(((BREAKING NEWS FOR NYC ONLY-NYPD Officers Kenneth Moreno/ Franklin Mata cleared))

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
NYPD Officers Kenneth Moreno and Franklin Mata cleared of rape charges, convicted of misconduct

BY Melissa Grace and Corky Siemaszko
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Originally Published:Thursday, May 26th 2011, 11:09 AM
Updated: Thursday, May 26th 2011, 2:13 PM

alg_moreno_mata_acquitted.jpg

NYPD officers Kenneth Moreno and Franklin Mata leave Manhattan Supreme Court after a jury cleared them of rape charges.

amd_coleen_balbert.jpg

Prosecutor Coleen Balbert called Moreno and Mata a disgrace in her closing arguments

Freshly acquitted of raping a helpless East Village woman, a Manhattan cop fired back at his accuser Thursday and branded her a liar.

"I thought she made the whole thing up," Officer Kenneth Moreno said moments after he and partner Franklin Mata were fount not guilty of rape charges that could have sent them to jail for up to 25 years.

Moreno said prosecutors should have dropped the case when they found no DNA to link him to the woman.

"It didn't end with the DNA not being found," he said bitterly. "They just continued their investigation. It was just a roller coaster."

That said, Moreno says he bears the accuser, now 29, no ill will.

PHOTOS: Reaction from the courtroom

"I hope everything works out for her," he said. "I wish her no harm."

Moreno also had a warning for other
NYPD

officers when dealing with drunk women.

"Be very, very, very careful," he said. "Dot your i's and cross your t's."

A relieved Mata said he was "glad this was finally over."

"I want to finally get on with my life," he said. "I've been innocent from day one."

Moreno's lawyer,
Joseph Tacopina

, who took some heat for calling his client a "simpleton" in closing arguments, called the verdict "justice."

The jury didn't buy the accuser's story and placed little faith in what prosecutors thought was their best evidence - a secret recording in which Moreno seemingly admits to the rape, he said.

"I think they accepted it for what it was," Tacopina said. "He said on that tape 24 times that he did not have sex with that woman."

Manhattan District Attorney

Cyrus Vance

said that while he respects the jury's verdict, "the defendants' actions that night not only violated the law, they violated the victim's rights, and the public's trust."

The verdict came after seven days of deliberations - and capped a six-week trial in which prosecutor
Coleen Balbert

said Moreno sexually assaulted the woman while Mata stood watch.

Both officers looked stunned when the verdict was announced at 10:45 a.m. and their families began weeping tears of joy.

Moreno and Mata also skated on three second-degree burglary counts for taking the woman's keys and returning to her apartment three times.

Both cops were found guilty of official misconduct - misdemeanor charges that could send them to jail for up to two years when they are sentenced June 28 - for going back to her apartment without telling their superiors.

Moreno, 43, and Mata, 29, remain suspended pending a police department review that will take place soon.

"There were very serious charges raised during this trial, and now that it's over they can be addressed by the Police Department's strict review,"
Mayor Bloomberg

said.

During the trial, Balbert said Moreno and Mata "disgraced their profession" by taking advantage of a woman who was drunk and vomiting when they encountered her.

"These two were supposed to be
New York City

's Finest, but on Dec. 7, 2008, they were New York City's worst," she fumed.

Balbert ridiculed Moreno's claims that the almost completely naked woman tried to seduce him - and that he just spooned with her while dressed in his uniform. She was especially galled by Moreno's cringe-worthy insistence that he doesn't "kiss and tell."

Tacopina and Mata's lawyer,
Edward Mandery

called the accuser a gold digger who is suing the city for $57 million.

They said the fashion executive was too bombed to remember what really happened - and that there is no DNA backing her claim that she "woke up to being penetrated from behind."

With Jose Martinez

mgrace@nydailynews.com
VIDEO
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ta_cleared_of_rape_charges.html#ixzz1NU51m100

blackmarket

Saving all my fucks for retirement
BGOL Investor
Re: (((BREAKING NEWS FOR NYC ONLY-NYPD Officers Kenneth Moreno/ Franklin Mata cleared

Who forsaw any other outcome? Cops dont get convicted or go to jail as long as they tow that blue line. When shit really hits the fan and the resources for social services are depleted, you're gonna see a lot of em catching well deserved bad ones.
God I cant wait to leave the NYC area

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
Re: (((BREAKING NEWS FOR NYC ONLY-NYPD Officers Kenneth Moreno/ Franklin Mata cleared

Who forsaw any other outcome? Cops dont get convicted or go to jail as long as they tow that blue line. When shit really hits the fan and the resources for social services are depleted, you're gonna see a lot of em catching well deserved bad ones.
God I cant wait to leave the NYC area

c/s everything except the bold
the cops and the politicians are the ones that need to leave

aldoogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

saw dean meminger report this earler. wish I could say I was surprised at the out come.

kinglickk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

not surprised - only a clean witness could have made a difference.

AOD

Star
Registered

Culture-of-corruption_Victorina.jpg
:smh::smh::smh:

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend

Those low-down dogs walk???:smh::smh::smh:

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member

When's the last time a cop in NY got charged for anything man? :smh:

Ruff Ryder

Robotix
Registered

A doggy style rape?, GTFO.

She was drunk off her ass and gave up the pussy then cried rape.

They were wrong for fucking around with her but I don't buy the rape shit.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I honestly thought the tape recording of him saying he wore a condom was gonna sink the older cop.... Always thought the other one would get off.

Now....if they get their jobs back, that will be even more fucked up, cause conviction or not, they have already admitted to doing all kinds of shit they shouldn't have been doing, and lying about it. Mufucka made a fake 911 call so they could go back to the chick's crib. :smh:

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

if they arent guilty then why are they being fired?

Last edited:

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They admitted going back to her apartment like 4 times during their shift.... The younger cop said that he recognized the older cop's voice on the 911 tape that got them sent back one of the times. The older cop admitted to laying down in the chick's bed and spooning with her (while he's on duty)...the younger cop admitted to sleeping on the chick's couch while his partner was in her room...while on duty; etc etc etc

if they arent guilty then why are they being fired?

KLEPTO

Star
Registered

there is no god

Rick Ronson

Banned

You aint know?

Officer friendly can rape and kill :yes:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

I wonder how Beatdown feels about this....:hmm:

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

I wonder how Beatdown feels about this....:hmm:

Ain't motherfuckas I work with so fuck em... where I'm at we bout our money and nothing else.

bigred22

Star
Registered

Ain't motherfuckas I work with so fuck em... where I'm at we bout our money and nothing else.

We already know that. You could care less about the community or the people in the communities that your paid that money to protect and serve. Fuck'n pig!

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

We already know that. You could care less about the community or the people in it that your paid that money to protect and serve. Fuck'n pig!

Hey bitch we don't work in the "community" we work in transportation facilities... you gang banging bitch nigga fuck off.

And tax payers don't pay our salaries... bitch..... one of the few if only agency where tax payers ain't got shit to do with us.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

BDR you always defending cops and their actions at least you fell back from this bullshit :smh:

cops can do damn near anything in NYC now and get off....:angry:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor

Not surprised.

bigred22

Star
Registered

So if you worked with them, you would be cool with everything?
:confused:

Yeah he would because he condones police mis-conduct and thinks the shit is cool..............Example: His screen name, a pig called "Beatdown Records". He's proud of it, the badge and computer makes him a tough guy

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

BDR you always defending cops and their actions at least you fell back from this bullshit :smh:

cops can do damn near anything in NYC now and get off....:angry:

Those niggas fucked up even going to the bitch house while working... 3 times.. then lying about the shit.... charged their asses with burglary... niggas had a key and everything. :smh:

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Yeah he would because he condones police mis-conduct and thinks the shit is cool..............Example: His screen name, a pig called "Beatdown Records". He's proud of it, the badge and computer makes him a tough guy

How bout you tell niggas about your gang banging ways? how your a poison to your own community? how your a worthless piece of shit not worthy of function in a civilized society.... FUCK OFF FAGGIT.

bigred22

Star
Registered

Hey bitch we don't work in the "community" we work in transportation facilities... you gang banging bitch nigga fuck off.

And tax payers don't pay our salaries... bitch..... one of the few if only agency where tax payers ain't got shit to do with us.

Oh......So your a security guard at a junkyard:lol: Nigga we thought you was the police:lol:

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Oh......So your a security guard at a junkyard:lol: Nigga we thought you was the police:lol:

your ignorance is telling.

bigred22

Star
Registered

your ignorance is telling.

Oh yeah, and your just a fuck'n scholar. You brag about violating folks rights and you brag about famous street niggas you pretend to know, but now all of a sudden your a scholarly saint:lol::lol: GTFOH with that bullshit coon nigga

blackmarket

Saving all my fucks for retirement
BGOL Investor

And do we really need dna evidence to convict when we have the officer on tape saying he wore a condom, and they went back repeatedly to the apartment to "spoon and reassure the woman and kiss her on her forehead"

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Oh yeah, and your just a fuck'n scholar. You brag about violating folks rights and you brag about famous street niggas you pretend to know, but now all of a sudden your a scholarly saint:lol::lol: GTFOH with that bullshit coon nigga

you mad? you still a piece of shit... you need to go the way of your father Tookie. All ya'll some bitch niggas that deserve to be gassed.