Can we end this Quincy Jones shit in this thread please? Sample haters, please create

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Re: Can we end this Quincy Jones shit in this thread please? Sample haters, please cr

that's the point. It's all opinion. Your argument depends on you not liking it, and will not reflect at all on technical skill.

That beat you posted, doesn't require much at all

poor child.

:lol::lol::lol: Still no beat , people with ears even if they don't like it will know it's quality work. If it sucks people will let you know it sucks. PERIOD. You're making excuses because you know damn well you can't do it and you're going out of your way to divert my original challenge. Pretty pathetic. I bet I can compose some shit better than you and I can't even play music that good, but I can hear it, I know notes.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Re: Can we end this Quincy Jones shit in this thread please? Sample haters, please cr

Are you niggas deaf or retarded? It's not about what's harder to do, it's about you all saying this is easy to make hot shit. Then go do it. Miss fat booty is not the hardest shit to make but I know none of you could have made that or thought of the concept otherwise you would have and sold it to Mos.

thats the thing... you don't know who you're talking to, Someone in this thread may have done that already, and you want them to impress ...

YOU

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

thats the thing... you don't know who you're talking to, Someone in this thread may have done that already, and you want them to impress ...

YOU

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where's your sounds at?

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

:lol::lol::lol: Still no beat , people with ears even if they don't like it will know it's quality work. If it sucks people will let you know it sucks. PERIOD. You're making excuses because you know damn well you can't do it and you're going out of your way to divert my original challenge. Pretty pathetic. I bet I can compose some shit better than you and I can't even play music, but I can hear it, I know notes.

for all you know, the fucker who made the beat you posted may be a member. And what's worse he prolly made that beat in 5 minutes and thought it was a throwaway til Mos spit on it.

Hi Tek, where you at??

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

:lol::lol::lol: Still no beat , people with ears even if they don't like it will know it's quality work. If it sucks people will let you know it sucks. PERIOD. You're making excuses because you know damn well you can't do it and you're going out of your way to divert my original challenge. Pretty pathetic. I bet I can compose some shit better than you and I can't even play music that good, but I can hear it, I know notes.

oh wait-- do we have a challenge? I'll post one if you do

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

Yeah you have a challenge. Lets go.

ok, count of 3, we're both gonna post a beat ready?

1,2,3!!

6a0105360968fe970b0120a554d2a3970b-800wi

Fuckouttahere dude. Go to the producer section of this board, and you will hear BILLIONS of beats, some BETTER than that one, just not heard.

Your argument was crushed before you wrote it.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

If I did post a beat, my beats are better than my homegrowns, and you remember who won that one

:jackoff::jackoff::jackoff::jackoff::jackoff:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

1,2,3!!

Fuckouttahere dude. Go to the producer section of this board, and you will hear BILLIONS of beats, some BETTER than that one, just not heard.

aw, man!

so truth wins cause u forfeit?

[eddiemurphy]c'mon man![/eddiemurphy]

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

aw, man!

so truth wins cause u forfeit?

[eddiemurphy]c'mon man![/eddiemurphy]

sure. He can have it. Truth wins:lol::lol:

but wait... he's got to post one or he forfeits too.

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor

the argument is very simple.

creation >>>>>>> innovation

u guys are fucking idiots.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

the argument is very simple.

creation >>>>>>> innovation

u guys are fucking idiots.

Whattup Sean... studying latenight eh?

I might agree with you here... whaddya mean exactly?

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

1,2,3!!

:smh::smh::lol::lol::lol::lol: You shook son?

HB in HD

Star
Registered

Above the Law Murder Rap

Quincy Jones - Ironside

SKATTA

International
International Member

This shyt will never end.

but then again not sure i want it to,the entertainment value is priceless.

:lol:

I still maintain Quincy is right.

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor

Whattup Sean... studying latenight eh?

I might agree with you here... whaddya mean exactly?

Here's an analogy. Scientist and a technician. A technician knows the rules and understands how to put a bunch of building blocks together to make something. A scientist knows how to make the building blocks.

Kanye is a creative dude but he's a technician and innovator.

This has nothing to do with era or genre of music. That's a straw-man that the c/s-ing idiots create to divert the argument.

Q is a scientist, creator AND an innovator. His catalog is older than Kanye's life.

Kanye, Just Blaze and all the c/s-ing dummies in this thread need to stfu already.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

Here's an analogy. Scientist and a technician. A technician knows the rules and understands how to put a bunch of building blocks together to make something. A scientist knows how to make the building blocks.

Q is a scientist, creator AND an innovator. His catalog is older than Kanye's life.

Kanye, Just Blaze and all the c/s-ing dummies in this thread need to stfu already.

