Cacs Cacing: General Hospital star apologizes (kinda) for Viola Davis tweet - On-going

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
General Hospital star apologizes for Viola Davis tweet

nancy-lee-grahn-viola-davis.jpg

General Hospital’s Nancy Lee Grahn has issued an apology for a tweet she sent out after Viola Davis made history by being the first black woman to win an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her work on How to Get Away with Murder. Accepting her award, Davis gave a moving speech, quoting Harriet Tubman and discussing the ongoing battle for black actresses in Hollywood.

Meanwhile, Grahn took to Twitter to share her thoughts, saying:

I wish I loved #ViolaDavis Speech, but I thought she should have let @shondarhimes write it. #Emmys

— Nancy Lee Grahn (@NancyLeeGrahn) September 21, 2015

Immediately receiving backlash from followers, Grahn started replying to many of the tweets. Some of her responses are below:

@kingquartermain Try being any woman in TV. Wish she’d brought every woman in the picture. I wish I’d opportunity to play roles she has gets

@JanvierNoir Harriet Tubman not equivalent to great roles Viola Davis hired 2play. She’s made millions. It is unfair comparison. .

@nxssy I do 2. I think she’s the bees knees but she’s elite of TV performers. Brilliant as she is. She has never been discriminated against

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Viola Davis winning lead actress Emmy's historic. My upset is acting awards dont fix racial injustice. As an actor I see how irrelevant we r</p>&mdash; Nancy Lee Grahn (@NancyLeeGrahn) <a href="https://twitter.com/NancyLeeGrahn/status/645819738325540864">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I never mean to diminish her accomplishment. I wish I could get her roles. She is a goddess. I want equality 4 ALL women, not just actors.</p>&mdash; Nancy Lee Grahn (@NancyLeeGrahn) <a href="https://twitter.com/NancyLeeGrahn/status/645820807722106880">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

After staying up most of the night apologizing to her followers, Grahn sent out a few general apology tweets on the matter:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I apologize 2 anyone who I offended. I'm women advocate since I became one. After reading responses, I hear u and my tweet was badly phrased</p>&mdash; Nancy Lee Grahn (@NancyLeeGrahn) <a href="https://twitter.com/NancyLeeGrahn/status/645834023458045954">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Schooled. As surrogate 2 last democratic presidents I thought I needed no lesson in equality. I was wrong. Please accept my apology.</p>&mdash; Nancy Lee Grahn (@NancyLeeGrahn) <a href="https://twitter.com/NancyLeeGrahn/status/645848478971654145">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

30 yrs an advocate 4 human rights & now i’m a racist. Color me heartbroken. Twitter can bring out the best & sadly tonight the worst of us.

RepostKing

Back up Modrator
Registered
she should have not made it about black people. Just be gracious, take your award and step.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
she should have not made it about black people. Just be gracious, take your award and step.

you would think they would get it by now...

the most insulting and offensive part is her CONTINUED attempt to DEFEND her position.

this is the new thing...go see Matt Damon too.

the I'm not really racist I'm just trying to be real crew

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

the most insulting and offensive part is her CONTINUED attempt to DEFEND her position.

Oh they get it. They just sorry for letting US know how they really feel.

Out problem is we think things will change if we can make them understand something that they created in the 1st place.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
They never think they're racists until they get called on their shit. Then they become bewildered at the backlash and admit to poorly worded tweets. foh. How you gonna say a Black woman has never been discriminated against? foh twice.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They never think they're racists until they get called on their shit. Then they become bewildered at the backlash and admit to poorly worded tweets. foh. How you gonna say a Black woman has never been discriminated against? foh twice.

^^^^

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
They suspended the CAC

Edit, just a rumor

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They suspended the CAC

Edit, just a rumor

i wouldn't be surprised...

she messing with the wrong woman.

shondra essentially RUNS ABC/Disney TV late night

period end of story

and she practically saved GH the ONLY remaining soap ON ABC.

watch.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nancy Lee Grahn "Heartbroken" After Backlash From Viola Davis Emmys Speech Tweets: "I've Been Schooled"

Sorry about that. After her tweets about Viola Davis' Emmys 2015 speech went viral, soap star Nancy Lee Grahn tweeted on Monday, Sept. 21, that she was "heartbroken" that people saw her as a racist.

Even after her emotional apology about her hate-tweets during Davis' Emmys speech, the General Hospital actress, 57, continued to receive backlash from critics into Monday evening.

30 yrs an advocate 4 human rights & now i'm a racist. Color me heartbroken. Twitter can bring out the best & sadly tonight the worst of us.

