Black women VS Black men

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Do black women have an underlying hostility, anger, abandonment issues, or resentment towards Black men.

Why are many black women eager to buy into media fueled stereotypes, and character assassination, of black men.

Is it the seemingly cultural Verbiage from the black man, and the readiness with which it is used, bitches, bitch, hoe, hoes . . . that over the years grows resentment?

I remember in a documentary this woman said Hip Hop was like a verbally abusive boyfriend.

Or is it the spread of strong visual objectification of black women and your bodies.

Is it insidious division of the most powerful union on earth, the black man and the black woman.

Just sellout Aunt Tomasina women, or just bitter reaction from scorned individuals who should just figure it out, " He's was/is just not that into you. "

Whatever it is, what can be done to improve it.

DaleMabry

Star
Registered
Black women have a loooootta daddy issues too, I find.

Being good dads would go a long way towards fixing shit.

demere

Potential Star
BGOL Investor

This is true. Also, a lot of black men have momma issues too. I have heard so many negative things said about black women (some positive too) since I've been on BGOL I'm amazed.

Things won't get better until we figure out that we are playing into very principles Willie Lynch wrote about. We are not each others enemy. I have a lot of male friends, and some of them treat me like a sister. I appreciate that, I do my best to look out for them any way I can.

Thats the way it should be between us. We are both caught up in the struggle, Lets help each other out, instead of just trying to get ahead on your own, and put the other down.

SEXY_SCORPIO

So pretty!
BGOL Investor
Did you have good uncles or older brothers or cousins around? That helps.

Yes,I did.But my father actually is around me sometimes. I just wish he would leave completely instead of calling me when he feels like it.He has made many promises he didnt keep

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor

I agree 100%.

Sadly people seem to pass down generational bitterness.

I had a good dad. Our relationship was by no means perfect, but that was my old man. I was his only natural child and that made us really close despite our differences (we had our share and being both stubborn and opinionated it was bad sometimes). He told me once that I was all he really had worth anything in this world. Its almost indescribable to know that someone loves you that much.

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
Did you have good uncles or older brothers or cousins around? That helps.

Yeah I got heaps of them and they do help alot.
I actually look at it like a blessing now cause I have dozens of dads instead of just one.

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
I had (and still have) a great father around who helped me with my studies on a weekly basis, and was there at assemblies and many other performances of mine throughout my early years. I don't find myself having "daddy" issues, but I do find myself attracted to men like my father - i.e., intelligent and willing to help out others, sense of humor, etc.

As the question goes, I find myself having no hostility towards black men or what some black men represent...I realize that only a subset of black men may be into thuggery and representing ALL OF US in a bad light. I do get upset, however, walking around North Carolina and seeing all of these "zebras - white women, black men" relationships. I know it's the south, and what that may men for MANY of these black men: whiter is better to some of them, and that's what they go to...I get mad when it's an UGLY white chick especially...lol

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
Are you serious?

Do you even listen to rap music?

How about the thousands of women hating posts right here on BGOL?

If we hate, we're only giving back what we're getting.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had (and still have) a great father around who helped me with my studies on a weekly basis, and was there at assemblies and many other performances of mine throughout my early years. I don't find myself having "daddy" issues, but I do find myself attracted to men like my father - i.e., intelligent and willing to help out others, sense of humor, etc.

As the question goes, I find myself having no hostility towards black men or what some black men represent...I realize that only a subset of black men may be into thuggery and representing ALL OF US in a bad light. I do get upset, however, walking around North Carolina and seeing all of these "zebras - white women, black men" relationships. I know it's the south, and what that may men for MANY of these black men: whiter is better to some of them, and that's what they go to...I get mad when it's an UGLY white chick especially...lol

Ohh you from Charlotte??? Thats whats up, I dont think Charlottes represented on here, just me and you I think, anyway, Femme Im really disappointed with what you just said. You of all people should know since you live in the A, that when ninjas get together and do whatever we talk a certain way, that doesnt mean thats what we feel in our hearts. Rap isnt any different, were making music basically talking to each other. Some women are bitches and hoes and some dudes are aint shit ninjas. Taking that shit out on the whole crop is silly and self defeating.

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
OH GIMME A BREAK.

There is power in words hon.

Ohh you from Charlotte??? Thats whats up, I dont think Charlottes represented on here, just me and you I think, anyway, Femme Im really disappointed with what you just said. You of all people should know since you live in the A, that when ninjas get together and do whatever we talk a certain way, that doesnt mean thats what we feel in our hearts. Rap isnt any different, were making music basically talking to each other. Some women are bitches and hoes and some dudes are aint shit ninjas. Taking that shit out on the whole crop is silly and self defeating.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OH GIMME A BREAK.

True indeed, but words only have as much power as you give them. A bitch ninja talking tough is still a bitch right, no matter what he says. I wholeheartedly agree that black women arent portrayed well in the music industry, but how many of those women represent you??? Some females are bitches and hoes, if thats all a man sees then how can you expect him to view all other women any other way??? Why is that all he sees though??? Some of the accountability has to fall on you alls shoulders. Yeah we as men fuck up and Im sure thats why a negative connotation is associated with us, you know all men arent bad, so why do you feel justified in buying into those stigmas just because some closeminded ninjas that dont know any better do it???

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
And what then happens when bitch ninjas breed more bitch ninjas? We become infested with them like roaches. And it becomes an unhealthy environment. You spend your entire life swatting them away just to survive.

