Black Men Shuckin' & Jivin' For Whitie's Pleasure!! DAMMIT!

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
sleep.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PA7SxfhvjXk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PA7SxfhvjXk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=339ixMtHrVk

Even though the steps are unique & entertaining, I can't help but to ponder the conditions they were forced to perfom this act. What amazes me is that Rappers this very day continue to act out this role under their own discretion without any regards as to how it will affect the image of Blacks. Yes, that shit reflects the race as a whole! :hmm:

P.S. The Daft Punk song went well w/ this vid surprisingly enough.
This performance must have been a precussor to the break-dancing of the 80's.

Slimbig

Potential Star
Registered
Fuck. As long as they stopped hanging us from trees, it looks like we shouldn't even have been given freedom. :smh: :smh:

Leeeeeee

Star
Registered
IEman99 said:
:angry: :angry: :angry:

that was kinda hot though

Them niccas was jammin.......the way I see it they must be shuckin and jivin for me....and I ain't no white man; and if there is a white man who can get into THAT groove, i ain't met the muhfucka.

But then again, i think that the young cats today are shuckin and jivin, but maybe i'm just old.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Slimbig said:
Fuck. As long as they stopped hanging us from trees, it looks like we shouldn't even have been given freedom. :smh: :smh:

WTF are you talking about :hmm:

I call it first...this is a cracka perpetrating

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those that "cooned" in the past didn't have as many options or choices in entertainment

So that should tell you something about the mindset of those that do the same today :smh:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Leroy Soup Nutz said:
lol...y'all some uptight ass niggas...in this clip all I saw were mostly kids enjoying themselves on what looked like a hot summer evening at the park...
that dance looks straight pickaninny and you know it..looks like some shit buckwheat would do :smh:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Now the Daft Punk video...is that the official video or one someone spliced together with the song? Either way that didn't sit to well with me cause in that instance it's clear the dancers were being exploited which was common back then...and even then there's nothing wrong with the dancing itself but the way it was viewed by white folks...and that's not our fault...it's sad when we blame ourselves for white folk's perception of us...

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
geechiedan said:
that dance looks straight pickaninny and you know it..looks like some shit buckwheat would do :smh:

:confused: --- you missed me with that bullshit...your perception is just as fukked up as a racist cracka then...if that's what you saw...I bet if it was some white kids who originated the shit it would've been "classic" good old fashioned fun..."pickaninny"... :lol:

GreedySmurf

Star
Registered
OK, let me be the first to say those brothers killed it! They showed dance skills that were copied by EVERY fucking white entertainer of their time. Were they shucking and jiving to entertain whites? Or were they displaying major talent that would entertain everyone from that time even up until today?

Its very easy for some little 20-30 year old to make stupid ass comments regarding the actions of their elders. You didn't live in those times, you didn't fight the system in those times, and you probably haven't made a mark in YOUR times yet, if you ever will. They did, they prospered, they made YOUR lifestyle possible. They opened doors that have allowed black entertainers today to become Crystal-drinking, rim spinning millionaires.

If you want to hate on some entertainers there's enough "chicken frying, bitch calling, misogynistic, hyper macho" shit being pumped out coming from YOUR generation that you can effect. If you're not doing it, shut the fuck up about the brothers and sisters who made the way for you.

This message is not directed at anyone in particular, just the attitude I detect in this thread. Learn to appreciate the people who fought for you before you were even a nut in your mommas pussy. :hmm:

AgentCreed

Star
Registered
Leroy Soup Nutz said:
lol...y'all some uptight ass niggas...in this clip all I saw were mostly kids enjoying themselves on what looked like a hot summer evening at the park...

just like that song by jibbs "does you chain hang low" ? that was a confirmed coon song remade into a rap song.

kids just werent having fun they were being ignorant lil coons and if they had responsible adults around they woulda got yanked up for the foolishness.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Leroy Soup Nutz said:
Now the Daft Punk video...is that the official video or one someone spliced together with the song? Either way that didn't sit to well with me cause in that instance it's clear the dancers were being exploited which was common back then...and even then there's nothing wrong with the dancing itself but the way it was viewed by white folks...and that's not our fault...it's sad when we blame ourselves for white folk's perception of us...

okay..since you see the chicknoodle soup dance as harmless...

I'll play whitemans(devils) advocate:

How could you say that charleston dance vid was exploitative?? Since we came up with it and could dance the best anyway. I'm sure those dancers got paid and it was understood that blacks invented the dance anyway so why SHOULDN'T they showcase it?

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
geechiedan said:
okay..since you see the chicknoodle soup dance as harmless...

I'll play whitemans(devils) advocate:

How could you say that charleston dance vid was exploitative?? Since we came up with it and could dance the best anyway. I'm sure those dancers got paid and it was understood that blacks invented the dance anyway so why SHOULDN'T they showcase it?

I didn't say the dance was exploitative so read my post again...

Leeeeeee

Star
Registered
At the risk of being misunderstood, that dance is much more difficult than the chicken noodle soup.

Whenever we see old movies; and you have those white folks doing the Charleston, that's just one of those pop culture phenomenon's started by Black folk and copied by white folk.

If you can get past the "coonin": focus on the feet, just the feet throughout the entire clip. Both feet and their syncopation to the music. That shit is physically exhausting and difficult.

I don't care what a person does for the most part, when it is done with perfection, it's ART.

I challenge you to watch it again, focusing on the feet (it's only about of 3 minutes of focusing) and come back and tell me, regardless of your political/social opinion, that them niccas ain't jammin!

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Maddbaron said:
just like that song by jibbs "does you chain hang low" ? that was a confirmed coon song remade into a rap song.

kids just werent having fun they were being ignorant lil coons and if they had responsible adults around they woulda got yanked up for the foolishness.

I never supported that song...and it has nothing to do with kids doing the Chicken Noodle Soup in the park...just because some rap songs are on some coon shit doesn't mean they all are...

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Leroy Soup Nutz said:
I didn't say the dance was exploitative so read my post again...

Either way that didn't sit to well with me cause in that instance it's clear the dancers were being exploited which was common back then

thats what you said...who's being exploited..the dancers who were paid to do it? How were they being exploited because white people were in the audience?

the CNS dance is not reminiscent of that kind of era to you at all?

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Exactly...there is no problem with the dance itself...that shit takes skills...the only problem which is no fault of ours is white folks perception based on watching these performances that all Black folks can dance and that's all we're good at...not our fault...we're supposed to stop dancing altogether?

Leeeeeee said:
At the risk of being misunderstood, that dance is much more difficult than the chicken noodle soup.

Whenever we see old movies; and you have those white folks doing the Charleston, that's just one of those pop culture phenomenon's started by Black folk and copied by white folk.

If you can get past the "coonin": focus on the feet, just the feet throughout the entire clip. Both feet and their syncopation to the music. That shit is physically exhausting and difficult.

I don't care what a person does for the most part, when it is done with perfection, it's ART.

I challenge you to watch it again, focusing on the feet (it's only about of 3 minutes of focusing) and come back and tell me, regardless of your political/social opinion, that them niccas ain't jammin!

m10_v

Star
Registered
I hate to interrupt the anger fest but I see shit 10 times more coonish and riddled with buffoonery every day on BET and in everyday life

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
geechiedan said:
thats what you said...who's being exploited..the dancers who were paid to do it? How were they being exploited because white people were in the audience?

the CNS dance is not reminiscent of that kind of era to you at all?

The dancers right...and if you had left more of my quote in you would have read where I praised the dance moves...and yes the dancers were being exploited because back then there were not many Black entertainers and so these were the only options...and in this case I wouldn't even call it 'cooning'...there were some forms of entertainment back then that focused on negative stereotypes and yes those actors/dancers were cooning but that isn't the case here with the dancers in that first video...now as for the Chicken Noodle Soup video...again children in a park...that is not even the actual video and I see no correlation between the actual video and that time in the past...are there some cooning ass videos/songs that remind me of that era...hell yeah...but "CNS" is not one of them...my only problem with "CNS" is seeing grown ass people do it cause it's obviously a dance that is marketed for kids...but that's just a personal peeve cause I saw grown ass Chris Brown do it and he killed it...

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
geechiedan said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZnDhHGEF8

these guys danced under the SAME circumstances but you wouldn't call this cooning

Your problem is vocabulary...you seem to think 'cooning' and 'being exploited' is the same thing...so far none of the videos in this post bring cooning to mind...and yes to answer an earlier question of yours...target audience and who's running the show so to speak does have an impact on whether or not someone is being exploited...

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Leroy Soup Nutz said:
The dancers right...and if you had left more of my quote in you would have read where I praised the dance moves...and yes the dancers were being exploited because back then there were not many Black entertainers and so these were the only options...and in this case I wouldn't even call it 'cooning'...there were some forms of entertainment back then that focused on negative stereotypes and yes those actors/dancers were cooning but that isn't the case here with the dancers in that first video...now as for the Chicken Noodle Soup video...again children in a park...that is not even the actual video and I see no correlation between the actual video and that time in the past...are there some cooning ass videos/songs that remind me of that era...hell yeah...but "CNS" is not one of them...my only problem with "CNS" is seeing grown ass people do it cause it's obviously a dance that is marketed for kids...but that's just a personal peeve cause I saw grown ass Chris Brown do it and he killed it...

soo the stereotype of blacks and chickens plus a dance that expressly show a chicken like move doesn't smack of coon/stereotyping to you?

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
geechiedan said:
soo the stereotype of blacks and chickens plus a dance that expressly show a chicken like move doesn't smack of coon/stereotyping to you?

Nope because you are thinking like a white man with your head filled with his racist stereotypes...not EVERY song with the word 'chicken' in it has to be some coonish reference...and I've never seen a chicken move like that...and I would know...I raised chickens before...

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Leroy Soup Nutz said:

Somebody spliced it together.
The timing is pretty good.

Jiggaa

Star
Registered
lmao, i used to do some of those moves when i breakdance battled people. i thought some of that footwork was recent (within 30 years) goddamn...

S

Silencer215

Too many people complaining about other's actions. Too little people looking at their own actions.

Don Juan

Potential Star
Registered
I posted this vid a while back,These are the original b-boys, that was some crazy footwork...