Breaking: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died at 87

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This makes zero fucking sense fam.. zero

There are a couple huge redistricting cases on deck and a couple huge civil rights cases on deck

They are actively trying to further weaken our vote..

If they get a 6-3 majority... we will be fucked for 40 to 60 years... shit is bad now but it will be so much worse... Stop and frisk, planned parenthood, healthcare, search and seizure, voters rights, immigration... all of these things are coming up..

I just don’t think people really get how important the Supreme Court is... like it’s not even the things they decide on .. it’s also the shit that they don’t decide on.. the shit that remains a state issue ... in my opinion they are easily the most powerful branch in government.

All hands are on fucking deck... A 6-3 majority is a fucking nightmare for us.. Neil and kavanaugh are in their early 50s ... if trump puts down two more 50 year olds... we are fucked and our children are fucked.. we could live in a world where Women could get arrested for trying to decide what they want to do with their own bodies.. where they would be forced to carry to term the child of their rapist ... smh nope I don’t want to see that world.

most important post of the year nomination.

listen.gif

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
She put up with a lot to get where she got.

Hopefully the Dems can play that same bullshit game that they played with President Obama.

RIP Ruth

Like 2016, they aren't in charge and don't have the votes. All they can do is try to put up procedural roadblocks and/or hope there are enough vulnerable republicans on the Judiciary committee to stop it from going forward.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
who's crying? We're discussing legitimate concerns about an incredibly consequential death and opening on the SCOTUS. This isn't a conservative voting justice dying and being replaced by a conservative president or a liberal being replaced by a liberal. This is a liberal voting justice being replaced by a conservative president (no matter how he acts...he's a conservative hero now) who is almost certainly going to nominate someone under the age of 55. This is close to what happened when Marshall died and got replaced with Clarence Thomas, except now it could really make the court tilt far to the conservative side.

This is one of the most pathetic threads I've ever seen on here.

Bunch of grown men shedding tears - not out of reverence to the deceased, but politics.

Spouting hyperbolic fear mongering bullshit.

Rest in peace RBG.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
No, Trump's 42-44% is baked in. He will not gain one vote between now and the election. Democrats have to turn out the vote in 5 key states where his approval polls are around 45-46% The Democrats might lose some votes but Trump will not gain any.
Good point

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

There are a couple huge redistricting cases on deck and a couple huge civil rights cases on deck

If they get a 6-3 majority... we will be fucked for 40 to 60 years... shit is bad now but it will be so much worse... Stop and frisk, planned parenthood, healthcare, search and seizure, voters rights, immigration... all of these things are coming up..

I just don’t think people really get how important the Supreme Court is... like it’s not even the things they decide on .. it’s also the shit that they don’t decide on.. the shit that remains a state issue ... in my opinion they are easily the most powerful branch in government.

All hands are on fucking deck... A 6-3 majority is a fucking nightmare for us.. Neil and kavanaugh are in their early 50s ... if trump puts down two more 50 year olds... we are fucked and our children are fucked.. we could live in a world where Women could get arrested for trying to decide what they want to do with their own bodies.. where they would be forced to carry to term the child of their rapist ... smh nope I don’t want to see that world.

Both sides
Butter emails
No reparations no vote
I don't vote.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

all of this

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
you can't be serious, right?

Yes you fucking momo. If Trump and Mitch get their way, there will be a 6-3 Supreme Court with the most "moderate" conservative on the bench being Kavanaugh. Fuck outta here. Grown folks talking.

Chadwick's death isn't even on the same planet as this if the GOP pulls this shit off. You'd have to be an idiot to even compare the two. Decades of civil rights progress alone would get wiped out...much less all the other shit they'd destroy.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

Brother trying to speak to these brothers on here about this shit is an exercise in futility unfortunately.

This post really drives home the severity of what we're faces with and the consequences of inaction yet those same individuals will ignore posts like this and continue with the withhold your vote, both parties are the same, we need tangibles, etc. while blissfully ignoring the damage being done around them in real time.

And it isn't just the Supreme Court. Since taking office Trump has chosen over 200 judges which have been approved by this same Senate.

Just imagine the damage and consequences of having that many judges put in such powerful positions by a president who's proudly espoused white supremacist ideology.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
At least 4 GOP senators have said they will oppose a vote for a new justice before the election

Doesnt necessarily mean they will oppose a vote during the lame duck session though.
They will vote for her replacement next weekend. It’s like you guys never learn. Let me guess you believe a Susan Collins will do the right thing? Let me guess you think Corey Gardner will do the right thing? Let me guess you believe in the polish sounding name woman from Alaska is going to the right thing? You guys can play that corny game if you want to.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Biden has no choice but to promise with a dem senate majority he will add justices to the court.. it’s that simple...
I don’t even think he should say anything. Just let them know the role of the president and the incoming majority Democratic Party senators. The republicans can win the battle but they will lose the war. What’s the point of getting six justices when the court is going to be expanded and there’s going to be a shuffle every year? What’s the point of getting 6 justices when the district courts will be expanded to 300?

They have been warned. Silence says a lot of things.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Biden has no choice but to promise with a dem senate majority he will add justices to the court.. it’s that simple...

Nah if he said that while running it would ultimately backfire I believe.

If the Democrats would even have the heart to consider this (which is a big and unlikely if) they would need to have other people in and affiliated with the party begin to throw it out in the press as a threat to Republicans without involving Biden or his campaign.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Any Republican who opposes Trumps nominee will have to deal with his constant Twitter attacks aimed directly at them which he'll also do at his KKKlan-paign rallies which he's now starting to hold again.

I doubt that there will be 4-5 Republican Senators who will not buckle under that pressure.
Twitter attacks? Is that’s what folks are afraid of? You guys should think long and hard about trying to bring cowards like Jeff Flake under your wing. You guys should be smarter than that. Be bester.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Any Republican who opposes Trumps nominee will have to deal with his constant Twitter attacks aimed directly at them which he'll also do at his KKKlan-paign rallies which he's now starting to hold again.

I doubt that there will be 4-5 Republican Senators who will not buckle under that pressure.

Mitch and Trump gonna get them in line. He'll allow the 3 that are in tight races to play the game (like he did before)