A dummy doesn't know how to read or how to understand that I was saying post up a track if it's so easy rather than trying to compare Quincy Jones to Kanye. So take your own advice along with your dumb ass analogy and shove it up your ass.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

why is this going over you guys heads.:rolleyes:
nobody is downplaying quincy jones or saying that kanye is better.
we're just saying what kanye does also takes skill and talent and hes more than a rapper.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

This has nothing to do with era or genre of music. That's a straw-man that the c/s-ing idiots create to divert the argument.

yes. I'm cosigning here.

It's just been an UNBELIEVABLE ride. I thought we just needed a lesson on WHO QUincy Jones really is, but it's been futile. Oh well, if these fuckers think me posting a beat is gonna settle some score for them, it'll never get settled.

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor

A dummy doesn't know how to read or how to understand that I was saying post up a track if it's so easy rather than trying to compare Quincy Jones to Kanye. So take your own advice along with your dumb ass analogy and shove it up your ass.

fnztvo1.gif

Your thread ...

fallin-o.gif

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor

why is this going over you guys heads.:rolleyes:
nobody is downplaying quincy jones or saying that kanye is better.
we're just saying what kanye does also takes skill and talent and hes more than a rapper.

why did my post go over ur head?

mark_watson_homepage_01.jpg

obviously any idiot would know that Q's initial statement was hyperbole. a reaction to the interviewer suggesting that his name and Kanye's be mentioned in the same breath. He later clarified what he meant. Saying that what Kanye does also takes skill and talent is redundant. It takes skill and talent to be a professional idiot. Ask Wocka Flocka. And if you don't agree, go try doing it. Q can do everything Kanye can and then some. This last part isn't pertinent to the thread topic but the Miami Warmth suck ass!

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

why did my post go over ur head?

mark_watson_homepage_01.jpg

obviously any idiot would know that Q's initial statement was hyperbole. a reaction to the interviewer suggesting that his name and Kanye's be mentioned in the same breath. He later clarified what he meant. Saying that what Kanye does also takes skill and talent is redundant. It takes skill and talent to be a professional idiot. Ask Wocka Flocka. And if you don't agree, go try doing it. Q can do everything Kanye can and then some. This last part isn't pertinent to the thread topic but the Miami Warmth suck ass!
go look in that other thread.
some of these fools act like what kanye does aint shit
as for the Heat

tumblr_kzwku6K1r71qzvqipo1_500.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::dance::dance::dance:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

if you could prove that kanye had never come up with a single melody or played a single part, this might be totally valid. but the fact that you can tell a ye beat when you hear one, despite the fact that he uses different samples on each song, speaks to the contrary. on some songs the samples he uses are so small they would be damn near insignificant in any other form. to take a tribal yell or something else non melodic and create a composition with it IS writing music; it's not like he's looping on every track he does. you're sellin ye way short.

clearly q's catalog trumps ye's...he's got 50 years on him for godsake. but to imply that ye isn't "creating" is wrong.

CeeloChamp

Star
Registered

its not even about samples, 808's was a good ass album and he didnt use not one sample on that album, that was all original music

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

its not even about samples, 808's was a good ass album and he didnt use not one sample on that album, that was all original music
nah, he used a few. but it was his most sample light album. the fact that that isn't obvious supports my point.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

if you could prove that kanye had never come up with a single melody or played a single part, this might be totally valid. but the fact that you can tell a ye beat when you hear one, despite the fact that he uses different samples on each song, speaks to the contrary. on some songs the samples he uses are so small they would be damn near insignificant in any other form. to take a tribal yell or something else non melodic and create a composition with it IS writing music; it's not like he's looping on every track he does. you're sellin ye way short.

clearly q's catalog trumps ye's...he's got 50 years on him for godsake. but to imply that ye isn't "creating" is wrong.

Here's the part I wish you guys would STOP saying, and that's it.

I'll even give you some points.

Was Quincy going overboard in his original statement, and not giving Kanye his due as a producer? YES

That would be why he recanted his statement.

Should the reporter have ever even brought up the question? HELL NO

Why shouldn't he have? because their catalogs aren't even CLOSE, and under these conditions, IT SIMPLY WON'T EVER.

Is Just Blaze correct when he said that Quincy doesn't know that Kanye is a producer? NOT REALLY because Quincy had already recanted his statement.

He didn't come back and say "my bad, Kanye is ONE HELL of a producer yall", but he made it a point that it shouldnt be taken out of context.
So Just Blaze should've taken that statement at face value. But no, he wanted to make the point that the only difference between them is their eras and the tools they use. He also made it seem as if Q is clueless to what a hiphop producer does. This is ridiculous because HIS SON produces hiphop.

The differences are so vast that it's truly insulting to the man and his legacy.

Just Blaze tried to be respectful it seemed, but he also had an air of attitude in his statement. I detected both. The attitude had NO place.

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor

ok good points. maybe he creates some music but his catalog in that arena doesn't even come close to Q's. do u agree?