I've taking a whoopin 2night and as u can see will rightfully stay up all night to talk to you.

Indeed, Grahn engaged in conversation with her admirers and critics alike on Monday night, including CBS News Sunday Morning contributor Nancy Giles, who explained the scenario in detail.

"@NancyLeeGrahn Seeing Viola, an Oscar nominee, with Emmy in hand could make it difficult to see her/the struggle but believe [it]... her chances 2 play wide variety of roles has been limited," Giles tweeted. "She's 1st black woman to win this award!Speaks volumes. Finally in 2015 more visibility & range of characters. Still only 1 woman of color won lead actress Oscar. Our stories [are] not told! Just starting to happen.Some similarities w women over 40. Art should reflect the rich diversity of cultures . That's my 2 cents. Twitter can be vicious but don't stop the conversation. Always enjoyed yr work esp on Santa Barbara."

:hmm:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I apologize for my earlier tweets and now realize I need to check my own privilege. My intention was not to take this historic and important moment from Viola Davis or other women of color but I realize that my intention doesn’t matter here because that is what I ended up doing. I learned a lot tonight and I admit that there are still some things I don’t understand but I am trying to and will let this be a learning experience for me,” said the actress.​

:hmm:

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/20...by-abc-over-viola-davis-emmy-twitter-scandal/

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nancy Lee Grahn Not Suspended Over Viola Davis Tweets, 'General Hospital' Co-Star Ryan Paevey Sticks Up For Actress

People have been buzzing about the tweets "General Hospital" star Nancy Lee Grahn sent out Sunday night in response to Viola Davis' Emmy win for "How to Get Away With Murder." After Grahn said that Davis had never been discriminated against, among other things, Twitter went wild and Grahn spent hours backpedaling.

In the days following the incident, rumors started floating around that Grahn had been suspended from "General Hospital" and that the show had even lost advertisers. However, sources confirming this to be the case seemed to be lacking. Now, fellow "General Hospital" star Ryan Paevey has shared some details clarifying the situation.

Paevey did a Periscope broadcast on Wednesday and was asked several times about the Nancy Lee Grahn situation. He indicated that he was somewhat aware of what had happened, though he was trying to stay out of it. However, when asked if the "GH" actress had been suspended as had been rumored, he said that was not true.

The actor indicated that Nancy was on set on Wednesday filming, as was he. Grahn has not been on Twitter since the hours she spent Sunday night and Monday morning backpedaling over the Davis speech commentary. However, Paevey did step up to defend her via Twitter after the Periscope broadcast he did.

Ryan said that everybody makes mistakes and Nancy regrets how things played out. He adds that he doesn't think the tweets were indicative of how Grahn really feels and she's not a racist. Paevey added, "All I'm saying is, I know her to be a good person."

Other than Paevey's comments, few have spoken publicly about this incident. ABC has not commented, nor has Viola Davis. Shonda Rhimes, the producer of "How to Get Away With Murder" is often quite vocal on Twitter. While she tweeted that she was speechless over Viola's win and speech, she hasn't touched the Grahn incident.

Though Grahn has not tweeted since the situation escalated Sunday night on Twitter, she's done a lot of deleting. The "General Hospital" star deleted the initial tweets that started the backlash, and since Monday she's also deleted dozens and dozens of tweets she posted defending herself to followers who pushed back against her posts.

Many imagine that things could be sticky behind-the-scenes with this, as both "HTGAWM" and "GH" are ABC shows. At this point, it seems that despite the rumors, Nancy Lee Grahn has not been suspended by "General Hospital." Will there be any follow-up on this situation, or is everybody involved just hoping it quietly goes away?

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/09/24/nancy-lee-grahn-not-suspended-over-vio

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
So Ryan Paevey....

paevey_ryan.jpg

....says she's not a racist. Okay well I guess that's that.

Last edited:

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
See how the CAC gets called out for her white supremacist views and switches to "victim mode"?

White Supremacy is a code/cult religion.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
They suspended the CAC

Edit, just a rumor

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No rumor it's confirmed and as they should.. These Cacs don't understand today is about the bottom line you fuck up the money you gotta go, plus with social media being the way it is these Cacs think shit is sweet until the rug gets pulled from under their feet

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See how the CAC gets called out for her white supremacist views and switches to "victim mode"?

