Billy Paul has passed also....

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
http://oldschool1003.hellobeautiful.com/2858590/grammy-award-winner-billy-paul-has-passed-away/
Billy.jpg

It saddens us to have to inform our listeners, just days after the passing of Prince, we have lost Philadelphia music LEGEND Billy Paul (born Paul Williams) at the age of 81.

A Grammy Award winner, his biggest hit came in 1972, with his #1 single, “Me and Mrs. Jones” as well as the 1973 single & album “War of the Gods”. He blended conventional pop, soul and funk with electronic and psychedelic influences, which is why he is one of many artists associated with the Philadelphia soul sound.

He was born December 2, 1934, and below Philadelphia’s own Questlove, who in the past has equated Paul to Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder calling him”one of the criminally unmentioned proprietors of socially conscious post revolution ’60s cival rights music” left a very heartfelt message describing Billy Paul, and we couldn’t of said it any better ourselves! #RIP to another great musician who has provided many of us soundtracks to our lives!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
http://oldschool1003.hellobeautiful.com/2858590/grammy-award-winner-billy-paul-has-passed-away/
View attachment 171

It saddens us to have to inform our listeners, just days after the passing of Prince, we have lost Philadelphia music LEGEND Billy Paul (born Paul Williams) at the age of 81.

A Grammy Award winner, his biggest hit came in 1972, with his #1 single, “Me and Mrs. Jones” as well as the 1973 single & album “War of the Gods”. He blended conventional pop, soul and funk with electronic and psychedelic influences, which is why he is one of many artists associated with the Philadelphia soul sound.

He was born December 2, 1934, and below Philadelphia’s own Questlove, who in the past has equated Paul to Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder calling him”one of the criminally unmentioned proprietors of socially conscious post revolution ’60s cival rights music” left a very heartfelt message describing Billy Paul, and we couldn’t of said it any better ourselves! #RIP to another great musician who has provided many of us soundtracks to our lives!

Wow thanks so we can keep this brother in mind...

got to keep these brothers in mind....

I cant wait till the day comes when we all start celebrating

passings like this...

It really is just the beginning of a beautiful journey....

its just harder to do when they pass on so early....

Nice Reminder so we can pay respect to this O.G

artist!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Rest in peace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Paul

Billy Paul (Paul Williams; December 1, 1934 – April 24, 2016[1]) was a Grammy Award winning American soul singer, most known for his 1972 number-one single, "Me and Mrs. Jones", as well as the 1973 album and single "War of the Gods" which blends his more conventional pop, soul and funk styles with electronic and psychedelic influences.

He was one of the many artists associated with the Philadelphia soul sound created by Kenny Gamble, Leon Huff, and Thom Bell. Paul is usually identified by his diverse vocal style which ranges from mellow and soulful to low and raspy. Questlove of The Roots has equated Paul to Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder, calling him "one of the criminally unmentioned proprietors of socially conscious post-revolution '60s civil rights music."[2]

Paul died on the afternoon of April 24, 2016, in Blackwood, New Jersey, from pancreatic cancer at the age of 81.[1][42][43]

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I wasn't able to embed quest love's instagram post that announced it, I guess it's a known issue with the board that they get cut off. It's on the link in the OP tho....

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
animated_candle.gif

and

:dance: