Bro. Dick Gregory On 'Django Unchained': "Spike Lee Is A Thug & A Punk."

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CS34OiuNmG0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlackLS430

☢☣☢ΤεСhṈøLøĢïСαL ṂøḊ™☣☢☣
Super Moderator
tumblr_mgmu3g0o6z1qcbk34o2_500.gif

bronski

Support BGOL
Registered
I like gregory, but he sounds a little out of touch here, a little Cosby'ish even.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Damn. Does he lurk on BGOL....He said you got people discussing the movie who have never seen it. There was a lot of that shit going on with BGOL even though the fucking screener was in the movie section. Cats bitching about nothing. :smh: :smh:

KP404

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And a dam good book at that. One the best autobiographies I ever read.

Sure was...love that book :yes:

The e-militants gonna hate this...maybe they should actually see the movie and buy Gregory's book to have a real discussion finally. Or just like my Henry Louis gates thread, they'll be ghost...

Last edited:

Powerforwardofthesquad

Rising Star
Registered
i've seen enough movies and read enough about slavery, and racist times as recent as the 1940s - 1960s, that i dont want to sit and watch more of it...shit is depressing, disheartening and pisses me off...there's enough bullshit that goes on daily

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn. Does he lurk on BGOL....He said you got people discussing the movie who have never seen it. There was a lot of that shit going on with BGOL even though the fucking screener was in the movie section. Cats bitching about nothing. :smh: :smh:

Yep

He gave the movie too much credit though

I liked it but "Posse" was a good movie about black cowboys as well

One of my favorite movies it was kinda slept on really

poster.jpg

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe it's alzheimers.I hope not but this don't sound like Dick,unless he met QT.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

So do you buy music of artist you don't like just so you can talk about them?

I swear we have a bunch of fuckin geniuses up this muthafucka :smh:

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe it's alzheimers.I hope not but this don't sound like Dick,unless he met QT.

Gregory's getting up there in age but dude will not sugar coat shit. Listen near the end, he talked about a freed slaved name Dangerfield Newby and the relation between him and Django.

Last edited:

lurknomo

Rising Star
Registered

true right, how yall gonna go on bro. dick, I think some folk got lost in the manusha or however you spell it but he had two main points

1. it was a black love story not riddled in sex, NEVER been done before (on a film with this magnitude) so don't make up some indie pro black love flick shown on youtube.

2. They said nigga...well like it or not we has black have a shortened history and that shortened history damn near starts with us being in this country being called niggaz, none of us like it but none of us can change it and it is our history.

and three as being in america the movie made a ton of money got all the fame and only the white folks got the awards, so fuck it lets take it for what WE got from it a black love story where the hero rode off in the end with his WIFE (not girlfriend, or fuck buddy his wife)...

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
So do you buy music of artist you don't like just so you can talk about them?

I swear we have a bunch of fuckin geniuses up this muthafucka :smh:

What in the blue fuck does that have to do with the movie? I don't like QT, but the movie was good.

When I speak on a musical artist, I say all the shit I heard was garbage, I don't comment on shit I haven't heard. It might be a good track.

I'm never going to comment on a fucking movie unless I've watched the fucking movie. People should do the same. If they don't like past work, comment about past work.

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep

He gave the movie too much credit though

I liked it but "Posse" was a good movie about black cowboys as well

One of my favorite movies it was kinda slept on really

poster.jpg

Posse was horrible. Sorry. Actually it was great because I got to see fine ass Salli Richardson nekkid.

MisterNell1

Star
Registered
He lost me when he said he saw Django UnChained 12 times!! GTFOH I guess he didn't have anything else to do with his time and $$?
I went to see Django because it looked interesting. I liked the fact the Jamie Foxx had a leading role in the film and Kerry Washington is featured. I felt that the only way to have a real opinion about the movie was to see it for myself.
The movie was good/entertaining with some remarkable performances, but Mr Gregory talking like that is the best movie he ever saw. :hmm: Maybe i saw a different version of it. :confused:
I'll probably go to the theater tomorrow, but i'm damn sure not going to pay to see Django again.Too many other flicks to see.

capitalq

Rising Star
Registered
yeah all of the "old gaurd" are missing whats missing..farrakhan, Dick Gregory..damn shame:smh:

it really is. Farrakhan's comments on Django were conciliatory. But he did lay the movie into a broader context about white fear, weapons, and the machinations of hollywood.

i dunno WHAT the fuck Dick Gregory is doing.