CACs about to make Colin Kaepernick's life hell for refusing to stand for National Anthem

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not sure why J Cole would release this or why Kap needs J Cole to speak for him, this wasn’t a great look from a football evaluation standpoint but it will play well with black Twitter (X), which I’m sure as to why it was released in this manner
Why is it bad from a football evaluation standpoint? people request tryouts all the time.

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why is it bad from a football evaluation standpoint? people request tryouts all the time.
I’m sure they do, you’re correct, but in the conservative arena of football executives and evaluators, allowing a music artist to put said request out to try to either apply public pressure or get Twitter props isn’t a good look. I mean, the Jets signed Trevor Siemian, some also ran from the Broncos, do you think if Trevor allowed Garth Brooks to publicly post his request to be signed by the Jets, they would have signed him?

for as much as kap says he wants back in the league, and God bless him if that’s the case, he seems to either be playing mental checkers instead of chess or just frontin for more social media clout from his base that already believes he’s Malcolm X. He hasn’t said a public word if any real substance in years, why let some random ass rapper put out this request? Is J Cole some sort of mover or shaker in professional sports? I highly doubt it.

Last edited:

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’m sure they do, you’re correct, but in the conservative arena of football executives and evaluators, allowing a music artist to put said request out to try to either apply public pressure or get Twitter props isn’t a good look. I mean, the Jets signed Trevor Siemian, some also ran from the Broncos, do you think if Trevor allowed Garth Brooks to publicly post his request to be signed by the Jets, they would have signed him?

for as much as kap says he wants back in the league, and God bless him if that’s the case, he seems to either be playing mental checkers instead of chess or just frontin for more social media clout from his base that already believes he’s Malcolm X. He hasn’t said a public word if any real substance in years, why let sombe random ass rapper put out this request? Is J Cole some sort of mover or shaker in professional sports? I highly doubt it.
You're talking PR. What does that have to do with evaluation?

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're talking PR. What does that have to do with evaluation?
You're kidding right? It's the NFL, PR is a part of the evaluation formula, hence the "we don't want 'distractions' " excuse some teams lean on when choosing not pursue certain players when it's deemed their talent doesn't exceed the perceived distraction...ala Tim Tebow, Greg Hardy, Terrell Owens, etc. In this case, Kap hasn't played in what, 6 years? And he was last good almost 10 years ago, yet J Cole is his public advocate to get back in the league. Once you add that element to the overall evaluation, NFL decision makers aren't going to take you seriously. Now if this was 2013 Kapernick, it would be different, but this semi retired super black panther version? Let's be realistic here.

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That's the kind of analysis they use in talk radio but I know for a fact that's not the analysis they use in the NFL. He probably won't get a shot, but it will be due to the same old blackball shit, and it will have nothing to do with J Cole or whoever.

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Then give him a tryout and settle the matter. Obviously, some people are afraid he can still play. He would not be the first quarterback his age nor the first player to come back after a long layoff. See Staubach, Blanda, even fucking Brady. See also McConkey, Hennings, Blier, Villanueva etc.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Did that social justice money run out already? Or is his girlfriend turned baby mama applying the pressure on him?