Black Men & Stress: Have you ever had a horrible run of BAD LUCK & How did u deal?

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
My stress levels go up when I am being gay stalked by various groups. It has gone down somwhat being semi retired.

They use Youtube to send their loser/gay threats which they would have done on the job, I just get angry and want to use violence but suppress their urges. I just want to do frontal lobe damage when some weak punk tries to impose his gay/loser beliefs on me.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
All good things come to an end, right? Well it seems that way... and if this ends I'm done with this love shit and that's on God...

So here I am bragging about this woman, introducing her to my close friends group, making moves and planning with her as if she's my wife. I even got her a ring (2.28 CT oval diamond in a Tiffany setting) and was ready to make it permanent and give her my last name.

Imagine my surprise when a couple weeks ago she hits me with that good ole "we need to talk" line. I'm completely blindsided by the conversation. I've been honest about my situation here and with her, and she did pull me up from a tough spot. I moved in with her from living in a hotel, and we've been rocking together for the better part of a year. She tells me that here recently she's grown resentment towards me because she feels as if she's taken on a lot of responsibility with me and my kids.

I'm completely shocked by this statement.

It's not like I just moved in and was some bum... I contribute and pay my share of everything. Rent is paid equitably, as in we both contribute 25% of our monthly take home towards it. We take turns buying groceries for the entire household, gas for her car since i drive it on weekends, and date nights. Everything seemed like a well oiled machine and one helluva partnership. So again, imagine my surprise in this conversation and her feeling this way.

I ask her what's needed to fix this, get her back to normal, and this relationship back on track. Of course she doesn't know, she knows it's something, but can't verbalize it. I press her because to me, if we leave the discussion with no measurables to work towards every issue she had will come back up in a week or 2 and we'll be back to square one. I listen to what her biggest complaints were along with the resentment thing and try to work on them. I skip out on the gym a bit, spend more time with her, attempt to squeeze in more date nights, etc. I know that, in my head, based on what she said this is fixable and we can definitely continue to move forward. So even without the things laid out as far as what's to be done, I feel these are things that address some of the issues she has based on just listening to her and trying to read between the lines.

Guys, guess what happened 2 weeks later? THE SAME FCKN ISSUE COMES BACK UP!!!

at this point I'm confused and I tell her flat out I'm at a standstill with my life because of her. There are things I want to do but can't because I don't know what's next with US. I mention how I don't have any issues with her or the relationship, how this is stuff she has to work thru, and I'm willing to help and change and work on myself if that's what I have to do to make things better for her. So she brings up the romance is gone thing and says that with us moving so quickly into marriage mode she feels it never truly developed as it should have. She then says that she's having a hard time balancing being in my kids lives, having a relationship with them and having the romantic relationship with me. I squash that IMMEDIATELY. First off my kids are older (17 and 13 this year) and they love her to pieces. In my head I'm like "OK spider you were right, turn on the charm and remain consistent with everything else will fall into place... CRISIS AVERTED."

Then comes the bomb. After some other things are said she pretty much tells me that the best way, in her opinion, to save the relationship and to bring the romance back is for us to live separately again... me in my place, her in her place... and we see each other however many times we see each other during the week and on weekends.

Y'all, I'm not doing that. If I leave this home with her this relationship is done. We either figure this shit out together or never talk to me again.

And before anyone says it or asks, I told her once that this conversation seemed out of character for her and that someone has gotten in her ear... it was too out of the blue a conversation and way of thinking for her to just feel all at once. When shit is too random there's always a 3rd party involved.
Thanks for sharing bro. I know that can be tough to do on here at times. Based on what you shared, it sounds like she has already checked out/no longer wants or sees a future with you, or doesn't want to deal with the responsibility of your children.

Having a responsible man in the house is huge for a woman with all the tangible (and intangible) help that comes with that. Wanting to be by herself without you there and continuing to date separately is not progress. I respect you for being willing to adjust and fight for your interests but contrary to what many men on here believe in terms of vetting women up front and choosing the "right" woman that won't do this type of shit, they can wake up one day and simply feel differently about you/the relationship, and leave/divorce you with nothing you can do about it.

Regardless of how she got where she is now, she is there... and as you stated was out of the blue. You've made efforts to step it up, and that led to her wanting to live separately. Y'all are on two different pages and while you want togetherness, she wants space.

I hope things work out for you with whatever outcome you are looking for here. My spidey-sense is telling me that you should financially and mentally start preparing to be without her in the event your efforts fail. If that is the case, I know it won't be easy.

When I was going through my crazy situation, I saw a video that reminded me that whether you are in your highest high or lowest low, this too shall pass. Remember that.

Peace bro. Hope shit works out in your favor.

