Blackberry Pearl, Pearl 2, & Curve Users - I Got The Hook-Up For You!

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
so how do i change the color now? sorry to sound like an idiot. where do i put the installed file?

You download the application to your Blackberry, and it should ask you if you want to install it.

After you install it, you may or may not need to restart (I forget).

Then go to Options/Settings > Blingball Options.
and you can select the preset colors (there's about 8), or blend your own custom colors, or use the DISCO OPTION although it makes you ball blink like fucking crazy with all kinds of colors like the immigrant Asian people like. :lol:

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good looking on the firm ware. I went a step further and installed v4.5.0.77. I'm running on Alltel. The update allowed me so send and receive SMS texts, which the latest ALLTEL firmware has yet to implement. I'm loving this. I still have yet to install the "LED" app. Good looking Heist

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
No worries.

Alltel doesn't have send and receive SMS Text?

WTF?! :angry:

They must be back in the 90's or some shit ....

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No worries.

Alltel doesn't have send and receive SMS Text?

WTF?! :angry:

They must be back in the 90's or some shit ....

Sorry man, I was thinking MMS and type SMS. Yeah MMS is supposed to implemented during the next firmware update. Great for me I found your thread . :dance:

BTW I have a 8130, I installed the "Blingball" app, I chose the color I wanted, and nothing changed. Does my 8130 even have multiple LED's, or is it just the 8100?

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
That program is only for the 8100.

I think they realized they had no need to use them for the Pearl 2 and did away with them, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That program is only for the 8100.

I think they realized they had no need to use them for the Pearl 2 and did away with them, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Yeah man, I just opened up my 8130... No additional LED's just the white one:smh: Oh well at least I can send pics and vids now....:yes:

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
My brother used his Curve and his has been working just fine. You do know that after you upload a new O/S, the following happens:

(1) Your Blackberry runs a little sluggish for about 20 minutes as it sorts through the new applications and embeds the new O/S.

(2) You may have to reformat your media card (if installed).

(3) You'll probably have to upgrade your Desktop Manager if it's too old (4.2 or lower).

I never came back to report. My bad. I eventually tried again and it did work just fine. Preciate it. My curve does hang from time to time w/the lil circular icon like its updating or something but i dont think thats the os.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
I never came back to report. My bad. I eventually tried again and it did work just fine. Preciate it. My curve does hang from time to time w/the lil circular icon like its updating or something but i dont think thats the os.

(1) If you have a media card installed, pull it out, pull the battery - restart the BB, then put the media card back in.

For some reason, the media card makes it hang up a little if the new O/S was installed without it being removed.

(2) Check to see how many applications have open in the background and shut them down. Just because you "back out" of an application doesn't mean it's closed. It can still be running int he back ground sucking up resources.