Chinese giant that powers Tesla says it has million-mile electric-car battery ready to launch

Moving Target

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is a game Changer and GM has one

if thats true...TELSA BOUT TO BODY SOME OF THE CAR INDUSTRY GIANTS...I wasnt sold on the tesla at first but test drove one anyway...liked it. its faster than it seems...that was the only draw for me...the charge vs mileage.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if thats true...TELSA BOUT TO BODY SOME OF THE CAR INDUSTRY GIANTS...I wasnt sold on the tesla at first but test drove one anyway...liked it. its faster than it seems...that was the only draw for me...the charge vs mileage.
The problem is price. Tesla doesn’t make their own battery but GM has their own battery that can do a million miles. GM might can beat them in price

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was just reading a week ago about a development in battery tech where the lithium is replaced with purified table salt ... Imagine the ramifications from that. Now desalination plants have something else to do with all of the tons of salt they are filtering out of sea water to make potable water. Batteries could become so cheap and safe, that all sorts of usages for them would sprout up overnight.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was just reading a week ago about a development in battery tech where the lithium is replaced with purified table salt ... Imagine the ramifications from that. Now desalination plants have something else to do with all of the tons of salt they are filtering out of sea water to make potable water. Batteries could become so cheap and safe, that all sorts of usages for them would sprout up overnight.
Oh wow interesting

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You think Tesla needs a design change?

I could see Caddy or BMW making a better looking car
God yes. Tesla could use a major design refresh, the Model X and Model S are almost 10 years old! and the Model 3 and Model Y are just marginal changes of those older designs. The new Tesla Roadster is beautiful ... looks like what the baby of a NSX and a S2000 would look like.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Principle of conservation of energy... 1 million miles of how much load. If you put 300 gallons of gas in an M4-Shermn tank, you might get 150 miles at 2miles per gallon. Take the same amount of gas and feed it to a Honda Civic at 30 miles to gallon you get to go 900 miles... And how long would it take to charge that battery? How long would be able to retain the charge. I believe the current batteries discharge after 1 month without recharging

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Principle of conservation of energy... 1 million miles of how much load. If you put 300 gallons of gas in an M4-Shermn tank, you might get 150 miles at 2miles per gallon. Take the same amount of gas and feed it to a Honda Civic at 30 miles to gallon you get to go 900 miles... And how long would it take to charge that battery? How long would be able to retain the charge. I believe the current batteries discharge after 1 month without recharging
gu0m2.jpg

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
God yes. Tesla could use a major design refresh, the Model X and Model S are almost 10 years old! and the Model 3 and Model Y are just marginal changes of those older designs. The new Tesla Roadster is beautiful ... looks like what the baby of a NSX and a S2000 would look like.
I agree. I love the Tesla tech but the designs are a bit dated. I am thinking about copping one but would like a newer looking design

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

In other words, you can drive practically unlimited miles on one charge per month.

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Why you looking confused man? You know that dip shit is alway coming up with some stupid ass shit to post just to be part of the conversation..... the virus got him quarantined away from the goats that he's usually fucking.... :hmm:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I gotta slow down and start looking at usernames, I gotta hair trigger reply these days.

When he said:
"And how long would it take to charge that battery? ..." He broke my brain.

:roflmao:
I was like Gas, M4 Shermn tank, Gas, 150 miles, Honda, "charge that battery":hypnotised:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Post that shit dawg

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The charge of this million mile battery is the same as it takes to charge a normal Tesla battery on the super charger. The Million Mile name is slightly misleading as it can be misinterpreted that you only have to charge it once to get a million miles out of it, but that isn't the case. The reason why it is called a Million Mile battery is because you can get a million miles of drive-ability out of the battery before needing to replace it. A car giving you 300-400 miles per super charge gives you a battery that can last maybe 14yrs - 16yrs ... maybe even 20yrs before needing to be replaced.

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree. I love the Tesla tech but the designs are a bit dated. I am thinking about copping one but would like a newer looking design
The Rivian look really nice on the inside, but have kinda dull front ends. The other car companies seem to be dragging their feet for some reason in the EV field. There is no way that I would have let Tesla get a 10yr head start on me if I was in charge of any of the other car companies out there. Especially with Tesla open sourcing damn near 90% of their breakthroughs with any company who wants them.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
The charge of this million mile battery is the same as it takes to charge a normal Tesla battery on the super charger. The Million Mile name is slightly misleading as it can be misinterpreted that you only have to charge it once to get a million miles out of it, but that isn't the case. The reason why it is called a Million Mile battery is because you can get a million miles of drive-ability out of the battery before needing to replace it. A car giving you 300-400 miles per super charge gives you a battery that can last maybe 14yrs - 16yrs ... maybe even 20yrs before needing to be replaced.
I see; thanks for the explanation- it it is true I would buy a hybrid. So far I have refused to do that because right now the life is about 150, 000miles

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
In other words, you can drive practically unlimited miles on one charge per month.
It is about the endurance of the battery. One of the biggest hinderances to the marketability of
hybrids is the fact at 150, 000 miles, you have to pay $4-5000 to replace the battery. This eliminates
that problem. Before you reach 1 million miles, the car will fall apart for some other reason, so
they are essentially guaranteeing the battery for the life time of the car, and this is a game changer

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
It is about the endurance of the battery. One of the biggest hinderances to the marketability of
hybrids is the fact at 150, 000 miles, you have to pay $4-5000 to replace the battery. This eliminates
that problem. Before you reach 1 million miles, the car will fall apart for some other reason, so
they are essentially guaranteeing the battery for the life time of the car, and this is a game changer

Okay. That makes sense.

Do you think this kind of tech could be practical for solar or wind storage?

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Well, this kind of battery would last a lot longer than the current ones. In the long
run, the battery would be cheaper for that reason.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Electric cars are not hybrids. And many electric cars have over 150,000 miles easily. My car has over 150,000 miles and the battery is working like new.

Electric cars can run for ever because they don’t have any moving parts.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This and the estimated potential of graphene could be the VCR /BetaMax or PlayStation/ Xbox battle of battery tech

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This and the estimated potential of graphene could be the VCR /BetaMax or PlayStation/ Xbox battle of battery tech

If these things come to market within this decade, ICE vehicles will be dead the decade after. There will be a multi billion dollar EV conversion business for owners who want to keep their "classic cars" on the roads and for gas stations converting to EV charging. Funny thing is, oil production will not die, in fact it might actually grow as oil gets used for other things instead of fueling vehicles.

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Also, these new million mile batteries are lighter and more energy dense. It is suggested that it will take a third less of the new batteries to produce the same mileage that the old batteries could do, that's far less vehicle dead weight which will improve mileage and/or cargo capacity. Or you could keep the same amount of battery capacity in the Tesla and get far more range, something closer to 500+ miles on a single charge.