Votes: 48 48.0%
  • KRS1

Votes: 52 52.0%

• Total voters

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol::roflmao:@ south dudes saying stop doing ny verzuz :lol:
First no one else wanted to do it. Now they don’t want no more ny rappers to do it.

Ny the only place that can create something and other Niccas don’t want the creators to benefit from it :lol:

Last edited:

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is pretty accurate

as far Buckshot I was thinking, is he going at Kane? This is a little disrespectful, then he changed it up at the end.

Greg Nice has a excellent voice and is a good performer, but he's not a good rapper.

and I'm tired of Fat Joe
Kane said he was about to let buckshot have it :lol: Nicca said anybody can get it.
Last time I seen buckshot he was in manhatten doing deliveries and mean mugging

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
This is pretty accurate

as far Buckshot I was thinking, is he going at Kane? This is a little disrespectful, then he changed it up at the end.

Greg Nice has a excellent voice and is a good performer, but he's not a good rapper.

and I'm tired of Fat Joe
Them feature rappers is that verzuz are sour to be as relevant as the pioneers that couldn't pop on records. However Buckshot and Masta Ace had fire LPs. Even KRSONE has to dap Craig G for his freestyles.

Them Madizm niggas was annoying. Shante should have done a quick WHOLE set. No one heard her rhyme in this century.

But there should double features so these one album wonder dudes can eat and not be in Europe.

As dope as KRSONE and Kane are, they head to Europe Africa and Asia to eat. Little love here.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Yo, this was a nice battle. Kane held his own, KRS-One got bars and hits for days.

The only low point was DJ Scratch. Yeah, he's real nice on the turntables but he's a bit of a show off and wanted to bring attention to his skillset.
Kid Capri and DJ scratch have different styles but he wanted to bring that heat to KC which wasn't going to be fair. DJ scratch is nice but he was on that bullshit wanting to show up KC. DJ ain't fucking with Jazzy Jeff, Cash Money or Grandmaster Theodore on any given day!

BDK only misstep was not acknowledging Marley Marl. True Roxanne Shante is the mother of the Juice Crew ad Biz put Kane on but all their early joints were produced by Marley Marl! Even Red Alert got to give MM his props. Red played the records that MM created. MM would create the joints and played them on his radio show. His Joints were so hot that DJ RA had to play them because they were tight as fuck. Everybody got love but nobody gave props to the man Marley Marl who because of his work they all eat today. Marley Marley is the Berry Gordy to many of them old school MC's such as LL Cool J, Rakim, Heavy D, Envogue, Aaron Hall, Busta Rhymes, etc.

Last edited:

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Shante should have done a quick WHOLE set. No one heard her rhyme in this century.

As dope as KRSONE and Kane are, they head to Europe Africa and Asia to eat. Little love here.

As far as Shante, because she held it down alone for the longest during the early era while Hip Hop was still growing, she gets a pass from me, she ain't got to spit no more, her early joints still bang because Marley Marl production was a fucking beast. Him and Shante released so many single bangas at the time, it was mad crazy. The queen need not to have to spit a verse to be heard no more.

As far as Kane & KRSOnE having to go overseas for some love, isn't that the story of our music elders? too many greats have to go overseas in order to eat because they can't get a deal here or tour. KRS still put out albums but because he's not properly marketed (and never have been), he can't get no sunshine. Kane was marketed properly but went too smooth and lost his rawness. Neither can get back to their prime because they are no longer hungry and can't bring the rawness like when they were younger. Rap is and always have been a young person's game. The elders just got to live with the fact, they may still got the desire and skill but nobody is trying hear them. Sad but true state of hip hop.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
I didn't like Kane cutting the rivalry at the end short with Kid Capri and Scratch.
He should have and glad he did. DJ Scratch was on that bullshit. It wasn't about him or Kid Capri. We all know who they DJ's were and know both of their talents. Scratch and Kid Capri are two different DJ's so there would have been no match. Now if scratch wanted to test his mettle, he should step to Grandwizard Theodore or DJ Cash Money or Jazzy Jeff, they would have checked his shit real quick!

