop in the eye.

8. If the cop cracks a joke turn the joke around and put the cop on defense.

9. Blunt is a cunt

10. Fuck the police.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
:lol: I remember this, funny but untrue. Chris comes off like Clarence Thomas sometimes, the "mad woman" egging the cops on would probably end up like in the movie Crash in real life, and we knooow Cuba Gooding's character was hardly a gangsta or the stereotypical black Rock has made a fortune off of depicting.

charlie dark

Star
Registered
He got firm carried a attitude with a person who was being friendly. He actually escalated the situation. I informed him of my infraction from the beginning. I posed no threat. He could have informed me of my consequences and let me go on my way. He still let me in. If I would have gotten a attitude he would have found a reason not to. I did some basic law enforcement when I was in the military. You do not escalate situations when there is no need to. that's how shit ends up going wrong for both parties involved.

Let's be real my man, it could only have gone wrong for you!!!!

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
it aint a crime to argue with a pig, he gonna give you a ticket regardless so speak your mind

bhunt

Star
Registered
Let's be real my man, it could only have gone wrong for you!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I feel you brotha. But we just witnessed a cop loosing his job with the situation with Ryan Moats. Nobody won in that situation. He lost his job(he resigned, but sill no job) and he didn't get a chance to say goodbye to somebody.