Black Star Power: All Sports Edition (Styles P Approved)

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I learned this over a decade ago from a board member I personally recruited to BGOL!

He said whenever you hear a non-black commentator say "natural ability" or "GOD given talent," it's to be slick in slighting the black athlete on having to mentally visualize the moves in one's head before they display it in said sport.

There is an elevated intellectual capacity to that.

To tell you the truth, I am still surprised since the first time I heard a white sports commentator refer to LeBron as having a high basketball IQ. I take it his talent was just that undeniable that one would appear foolish to not publicly acknowledge it.

OP, phenomenal drop in my opinion.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Real spill.

It's hard for them to admit the genius behind the game play.

It's always your athletic or just natural like it takes no thought you just have to be born with the right genetics then anybody can do it.

And even if it is natural this doesn't take away from the fact that it still skill.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Real spill.

It's hard for them to admit the genius behind the game play.

It's always your athletic or just natural like it takes no thought you just have to be born with the right genetics then anybody can do it.

And even if it is natural this doesn't take away from the fact that it still skill.

Right on, well said bruh!!