Budgeting for relationship question...

Baldhead_Digital

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey everyone I'm making this post on both boards because I want to see the different viewpoints...

I'm in a relationship and I'm noticing that my spending is wild..i.e .. dinner dates, trips,ect... ect.. It's time for a new car and I'm thinking I'm going to pick up the Tesla, but I need to save a few dollars, cause I'm trying to avoid a car note. Aside form the car buying putting together and sticking to a budget is a responsible thing to do..ect...

So I'm putting together this budget... So far I got 40% income going to fixed expenses..i.e Mortgage, utilities ect... 15% to grooming ect... I'm trying to add my girlfriend into the budget ( i.e. dates, trips, gifts,ect) Not on the Sugar daddy thing, but just keeping track of hoe I'm spending. I was also thinking that if i had a fixed amount of resources dedicated to the relationship I'd probably better manage and improve the quality..i.e.. better planning ect...

So here's the questions ladies.. how much of your man's monthly income should he devote to a relationship... keep this in mind

-She's a girl friend not a baby-momma

-We don't live together

-She has a job and car and her own stuff

Also once I have the budget..should I tell my girl about the budget?
Grown Folks what are your thoughts

Osca Lee

REALNA'MUTHAFUCKA
Registered
ITS ALL A GAME OF CHANCE MAN...

go all in...talk to her and if you think sheis the one do things right

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
U want that booty you gotta do what you gotta do...you want that money you
gotta do what you gotta do...bottom line something or someone has to give....

Just make sure you can TAKE what is given!:cool:

IMO :smh:

She gotta go if she's messing up my money for fun...if a person really
cares about you they would not do you like that!

Playing dumb was for the 90's she pushing to see how far you'll let her.

But if that hole is that good to you then do what u gotta do.:cool:

Last edited:

Baldhead_Digital

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for the feed back. I notice that everyone is look at this as an issue of financial distress. This isn't that kind of thing. it's more of a I'm planing for the rest of the year, and I'm sourcing ideas for how I should divy up what's coming in.
Perhaps I'm asking my question incorrectly.. How much money do you allocate to entertainment expenses ( percentage)?