True indeed, but words only have as much power as you give them. A bitch ninja talking tough is still a bitch right, no matter what he says. I wholeheartedly agree that black women arent portrayed well in the music industry, but how many of those women represent you??? Some females are bitches and hoes, if thats all a man sees then how can you expect him to view all other women any other way??? Why is that all he sees though??? Some of the accountability has to fall on you alls shoulders. Yeah we as men fuck up and Im sure thats why a negative connotation is associated with us, you know all men arent bad, so why do you feel justified in buying into those stigmas just because some closeminded ninjas that dont know any better do it???

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And what then happens when bitch ninjas breed more bitch ninjas? We become infested with them like roaches. And it becomes an unhealthy environment. You spend your entire life swatting them away just to survive.

Infestations are usually contained within a certain area and only happens under the right conditions, so I ask you Femme, why are you infested with bitch ninjas???

HoneyBerry

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I have a little hostility towards the brothers that I know wasn't there when I was younger. When I was little, the brothers only liked the light skinned girls with European and "exotic" features. Anything else was not good enough. And then those same dudes grow up and want to talk to the 100% black women, and I got real stuck up.

And then there are so many double standards that a lot of black men have for black women: if she gains weight, I'm leaving. Meanwhile, he's got a growing pot belly and love handles. Or she has to get a job and bring in X amount of dollars, but they don't want to be fathers. Not all black men, but a lot have made it hard for us to love you (but we still do with your knuckle heads)

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
OH GIMME A BREAK.

Yes there is. Your point has great merit. I would even say that it is a form of mind control to program this bullshit to the young public.

However black women must be educated on not enabling these bitchified efemenized mysogynistic over sexed coons. Stay out the club and stop dancing to hoochie songs that objectify you:rolleyes:. As long as black women enable these miscreants shit will continue. Black women need to appreciate and support other genres of music like house, club, disco, funk, afrobeat, reggae, samba, jazz, dusties, and progressive hip hop that is either positive and/or non offensive.

Last edited:

DaTakeOver

Potential Star
Registered
This is true. Also, a lot of black men have momma issues too. I have heard so many negative things said about black women (some positive too) since I've been on BGOL I'm amazed.

Things won't get better until we figure out that we are playing into very principles Willie Lynch wrote about. We are not each others enemy. I have a lot of male friends, and some of them treat me like a sister. I appreciate that, I do my best to look out for them any way I can.

Thats the way it should be between us. We are both caught up in the struggle, Lets help each other out, instead of just trying to get ahead on your own, and put the other down.

True words spoken!

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
Why are many black women eager to buy into media fueled stereotypes, and character assassination, of black men.

Because far too many niggas aren't doing anything with their lives and have nothing to offer a sista who is doing something with hers.

I remember in a documentary this woman said Hip Hop was like a verbally abusive boyfriend.

It is.

Whatever it is, what can be done to improve it.

If sistas stop stop making excuses for these worthless niggas, and stop giving up the pussy, then brothas would come around.

PainInDAss

Potential Star
Registered
He told me once that I was all he really had worth anything in this world. Its almost indescribable to know that someone loves you that much.

wow, that's really beautiful, I can't wait to have a daughter so I can say that to her. well, say it and actually mean it.

Let the buyer beware should not apply to everything in life. Do you choose to buy into bullshit or do u bounce out when u see it.

A lot of people are seduced by the flash and glamor rather the true substance of the person they get involved with. Often times just being honest with yourself or taking the time to analyze the actions of the person you get involved with can save you a lot of stress.

If people would learn to leave the negativity behind and stop holding everyone accountable for the actions of those before them then maybe it would be easier to have decent relationships.

:dunno: Just my $0.02

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
Let the buyer beware should not apply to everything in life. Do you choose to buy into bullshit or do u bounce out when u see it.

A lot of people are seduced by the flash and glamor rather the true substance of the person they get involved with. Often times just being honest with yourself or taking the time to analyze the actions of the person you get involved with can save you a lot of stress.

If people would learn to leave the negativity behind and stop holding everyone accountable for the actions of those before them then maybe it would be easier to have decent relationships.

:dunno: Just my $0.02

he spoketh the truth.....

Pussy Krook

Star
Registered
BGOL is where dudes come to vent so of course there will be a lot of hostility not to mention the many trolls that come just to start shit. You ladies would be the same way if this was a female domintated board just look at Lipstick Alley. Please don't use BGOL as an example of how all of us men act.

As far as rap music you can't take what a bunch of young cats emulating what their favorite rappers say seriously. All of us in here use to listen and recite the same kind of lyrics but we eventually grow up.

As far as black men vs black women I think we have a lot of pride and it hurts to see one of our own step outside the race. The problem is when some do they try to tear black folks down to justify their actions. That causes a lot of anomosity.

BS2011

Star
Registered
Do black women have an underlying hostility, anger, abandonment issues, or resentment towards Black men.

Just look around. Black women have more than enough reasons to be a little hostile toward black men. What black men need to do is man the fuck up and stop acting like they're the ones that are the victims and that black women don't have more than enough reason to be pissed off/disappointed in them.

BS2011

Star
Registered
Are you serious?

Do you even listen to rap music?

How about the thousands of women hating posts right here on BGOL?

If we hate, we're only giving back what we're getting.

Agreed. Black women are treated like shit by alot of these black "men". Black men has made the word "bitch" and "hoe" a substitute for "black woman". The only set of people that strip their women of their identities.

harlem1nyc

Star
Registered
Most Blk wmn do not know how to respect a man and also don't know how to identify a man. They believe all black men are boys. This comes from bad parenting all the way around. Regardless of how bad women appear to be, it is my moms home training that assists me in wading through the bullshit to find a diamond in the rough.....Parenting is about providing the blueprint to success.....