White Supremacy is a code/cult religion.

then it has to be the largest code/cult religion

ever known to man..

what white supremacy is, is a crutch letting the

world know, a cannot compete on an even playing field without

the marked in their favor.. clear sign of inferiority...

they traded in their sanity and soul for the top position..

most of us know thats the worst long term trade you can make...

the highest you can go is rockefeller and that muthafucka fears

death like lee daniels fears pussy!!

with his fuckin sixth heart and shit...

him and dick chaney proof that money and power, dont

bring happiness, it just breeds fear..

we dont really understand that as a people because we dont

have them under a microscope like they have us..

Mentor B

"All literature is protest."
Registered

That's why I'm always like where's the embarrassment?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor

Playa the troll was referring to Viola Davis

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
GH News: Viola Davis Responds to Nancy Lee Grahn’s Emmy Night Tweets

Last week General Hospital’s Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis) caused quite a stir and made it into the national news when she tweeted her thoughts on Viola Davis’ Primetime Emmys acceptance speech.

The How to Get Away With Murder star gave a speech about how hard it is for African-American women to find the right roles in Hollywood and she gave a shout out to African-American actresses like Kerry Washington and Halle Berry.

Grahn quickly tweeted that she thinks [African-American writer and producer] Shonda Rhimes should have written the speech and went on to elaborate that all women have trouble finding the right roles, not just African-American women

That started a Twitter war that eventually ended with Grahn apologizing for her remarks.

Now, Davis has spoken to the New York Times about the incident, saying

“If there has been any backlash, it’s that all people want to feel included in a speech,” she said. “I know there has been some backlash with an actress who didn’t feel she was included.”

The paper asked Davis if she was specifically talking about Grahn and Davis responded with: “Yes. I don’t know that I want to say more about that.”

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Oh they get it. They just sorry for letting US know how they really feel.

Out problem is we think things will change if we can make them understand something that they created in the 1st place.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
GH News: Viola Davis Responds to Nancy Lee Grahn’s Emmy Night Tweets

Last week General Hospital’s Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis) caused quite a stir and made it into the national news when she tweeted her thoughts on Viola Davis’ Primetime Emmys acceptance speech.

The How to Get Away With Murder star gave a speech about how hard it is for African-American women to find the right roles in Hollywood and she gave a shout out to African-American actresses like Kerry Washington and Halle Berry.

Grahn quickly tweeted that she thinks [African-American writer and producer] Shonda Rhimes should have written the speech and went on to elaborate that all women have trouble finding the right roles, not just African-American women

That started a Twitter war that eventually ended with Grahn apologizing for her remarks.

Now, Davis has spoken to the New York Times about the incident, saying

“If there has been any backlash, it’s that all people want to feel included in a speech,” she said. “I know there has been some backlash with an actress who didn’t feel she was included.”

The paper asked Davis if she was specifically talking about Grahn and Davis responded with: “Yes. I don’t know that I want to say more about that.”

Oh now she turning it into an all women matter argument. I'm so sick of cacs cacing. :smh:

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
meanwhile, when Patricia Arquette won and used her opportunity to talk social issues, it was a different story.

tumblr_nv1d90qRXI1qcqhmzo6_1280.jpg

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
then it has to be the largest code/cult religion

ever known to man..

what white supremacy is, is a crutch letting the

world know, a cannot compete on an even playing field without

the marked in their favor.. clear sign of inferiority...

they traded in their sanity and soul for the top position..

most of us know thats the worst long term trade you can make...

the highest you can go is rockefeller and that muthafucka fears

death like lee daniels fears pussy!!

with his fuckin sixth heart and shit...

him and dick chaney proof that money and power, dont

bring happiness, it just breeds fear..

we dont really understand that as a people because we dont

have them under a microscope like they have us..

I agree. But I'm just saying it's socially engineered on a subconscious level now.

I remember educators on here talking about how CAC children having their white priviledge profiles established at very early ages.

You cannot maintain a system of injustice without programmed denial, ignorance & blind loyalty.

Do you remember that recent story of Queen Elizabeth throwing up Nazi gang signs as a toddler? Shit got swept under the rug quick.

Check out any doc on Nazi Germany. A <s>nation</s> continent of CACs under a trance. Just like here.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I agree. But I'm just saying it's socially engineered on a subconscious level now.

I remember educators on here talking about how CAC children having their white priviledge profiles established at very early ages.

You cannot maintain a system of injustice without programmed denial, ignorance & blind loyalty.

Do you remember that recent story of Queen Elizabeth throwing up Nazi gang signs as a toddler? Shit got swept under the rug quick.

Check out any doc on Nazi Germany. A <s>nation</s> continent of CACs under a trance. Just like here.
Damn

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk