CAPES, Inc. Mission #17: Ashanti UPDATE: Nelly Did It!

Would you cape Ashanti?

• Total voters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
JRzkr2.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Welp, Ashanti Got COVID, So Tonight’s Verzuz Is Canceled
By Chris Murphy@christress
Photo: Getty Images

c75140accc31232fe5c443a1fb8e460bea--22ashanti-22.rsquare.w330.jpg

For all those looking forward to the Verzuz showdown between R&B songstresses Ashanti and Keyshia Cole tonight, we’ve got some bad news. The highly anticipated music event has been postponed because Ashanti has tested positive for COVID-19. “Hey y’all I can’t believe I’m saying this but I tested positive for COVID-19,” wrote Ashanti in an Instagram post on Saturday, December 12. “I’m ok and not in any pain. I’m actually down to do the Verzuz from my house … We’re trying to figure it all out.” Ashanti and Keyshia Cole were set to go head to head, following the most recent “Icy” battle between Gucci Mane and Jeezy, which became the highest viewed Verzuz of all time with over 9.1 million viewers tuning in. Although Verzuz is an event set up specifically to withstand the existential threat of COVID, but nevertheless the event has been postponed indefinitely. Ashanti has not exactly been quarantining, as last month she traveled to Antigua and shared multiple photos of her trip on social media. Even so, we’re wishing Ashanti a speedy recovery so that we can see her her to belt out “Foolish,” “Baby,” and half of J.Lo’s catalogue.

Update, December 12, at 8:30 p.m.: While it was Ashanti who came down with the illness, it seems that it was Keyshia who decided that if they couldn’t do the Verzuz live and in person, she didn’t want to do it at all. Keyshia Cole and Ashanti went live on Instagram together after it was announced that their Verzuz battle would be postponed. During the live, Ashanti, who blamed “the Devil” for her contracting COVID-19 and not her recent bouts of international travel, doubled down on the sentiment that she shared in her Instagram post, saying that she would have been down to do the show, virtually. Keyshia was clearly less than thrilled with the idea. “I want to give you a hug. I want to love on you. I want to sing your songs in front of you. I want you to be there and do the same. I want you to enjoy our flowers. I want to enjoy my flowers, and I want us to be united as one,” said Keyshia Cole. So, while we could have had a Jill Scott versus Erykah Badu–style Verzuz tonight, it looks like we’ll be waiting at least two weeks for Ashanti to finish quarantining, so the girls can get together in person. Keyshia wants her flowers and she wants them hand delivered, thank you very much.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Update, December 24, at 3 p.m.: No word on a Verzuz reschedule yet, but Ashanti updated fans on Instagram to thank them for all the well wishes and to let us all know that she’s “feeling much better” after testing positive for COVID-19 on December 12. She also suggested that her parents were affected by coronavirus as well, “Thanking God that my mom is out of the hospital and my dad is doing well.” We’re relieved that Ashanti and her family are doing better, and that Bink brought her herbal teas. Good on you, Bink.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Verzuz Postpones the Ashanti and Keyshia Cole Battle (Again)
By Zoe Haylock@zoe_alliyah
Keyshia Cole and Ashanti. Photo-Illustration: Vulture, Getty Images and Shutterstock

41f32d86a74113144b9480b322dca110cc-keyshia-cole-ashanti-1.rsquare.w330.jpg

As the OG coronavirus and the new coronavirus variant battle to take out the globe, Verzuz has officially postponed this Saturday’s showdown between Ashanti and Keyshia Cole, citing the emotional events of the week and rising COVID-19 rates. “As much as we enjoy having everyone together in the same room, to protect the artists and everyone who works with us in putting the shows together, we’ll be going back to separate locations for a bit,” they wrote in a statement. “We’re excited for the next few events, and look forward to getting back to the show in the coming weeks.” Verzuz was originally a socially distant production over Instagram Live, but as it took off last summer, the artists began meeting in person. Verzuz added that the Ashanti versus Keyshia Cole Verzuz is now “coming soon.” We’ve heard that one before.

The showdown between the two R&B icons has already been postponed once. Ashanti had to push the event from December after she contracted COVID-19. She was down to do Verzuz from quarantine, but Keyshia Cole wanted to meet up old-school-style (in person, that is). “I want to give you a hug,” Cole told Ashanti at the time. “I want to love on you. I want to sing your songs in front of you. I want you to be there and do the same. I want you to enjoy our flowers. I want to enjoy my flowers, and I want us to be united as one.” Alexa, play “Foolish” by Ashanti.

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
She's in her 40s. Perfect time to wife her and drill with no worries of babies. Those eggs are probably all fucked up by now.
:dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Keyshia Cole and Ashanti’s Verzuz: The most legendary moments
What was your favorite moment from Keyshia Cole and Ashanti’s legendary Verzuz?
By Lauren "Bobby Pen" Williams Jan 21, 2021, 11:21pm EST
Share this story

After two public postponements due to COVID-19 precautions, the VERZUZ franchise kicked off 2021 with the much anticipated Ashanti vs. Keyshia Cole celebration. More than 1 million viewers tuned in to watch the princesses of R&B take the stage to play their top tracks hit for hit.
The sets featured intricate black and white throne chairs, Ciroc and Doritos displays, and Cole even had her name in lights behind her. Both queens looked gorgeous in all black, straight hair and side parts.
During the warmup, viewers enjoyed the sounds of the music industry’s favorite ladies like Mary J. Blige, Megan Thee Stallion, Beyonce, Aaliyah, SWV, Xscape and more. Celebs like Justine Skye, 21 Savage, Fat Joe, Tamar Braxton, Lil Mo, Spice Adams and Ja Rule pulled up to enjoy the celebration from the comments section, too.
Black Twitter’s funniest reactions to Keyshia Cole and Ashanti’s Verzuz starting late

The two divas, whose careers parallel in many ways, set the tone for ladies nights around the world for more than two decades, and Thursday night (Jan. 21) they brought that vibe to our smartphones, laptops and LED screens.
Check out the best moments of the night below!
1. The Pre-Show Comments
Impatient fans turned the comments into a comedy show. Comments like, “I’m waiting like Bernie,” “Diddy defund these people,” “Keyshia’s in an Uber” and “If Keyshia got a boot on her car just say that!!!” were said while the audience of more than half-a-million viewers waited for the main event.
2. Keyshia Cole Brought The ‘tude And The Numbers
After a fashionably late arrival, Cole showed clear signs of irritability, but her fans didn’t mind because the viewer count shot up to 1 million as soon as she touched her throne.
Keyshia Cole Doing The Step Routine To “Last Night”
In a positive energy shift, Cole showed us her step routine to the beat of “Last Night,” her 2006 feature with Diddy on his Press Play album.
A reminder of Ashanti and Keyshia Cole’s biggest hits before their Verzuz
3. Ashanti Shared The Story Behind J. Lo’s “Ain’t It Funny”
Ashanti recalled how she almost signed to Bad Boy when she was 13 years old. Taking a little more time to develop, she got her big break in the music industry as a songwriter. One of her early placements was “Ain’t It Funny” by Jennifer Lopez. The song reached critical success, landing in the Top 10 in several countries. Ashanti even joked that once the song featuring rapper Ja Rule dropped, Puff called and asked Ashanti if it was a shot at him. It wasn’t, but the question tickled her some 19 years later.

4. Keyshia Cole’s Tupac Tribute
Cole was almost signed to Death Row as a teen. Tupac died when she was 16. She shared the story that she felt like it was a full circle moment when “Play Your Cards Right” dropped, and she had the chance to do a posthumous feature with the late rap legend.
Ashanti followed that up with her feature on “Pac’s Life” from his 10th and final posthumous album. The track also featured a verse from T.I. and was produced by LT Hutton.
5. O.T. Genasis’ Surprise Performance Of “Love”
Viewers were not ready for O.T. Genasis to show up on the screen, but the shock was a welcomed surprise. Endless crying laughing emojis and fire flames flooded the comment section as evidence that everyone loved it. Back in 2019, O.T. went viral for his gangsta rendition of Cole “Love” single. So, it was dope to see him tonight.
Black Twitter gets their vocals ready for Keyshia Cole and Ashanti’s Verzuz
6. Ashanti Raising Awareness for Women Overcoming Domestic Violence
When Ashanti played “Rain On Me,” she recalled how she came up with the concept for the music video co-starring “Power” actor Larenz Tate. The cinematic visuals depicted an abusive relationship, where the leading lady, Ashanti, had finally reached her wits end and solicited the help she needed from family to finally leave. She reflected on the dozens of fan letters she received from those who were inspired by that song and video to get out of the dangerous relationships they were in, as well. Love should not hurt. If you or a loved one needs help, please utilize resources such as the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE or thehotline.org.
7. What’s in Keyshia Cole’s Mugs?
Cole’s cups were truly running over — and not just in that corset. With a white mug, two black mugs and a glass snifter, we must ask what was sis sipping on? The comments speculated some dark liquor based on her “energetic” behavior.
8. The Unreleased Music Premiered
Both songstresses dropped off new heat for 2021. Cole brought us brand new track “I Don’t Wanna Be in Love” and Ashanti debuted “235 (2:35 I Want You).” Which new track is an instant classic to you?
9. The Outfits Were Fire
Both divas showed up in the glam department. Ashanti served serious corporate chic vibes with the diamonds and pearls accessories and the sleek, deep side-part. Cole gave us an edgy glamorous rock look, where her lovely lady lumps were the star of the show. The corset was sexy and the viewers loved it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why men don't want to marry her?

To be fair much like Mya...

maybe SHE doesn't want to marry any f these men

THEY may be could be the problem

I would relish the opportunity to have a very private long conversation about these challenges with both of them

at the same time.

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I would relish the opportunity to have a very private long conversation about these challenges with both of them

at the same time.

who are "these men"?

you lost me there

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor

at the same time.

I figured out Mya years ago she always says she loves looking at other woman's bodies enjoys strip clubs and don't like to get piped 7 days a week shes definitely a lesbo but don't wanna say it...

Ashanti on the other hand might have something incurable making it impossible to follow zods law or putting 5 babies in her, if you can't raw Ashanti or suck 10,000 champagne out her pussy without being on 5 prescriptions she is useless, you need to be a rich nigga on Valtrex to get at that :lol: