Blackberry Pearl, Pearl 2, & Curve Users - I Got The Hook-Up For You!

I.F. UCKEDYABITCH

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can Anyone Guide Me Through This. Im New To The Bb Family.
1-i Should Download The Exe For The 8320 Firmware
2-i Already Have Media Manager.
3-connect My Phone,
4- Upload Exe
5-be Pissed For 20-30 Minutes.

big_lou

Support BGOL
Registered
Been running .81 on my 8330 for about a month now.. works really nicely and the browser has been tweaked to the point that I can almost use it full time on the commute to work...

BlackSamurai

Potential Star
Registered
I've got the 8110. Saw the OS for every version of the phone BUT mine, so I think I'll hold off for now unless someone can tell me whether or not I should do this.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
I've got the 8110. Saw the OS for every version of the phone BUT mine, so I think I'll hold off for now unless someone can tell me whether or not I should do this.

The 8110 is the Pearl 2.
Don't be fooled by the sub-model number. It's just given to identify what carrier it's native to.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Can Anyone Guide Me Through This. Im New To The Bb Family.
1-i Should Download The Exe For The 8320 Firmware
2-i Already Have Media Manager.
3-connect My Phone,
4- Upload Exe
5-be Pissed For 20-30 Minutes.

Yes. Connect your phone BUT DO NOT start the desktop manager. Execute the .exe file and wait about 20 minutes for the full reflash and reboot.

You BB will run like shit for the first 10-20 minutes as well while everything gets re-settled in your BB.

But after this, it should be smooth sailing.

It's worth upgrade and wait to me quite honestly.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Thanks. Doesn't tell me which one I should grab, though . . . does it matter?

And that Desktop Manager link doesn't work.

8110, 8120, 8130 are all the BB Pearl 2.

You have to click on the drop down tab to get the Desktop Manager.
If it's not there, just go to RIM's website and get it there.

Lady-Wiz

Star
Super Moderator
Is anyone else having problems with DTM 4.6 not syncing?:confused:
It keeps telling me I need to connect to the internet:hmm:

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Sounds like a slighlty corrupted install.
Wipe it clean with Add/Remove, then re-install it.

blackmouth

Star
Registered
Yes. Connect your phone BUT DO NOT start the desktop manager. Execute the .exe file and wait about 20 minutes for the full reflash and reboot.

You BB will run like shit for the first 10-20 minutes as well while everything gets re-settled in your BB.

But after this, it should be smooth sailing.

It's worth upgrade and wait to me quite honestly.

heist, does this "upgrade" apply across the board on ANY carrier?

i have at&t and my girl has sprint; we both have bb curves.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
^^^Yes, firmware is firmware. You may loose gimmicky shit like T-mob fav 5 icons on the home screen, but so what.

Just be sure to remove the Vendor.xml file from you Blackberry Folder first before running the install.

It's very very simple.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

delete vendor.xml file.

I.F. UCKEDYABITCH

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^Yes, firmware is firmware. You may loose gimmicky shit like T-mob fav 5 icons on the home screen, but so what.

Just be sure to remove the Vendor.xml file from you Blackberry Folder first before running the install.

It's very very simple.

delete vendor.xml file.

I JUST GOT MY 8320 CURVE 2 WEEKS AGO. I MEEDIATELY HEARD OF THESE UPGRADES AND STARTED MY SEARCH. I WAS COMING UP EMPTY AND HAD GIVEN UP MY SEARCH UNTIL I FOUND SOMEONE THAT COULD HELP. TODAY I LOGGED ON TO BGOL AND AS USUAL, I NEED NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER. THANK YOU BROTHER HEIST.:dance:

I.F. UCKEDYABITCH

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This Worked Perfectly For Me. No Hiccups At All Through The Whole Process. Heists Directions Are Extremely On Point, You Have To Follow Them Correctly Though.

yo Heist Quick Question. Im Having Troubles Watching Youtube Vidz, I Keep Getting Different Error Messages. Am I Missing Something?

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
this did nothing for my other blackberry (8100) except change the appearance. no video or nothing. it took down the myfaves off of the pearl but it didn't do it on my curve.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member

It's very very simple.

delete vendor.xml file.

ya didn't say this before.....

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
I just checked the links - they're all still working.

you have to click on the .version below your model number and then click option (2) on the File Factory website.

Last edited:

Nappy_LMT

Star
Registered
worked flawless for me..
i did wipe my current os with JL_cmdr b4 before installing tho. (backed up of course)
desktop manager v4.6
phone = much improved
edit: jus do a restore after new os is installed to bring back previous settings and ya phone book and every thing else

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
^^^You shouldn't need to do a restore. The phone should automatically hard reset and the settings should mostly be back maybe with the exception of a font change.

I.F. UCKEDYABITCH

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^You shouldn't need to do a restore. The phone should automatically hard reset and the settings should mostly be back maybe with the exception of a font change.

IT DID FOR MINE. THE ONLY THINGS MISSING WERE THE DATE APPT I G=HAD MADE, I KEEP A BACK-UP PAPER COPY SO I JUST PUT THEM BACKON MY CALENDER/NOTES/TASKS. MY PHONE HASNT EVEN GLITCHED! THIS WAS A FLAWLESS PROCEDURE FOR ME.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
9-18 UPDATE:

Here's the COLOR PEARL application, so you can change the color of your Pearl from White to Red, Blue, Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, etc...

WARNING: This is for the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 with 4.5 OS only
http://www.troybrownpc.com/blingball.jad

In case you didn't know, there's 4 colored LED's under the Pearl. Why Blackberry doesn't use these for shit - I don't know. :angry: I would love to have the Pearl flash RED when a call or Message comes in.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
how do I install the color update for my LED?

The LEDs are already in the phone. I don't know why, but RIM disable them.

Below the pearl, there's a Red, White, Yellow, and Blue one.

But the Color Pearl update only works AFTER you install the new Firmware.

There's another one out there on the web if you didn't install the update.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
The LEDs are already in the phone. I don't know why, but RIM disable them.

Below the pearl, there's a Red, White, Yellow, and Blue one.

But the Color Pearl update only works AFTER you install the new Firmware.

There's another one out there on the web if you didn't install the update.

so how do i change the color now? sorry to sound like an idiot. where do i put the installed file?