Can The WNBA Be Improved Financially? Is this what you wanted.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
kelsey-plum-051524-2-deeabe7765fd4e81b53b5ea603f5e043.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

From a business perspective, it makes sense not to put their team “The worst team in the league for the past two years” up against the best teams to showcase their product.

I’m not advocating making it easy for Caitlin, but from a business perspective you want to put your product in the best light.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dr. J got traded from the Virginia Squires to the New York Nets because it was better for the ABA.

"Protecting" stars is something that is talked about regularly in professional wrestling circles (See the Brawl For All and how it killed Dr. Death's push) but it's something that legitimate sports leagues need to do for long-term popularity and stability.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

The WNBA has failed miserably on capitalizing on the attention that Caitlin Clark brought the league, Caitlin Clark brought eyes to multiple players, their are teams that are selling out their arenas but the WNBA only focuses on the Fever. The Fever will play their 8th game tonight (I think all have been televised) while some teams have only played 4 or 5. They've put all their eggs in the Caitlin Clark basket and her team is 1-6, it's going to be just like Deion Sanders with Colorado, people are going to stop watching when it's clear the team isn't going to be any good

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The WNBA has failed miserably on capitalizing on the attention that Caitlin Clark brought the league, Caitlin Clark brought eyes to multiple players, their are teams that are selling out their arenas but the WNBA only focuses on the Fever. The Fever will play their 8th game tonight (I think all have been televised) while some teams have only played 4 or 5. They've put all their eggs in the Caitlin Clark basket and her team is 1-6, it's going to be just like Deion Sanders with Colorado, people are going to stop watching when it's clear the team isn't going to be any good

You not wrong

But people are still coming out in droves to see Caitlin lose.