Can I remove the vocals from a recording

midnight410

Star
Registered
No, theres no way to do it...there is absolutly no way to strip vocals from a track and just leave the insturmental...anyone telling you otherwise is a fuckin liar...

Profit

Rising Star
Registered
Someone posted a program within the last 2 weeks that claims to do this. Didn't dl it so I dont know.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
There has got to be something that does it. I remeber a cat 10 years ago who would strip the vocals from songs. The sound was lower than the original but he was left with an instrumental copy.

As I remember this I have to ask, why do you want to do that? Are you a religous person who likes the beat but cant go around bumping 'I just want to fuck you."

Pase

Support BGOL
Registered
The short answer is no. There is NO way to seperate a mixed song into parts.

What you can do is phase inversion, if you have a version with the vocals and another without the vocals thats EXACTLY the SAME in evey other respect and the vocals are panned dead center but you will get degredation of the vocals because of frequency overlap

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
google it i did it the other nite with a few tricks but u can find out how to do in ova google...i would post how but its a long process..

NuBNPrince

Potential Star
Registered
you can minimize the vocals but you can't completely eliminate them. whatever channel (LEFT or RIGHT) the vocals are on when you do it, you risk losing some other element as well.

oboosan

Potential Star
Registered
As an audio engineer I have to say it is impossible. Eq or phasing tricks will never really do it right.
I've had clients come to me saying that they are ready to record and that they are bringing their own tracks, then want me to take Tupac's vocs out of his song so they can rap on it....wtf!