Scratch was on some personal animus shit and wanted to show up Kid Capri because of some personal beef. Scratch wasn't there to respect and pay homage to the culture, the veterans or anything. He wanted Capri's head and because Kane is that dude, he shut the shit down because that was not the time or place for that bullshit.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Only person who can stand in stage with LL after this one is Busta.
nope no he can't. Nobody is fucking with LL kit for hit. Not even busta. busta is nice but he got too many feature joints instead of straight up hit joints. There is no match up Joint for joint for LL, so we ca let that shit go.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Roxanne does have enough to go against Lyte

Das EFX probably Onyx

LL and Kool Moe Dee might be a nice one
Lyte ai'nt got enough to go against Shante... sorry but she don't
LL and MO dee ain't gonna work because they are not evenly matched. Mo Dee got bars and lyrics for days but no hits on the level of LL. LL never ever ever, EVER freestyles so he's got to stay with his hits and he got them in spades.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Oh and gotta mention MAD LION sounded dope! Return after all these years and still have the same energy and cadence.
Yes indeed!! I was kinda salty he didn't do Take it Easy tho.
This is pretty accurate

and I'm tired of Fat Joe
Fat Joe needs to shut the f up. He's doing too much.
Lyte ai'nt got enough to go against Shante... sorry but she don't
LL and MO dee ain't gonna work because they are not evenly matched. Mo Dee got bars and lyrics for days but no hits on the level of LL. LL never ever ever, EVER freestyles so he's got to stay with his hits and he got them in spades.
I am a big Shante and Juice Crew fan. But, keeping it 100, Luke has way more songs that the crowd would rock to than Shante.

BTW, Kool G Rap lost so much respect. He's a lame for passing on being there.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
He should have and glad he did. DJ Scratch was on that bullshit. It wasn't about him or Kid Capri. We all know who they DJ's were and know both of their talents. Scratch and Kid Capri are two different DJ's so there would have been no match. Now if scratch wanted to test his mettle, he should step to Grandwizard Theodore or DJ Cash Money or Jazzy Jeff, they would have checked his shit real quick!

Scratch was on some personal animus shit and wanted to show up Kid Capri because of some personal beef. Scratch wasn't there to respect and pay homage to the culture, the veterans or anything. He wanted Capri's head and because Kane is that dude, he shut the shit down because that was not the time or place for that bullshit.

A DJ battle was on their scheduled program.. It WAS the time and place for it.

Kid Capri being out of his league is a Kid Capri issue not a show issue.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
As much as I am curious as to why Kool G wasn't there... I hate the focus it garners

Sidebar... we don't know if he had a legit reason not to be there, which is his right.

It takes away from those who actually did support. It's like you get more attention for NOT doing it.

All these legends have known each other for decades and understand the value and scarcity of opportunities like this, so I would assume they not making decisions foolishly

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
As far as Shante, because she held it down alone for the longest during the early era while Hip Hop was still growing, she gets a pass from me, she ain't got to spit no more, her early joints still bang because Marley Marl production was a fucking beast. Him and Shante released so many single bangas at the time, it was mad crazy. The queen need not to have to spit a verse to be heard no more.

As far as Kane & KRSOnE having to go overseas for some love, isn't that the story of our music elders? too many greats have to go overseas in order to eat because they can't get a deal here or tour. KRS still put out albums but because he's not properly marketed (and never have been), he can't get no sunshine. Kane was marketed properly but went too smooth and lost his rawness. Neither can get back to their prime because they are no longer hungry and can't bring the rawness like when they were younger. Rap is and always have been a young person's game. The elders just got to live with the fact, they may still got the desire and skill but nobody is trying hear them. Sad but true state of hip hop.

