Cacs just keep cacing: MLB Braves Sean NEWCOMB, Trea TURNER FACE FALLOUT AFTER racist TWEETS

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
TWEET TROUBLE

Atlanta pitcher Sean Newcomb and Washington shortstop Trea Turner will face the fallout from their tweets, a day after they apologized for offensive posts from 2011 and 2012.

The 25-year-old Newcomb came within one strike of a no-hitter Sunday at SunTrust Park against the Dodgers. Less than an hour later, after the racist, homophobic and sexist tweets came to light, he said he regretted his actions. Major League Baseball, which dealt with a similar situation involving Milwaukee reliever Josh Hader on the night he pitched in the All-Star Game, said it will determine a course of diversity training for Newcomb.

Homophobic and racially insensitive tweets by Turner surfaced Sunday night. The 25-year-old Turner apologized in a statement released by the team.

The Braves are home Monday night against Miami. The Nationals begin a home series against the New York Mets on Tuesday night.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
636684860409930986-Screen-Shot-2018-07-29-at-5.05.39-PM.jpg

636684860918833979-Screen-Shot-2018-07-29-at-5.04.24-PM.jpg

DjThxMAXgAAoO6S.jpg

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
The responses are so boilerplate it's disgusting. The same statement over and over, just change the name and team or business. And it's for a reason; people get inured to the same language again and again and start paying little attention to it after a while.
That is the real danger - that people stop being outraged at this shit.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well....in Trae Turners defense.....I think all he did was make a gay joke from white chics. Not really nothing racist. Glaad gonna get in his ass though lol.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The responses are so boilerplate it's disgusting. The same statement over and over, just change the name and team or business. And it's for a reason; people get inured to the same language again and again and start paying little attention to it after a while.

BOOM

Trump 101

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Nothing will happen to them because that's baseball culture...This is the same sport that allows pitchers to throw balls near an opponent head hurts because that opponent took their time around the bases or celebrated for hitting a homerun.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Nothing will happen to them because that's baseball culture...This is the same sport that allows pitchers to throw balls near an opponent head hurts because that opponent took their time around the bases or celebrated for hitting a homerun.
What if they come after a black athlete for a 'homophobic' or 'misogynist' post from 2009? Shit, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they pressure a team to apologize for a supposed racist tweet from a black athlete who was 16 at the time.

Fuck a racist, but people better start thinking big picture, because best believe what's considered offensive is expanding and so is the time period of going after people. We a few steps away from teams having to apologize for posts players made in middle school. :smh:

I wouldn't be surprised if they testing this shit out on baseball players just so they can come at NFL players for social media posts. Best believe trolls working over time going through NFL players twitters and got screenshots already. :smh: NFL got such a pussy union that they might end up fining people over shit they did before they came to the league. :smh: Then when NBA season starts, they up next.

Best believe they waiting to demonize black athletes for anything that's in the growing list of what's offensive.

daddyfatsacks9000

Unapologetic Heterosexual Male
BGOL Investor
IMHO is opposite is also true. What happens when people are outraged by EVERYTHING? In my mind it becomes a "boy who cried wolf" situation. Where-in people become desensitized to constant outrages to the point where it trivializes REAL issues. The sky is not always falling, but if you believe that, when I actually, is are you even going to notice?
SIDENOTE: IN NO WAY AM I CAPING FOR THIS DUDE. I'M NOT A BASEBALL FAN. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE THESE SITUATIONS(ALONG WITH METOO) SEEM TO BE AN EVERYDAY NEWS ACCURENCE. FAKE OUTRAGE IS THE NEW THIRST TRAP. GREAT FOR RT'S, LIKES AND FOLLOWS BUT DOES IT REALLY HELP OR CHANGE ANYTHING?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

and on NATIONAL TV had a player make the slanty eyes gesture to an Asian pitcher

with NO repercussions.