Last edited:

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
All good things come to an end, right? Well it seems that way... and if this ends I'm done with this love shit and that's on God...

So here I am bragging about this woman, introducing her to my close friends group, making moves and planning with her as if she's my wife. I even got her a ring (2.28 CT oval diamond in a Tiffany setting) and was ready to make it permanent and give her my last name.

Imagine my surprise when a couple weeks ago she hits me with that good ole "we need to talk" line. I'm completely blindsided by the conversation. I've been honest about my situation here and with her, and she did pull me up from a tough spot. I moved in with her from living in a hotel, and we've been rocking together for the better part of a year. She tells me that here recently she's grown resentment towards me because she feels as if she's taken on a lot of responsibility with me and my kids.

It's not like I just moved in and was some bum... I contribute and pay my share of everything. Rent is paid equitably, as in we both contribute 25% of our monthly take home towards it. We take turns buying groceries for the entire household, gas for her car since i drive it on weekends, and date nights. Everything seemed like a well oiled machine and one helluva partnership. So again, imagine my surprise in this conversation and her feeling this way.

I ask her what's needed to fix this, get her back to normal, and this relationship back on track. Of course she doesn't know, she knows it's something, but can't verbalize it. I press her because to me, if we leave the discussion with no measurables to work towards every issue she had will come back up in a week or 2 and we'll be back to square one. I listen to what her biggest complaints were along with the resentment thing and try to work on them. I skip out on the gym a bit, spend more time with her, attempt to squeeze in more date nights, etc. I know that, in my head, based on what she said this is fixable and we can definitely continue to move forward. So even without the things laid out as far as what's to be done, I feel these are things that address some of the issues she has based on just listening to her and trying to read between the lines.

at this point I'm confused and I tell her flat out I'm at a standstill with my life because of her. There are things I want to do but can't because I don't know what's next with US. I mention how I don't have any issues with her or the relationship, how this is stuff she has to work thru, and I'm willing to help and change and work on myself if that's what I have to do to make things better for her. So she brings up the romance is gone thing and says that with us moving so quickly into marriage mode she feels it never truly developed as it should have. She then says that she's having a hard time balancing being in my kids lives, having a relationship with them and having the romantic relationship with me. I squash that IMMEDIATELY. First off my kids are older (17 and 13 this year) and they love her to pieces. In my head I'm like "OK spider you were right, turn on the charm and remain consistent with everything else will fall into place... CRISIS AVERTED."

Then comes the bomb. After some other things are said she pretty much tells me that the best way, in her opinion, to save the relationship and to bring the romance back is for us to live separately again... me in my place, her in her place... and we see each other however many times we see each other during the week and on weekends.

Y'all, I'm not doing that. If I leave this home with her this relationship is done. We either figure this shit out together or never talk to me again.

And before anyone says it or asks, I told her once that this conversation seemed out of character for her and that someone has gotten in her ear... it was too out of the blue a conversation and way of thinking for her to just feel all at once. When shit is too random there's always a 3rd party involved.
bruh, I thought that yall had been together a lil longer than that ..... :dunno:

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I hope things works out for you.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

She may just have cold feet & ain't ready or scared & unsure of what she want. Trying to hold on to her may make her want out more. If you love her let her go. If she yours she'll be back. If not move on. But Man don't given up on your happiness. Talk to her and find out what's really going on & if it can be resolved, move on with no hard feelings. Keep loving & being lovable you gonna reap what you sow. Blessings bruh, keep your head up.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
bruh, I thought that yall had been together a lil longer than that ..... :dunno:
It's been a year and a month... I'll admit we moved fast to actually going into things, acting as a married couple and all, but it was right... we were both in agreement on everything and it felt right in that moment.

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor

Take this advice if you take nothing else.
DONT EVER TRY TO MAKE, FORCE, COERCE, PERSUADE, ENTICE, CORRAL, OR HANDCUFF anyone
into WANTING, LOVING, CARING, STAYING OR LIVING WITH, you. That is a recipe for resentment in the future.
She seems to have moved on and is either afraid of it, or over it and either way is
satisfied with distancing herself from you and the kids. This separation of living is only the beginning stages of what's next
Plan for the inevitable and move your children and yourself on the the next phase of your lives.
DO NOT LOWER YOUR HEAD OR BE SAD!
People come into all our lives for a REASON a SEASON or a LIFETIME.
Her season and reason has expired and you have too much life left to live.
Learn from this while allowing this door to close so that a new and more appropriate door for you can open.
We only think this is where we belong until we actually land in the right spot and
see that it had to be this way for us finally get to where we ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. If she should return to you
Just know that she is fully capable of destroying you, your children and your future.
The MOST HIGH gives the TEST FIRST and the LESSON LAST !
Life is for the Living …. GO LIVE BRAH !