This is actually our fault. Anyone that was outside when all these artists were hot needs to be supporting them. I see dudes in their 40’s-50’s trying to listen to mumble rap instead of keeping the culture going. I’ve seen Italians support Frank Sinatra and sell out all his concerts till he died. Our artists are regulated to group tours in barely packed amphitheater’s. We are quick to play out our artists.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
This is actually our fault. Anyone that was outside when all these artists were hot needs to be supporting them. I see dudes in their 40’s-50’s trying to listen to mumble rap instead of keeping the culture going. I’ve seen Italians support Frank Sinatra and sell out all his concerts till he died. Our artists are regulated to group tours in barely packed amphitheater’s. We are quick to play out our artists.
Amen!

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
All due respect to Mr. Cee

This some bitch moves.

EVERYBODY understood why you were not there

Anyone ASKING was a lame and obvious as f*ck.

And Kane supported Cee PUBLICLY for years despite some serious bullsh*t

This is the kind of thing the makes folk understand why people don't stick their neck out.

I think the important part is that Kane helped him get his gig

and obviously is why Shante and Cool V are on Rock The Bells also

Looks like Kane looks out for people

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cipha and Rosenberg called up Mr Cee on Juan Ep

Apparently Kane simply didn't want Cee and gave him some bullshit run around excuse probably not to hurt his feelings, but Mr Cee learned the truth. So Mr Cee is in his feelings right now, because he wasn't asked to do it. He had some good ideas of how he would have done it differently.

He said that he had just done a show with Kane in September and before that the Raising Kanan joint. He'll get over it, because he said that Kane helped him get the Rock The Bells joint with LL.

Kane's football analogy he gave Cee was on point in response to Cee saying Jay and Big.

They still do podcasts?

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
That's what cracking me up. People who say BDK won just talk about his breath control. :lol: :lol:
If I go to a concert I want to leave that mutherfucker repeating the songs and feeling hyped. Not leaving the concert talking aboutsomeone's breath control. :lol: :lol:
If Kane played this record, this would have fucked him up.

And then blasted the Blast master with this.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
rapper-krsone-of-boogie-down-productions-appears-in-a-portrait-taken-picture-id1295162006

photo-of-krs1_jb-krs1-and-scott-la-rock-new-york-city-picture-id85028792

photo-of-krs-1-krs1-and-ms-melodie-picture-id85029870

krsone-and-dnice-pose-with-other-members-of-boogie-down-productions-picture-id73989420

rapper-big-daddy-kane-poses-for-a-portrait-on-august-12-1988-in-new-picture-id1264388023

rappers-big-daddy-kane-ice-cube-and-chuck-d-poses-for-photos-at-the-picture-id938905752

darren-big-d-jordan-run-big-daddy-kane-and-scrap-lover-attends-rapper-picture-id1295710620

rapper-big-daddy-kane-performs-at-barneys-one-stop-in-chicago-in-picture-id1267111121

rappers-big-daddy-kane-and-krsone-is-photographed-for-the-source-in-picture-id583893926

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered

Something must be going on in the Kane camp Scoob Lover said he never got the call to attend the show but Scrap got called on stage.

In other news Mr. Cee is DJing Scoob Lovers Birthday party.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

They got a right to be scared.

But I would have thought another big dog would take up the challenge

Will Smith Kanye Redman 50 Cent Ludacris Drake Missy LL Ja rule KRS

Cause legit there are NOT that many solo hip hop artists with the Catalog

and let me be clear catalog don't mean quantity I mean QUALITY

Cause the fugees would be a SERIOUS problem with anyone especially if they have a live band (and show up on time)

Busta got UNDISPUTED classic records and features.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I have a feeling Busta's going to end up in a Verzuz against someone who people think can't fuck with him and end up getting out performed.

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
Ll will wash busta
I dunno fam. LL got hella records but the challenge would be winning the crowd. LL ushered high octane hip hop but Busta would blow up a Dianne Warwick sample. Kill a quiet storm jawn. (Mobb Deep did it).
No one cares about the LONS joints. Nah, Bustas first album will pump now.

Fuck, Busta got Madonna makeovers. This is the same dude with the loud outfits, hella dreads, and Mad Lion inflections. Now fit, diesel, street attire, etc.

But that last album sucked.

Last edited: