BREAKING: INVASION HAS BEGUN..... Putin's "3-day war"... NOW... 1 YEAR 338 DAYS ...WAGNER HEAD SAYS GROUP STANDING DOWN AFTER CLAIMS OF DEAL

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:smh:

All of the night vision and other tech has been sold off to pay for things like this. Shoigu's mansion

560B4D10-4ADA-403A-BA01-9E02AA174BC1_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why is there a Ukrainian flag near what is supposedly Shoigu's mansion?

:lol:

This is all from 2015 so I am sure somebody found it hilarious to have what looks like a tarp in those colors given what happened in 2014.

The home was technically in the name of his daughter who was 18 at the time. They do a pretty good job of summarizing what was found:

The home is essentially an homage to Tuvan culture/architecture so you can tell he gave no fucks about the optics and potential fall out over him owning it. :lol:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Weapons firm says it can't meet soaring demand for artillery shells because a TikTok data center is eating all the electricity

AA17raEx.img

The demand for artillery rounds, like those manufactured by Nammo, has increased because of the war in Ukraine.

• An arms manufacturer said that TikTok's data center is using all the electricity in the region.
  • As a result, the company said that it cannot keep up with the surging demand for artillery rounds.
  • The CEO told the FT that the company's growth is being "challenged by the storage of cat videos."
A Norwegian arms manufacturer said that a TikTok data center is eating all the electricity in the region, meaning that the company cannot keep up with the surging global demand for ammunition.

Experts are increasingly commenting on the massive demands of big tech companies, and how energy usage by their data centers is causing issues for other industries.

"We are concerned because we see our future growth is challenged by the storage of cat videos," Morten Brandtzæg, the CEO of Nammo, said in an interview with the Financial Times.

Brandtzæg said that the demand for artillery rounds was 15 times higher than normal — a trend driven by the war in Ukraine, which has featured heavy artillery use.

Ukraine, for instance, would like to increase its daily usage of rounds from 6,000 to 65,000, he said.

Insider couldn't immediately establish whether Nammo shells are being used in Ukraine — its customer base, as described in a 2021 annual report, is overwhelmingly EU and NATO states, which have been making mass donations to Ukraine since Russia invaded.

However, in the area of Norway where Nammo operates, its defense work gets no priority over any other users of electricity.

Power is provided on a first-come, first-served basis, according to Elvia, the energy provider in the Raufoss region of Norway — an area around 120km north of Oslo.

The energy company told the FT that it has no spare capacity for Nammo to hike its output as it has already been promised to TikTok. A spokesperson told the FT that if Nammo does order more capacity, it will "take time" before that can be achieved because the network needs to be "strengthened."

Brandtzæg said that he had considered whether it was a coincidence that Chinese-owned TikTok was impeding the expansion of an arms company.

"I will not rule out that it's not by pure coincidence that this activity is close to a defence company," he said. "I can't rule it out."

Insider has reached out to TikTok for comment.

"Critical industry must have access to energy," said Brandtzæg. "I don't think it's one-off, I think it's a trend for the future."

TikTok and other tech giants have faced criticism for their energy use. Back in July, a report from the FT found that the electricity use of large companies — including Microsoft, Oracle, LG, Huawei, Amazon, and Dell — was making it harder to build more homes in London. Due to the electricity grid running out of capacity, the report stated that the capital could face a ban on new housing projects until 2035.

An earlier report from 2019 by EirGrid, Ireland's electrical grid operator, found similar conclusions for Ireland, which is a popular base for global companies' European data centers.

It found that data centers can often require the "same amount of energy as a large town," and could account for "29% of electricity demand in Ireland by 2028."

TikTok's presence in Norway is unlikely to diminish, given the company's recent announcement that it wants to achieve carbon net-zero by 2030.

The country has a surplus of renewable energy — mostly hydropower — and is a popular destination for data centers due to cold temperatures which reduce the requirement to use power to cool down the computers.

TikTok also has plans to build what it says will be the largest data center campus in Norway by November 2023.

Weapons firm says it can't meet soaring demand for artillery shells because a TikTok data center is eating all the electricity (msn.com)

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Surprised the freethinkers here haven't started a whole thread on these "conspiracy rings" and how they coincide with assorted bullshit as confirmed by their social media "research" ... :smh:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Noooooooooo. You don't say? :idea:

This new candidness couldn't possibly be related to the now daily videos like this

We have gone from sanctions are a declaration of war that only hurt the countries imposing them to this:

Putin admits sanctions could hurt Russia’s economy

President Vladimir Putin has conceded that Western sanctions designed to starve the Kremlin of funds for its invasion of Ukraine could deal a blow to Russia’s economy.

“The illegitimate restrictions imposed on the Russian economy may indeed have a negative impact on it in the medium term,” Putin said in televised remarks Wednesday reported by state news agency TASS.

It is a rare admission by the Russian leader, who has repeatedly insisted that Russia’s economy remains resilient and that sanctions have hurt Western countries by driving up inflation and energy prices.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

I will highlight the most interesting points of our talk. These are not to be mistaken as my views, just what I heard:

1) Almost all conflicts advance the most during winter. Summer is often a period of "nothing." The next few months will be a big fat "0" despite billions spent

2) Both Russia & Ukraine have done as much as they really can do. So, a perpetual standstill will likely be the case for the foreseeable future.

3) No side will stop, despite a standstill, so this will be the longest war in the history of the world. This could be war forever.

4) This war will be the most expensive on record.

5) Our council is in charge of helping companies and organizations in Spain to take full advantage of the opportunities that come from perpetual war.

6) There is a council in every major country in the world doing the same.

7) War forever is a good thing.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I will highlight the most interesting points of our talk. These are not to be mistaken as my views, just what I heard:

1) Almost all conflicts advance the most during winter. Summer is often a period of "nothing." The next few months will be a big fat "0" despite billions spent

2) Both Russia & Ukraine have done as much as they really can do. So, a perpetual standstill will likely be the case for the foreseeable future.

3) No side will stop, despite a standstill, so this will be the longest war in the history of the world. This could be war forever.

4) This war will be the most expensive on record.

5) Our council is in charge of helping companies and organizations in Spain to take full advantage of the opportunities that come from perpetual war.

6) There is a council in every major country in the world doing the same.

7) War forever is a good thing.

I don’t know if I believe that. All of the counteroffensive efforts to take back a big chunk of what the Russians illegally annexed happened at the end of the summer (last August) so I don’t know why that wouldn't happen again provided that’s around the time Ukraine will get the bulk of their new weapons i.e the Abrams. Guess We’ll see.

Last edited:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

There was a massive leak of Russian security documents and curiously none of the usual "freethinking" conspiracy obsessed individuals seemed to notice:

Secret trove offers rare look into Russian cyberwar ambitions

More than 5,000 pages of documents from a Moscow-based contractor offer unusual glimpses into planning and training for security services, including the notorious hacking group Sandworm

Russian intelligence agencies worked with a Moscow-based defense contractor to strengthen their ability to launch cyberattacks, sow disinformation and surveil sections of the internet, according to thousands of pages of confidential corporate documents.

The documents detail a suite of computer programs and databases that would allow Russia’s intelligence agencies and hacking groups to better find vulnerabilities, coordinate attacks and control online activity. The documents suggest the firm was supporting operations including both social media disinformation and training to remotely disrupt real-world targets, such as sea, air and rail control systems.

An anonymous person provided the documents from the contractor, NTC Vulkan, to a German reporter after expressing outrage about Russia’s attack on Ukraine. The leak, an unusual occurrence for Russia’s secretive military industrial complex, demonstrates another unintended consequence of President Vladimir Putin’s decision to take his country to war.