Biden doesn't want to fight for 50,000 student loan relief. It's too hard

chitownsfinest

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No. Not really. I really don't think any ADOS should anything for college. Zero. Zlitch!! We can speak on reparations later but college education should be part of it. Native Americans don't have to pay for school then why should we. Same for reservations with our own law enforcement laws and judges. But I'm not going to focus on that.

The most of the debts tied to college education are connected to highly inflated debt schemes used to benefit white liberals.

If you wonder why the average housing project doesn't have money to meet basic maintenance needs is because low income housing money is being sucked up for "low" income whites in the form of college students.

Your typical new big city college dormitories are built of off mix of low income housing funding that used to go towards family housing. Between section 8 sucking up money and developers scheming ain't shit low cost about most of the "projects". If I have to paid college tuition to live there, how is it low cost and accessible to most when you have to be admitted to a school?

Anyone can damn near be considered low income once they initially moved from their parents home. It's a lot of middle upper class and up people in "low income housing". Just look at what's consider low in NYC/California and see how much money it drains from real low cost housing where it could be directed towards family growth.
The DNC rather have low cost immigrants who don't pay taxes sucking up more money that could go towards building family units could actually make cities for affordable. Now they are begging the Feds to print more money so they can get low cost day care and construction workers for their flip and gentrification games they play with the banks that wont give blacks that live in the same neighborhoods a loan.

The facts are showing that the "liberals" ain't shit but shady ass whites/teathers who have driven up the cost of essentials like health care and education in the cities. While subscribing to globalism that have destroyed the manufacturing base of America.

The schools are straight shit while you pay high ass taxes to liberal whites and incompetent sista girl/teachers politicians.

Health care is higher than ever while 55% of todays kids are obese, the birth rate has decreased,50% of all Americans are fat as fuck, and the average age of Americans at death is going down. Why are we paying these people more money to die sooner.

Why are we paying people more for education when the kids are dumber?? I will tell you why. Your DNC ran cities that are shitty as fuck right now and the future are ran by incompetent white men and women along with their handpicked niggas.

Lastly, Nobody from gentrified places like California and DC should tell her other black people how to conduct political business.

They got schemed out of their neighborhoods now they want to give you same the bad advice that got them gentrified out of their own neighborhoods. Now white people live in the same places they used to stay and have better access to better resources now that they kicked their black asses out of California and DC.

I'm glad the people in Chicago are waking up faster than most. They see the game plan is the same as aways. Infiltrate us take down our leaders and insert theirs. Lori Lightfoot and Brandon Johnson are showing how many black politicians have sold and are more concerned about self-interest than the people who vote for them.

Just listen to the beta in the niggas. "If we don't vote for them and they win they won't listen to us in the future"

Anybody with any mathematical knowledge knows that's not true and understand that somebody's lying about something. It's part of the scheme it's part of the deception and it's part of the fear mongering.

But fears is all you have other than results. The point the conversation is pretty much over with. They're losing the election and if there's very little they can do about it at this point. Inflation alone gets most guys kicked out the white house. Biden is involved in two wars with a third on the horizon. Kennedy probably is the best choice but Biden is not an option. He's not even physically fit for the job.
I could write a book of all the stupid shit in this post. Kind of incredible...

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
I could write a book of all the stupid shit in this post. Kind of incredible...
You are from Chicago ? Do like whats happening with your education system and the gentrification?

Do you really think you are getting bang for you buck from the white municipal workers that are supposed to serve your black communities?

Are the black politicians serious about service to black Chicago beyond collecting votes and making promises that they take little action on?

You like the facts that migrants are getting kids kicked out of their community centers?

You have homeless and migrants living in your critical public transportation facilities such as your airport. Is that normal for to you?

Do you understand how much pension debt you guys have and how much of that money is going towards the the coffers of Republican states?

You guys are going to need a federal government bail out soon and having a senile old man to scheme money from like Biden would save your assess right now. So I can see why you want the old bastard in there.

But you will never get rid of the built in corruption of your city unions and politicians unless you're going to bring in people who will make them accountable.

Do you think Harold Washington will go for any of the current mess that's going on in your city?

Nigga, you guys are a pure joke right now. You last two Mayors have made Kwame Klpatrick look competent and I don't see any local government willing to pick up the slack. Detroit bankruptcy was regulated by the state Republican party and they actually had the balls to tell some of these municipal unions no and cut pork jobs attached to city government.

I wish you guys the best but Chicago is in for some very dark times. The sad part is that I know the Republicans are going to have to come in and make the adult decisions the Democrats refuse to make. Only then will things get better from an economical physical standpoint.

I'm just telling you what I've seen personally work. Its not easy to really to have to confront the hard truths. But our cites are dying because of very bad policy. If you don't believe me then please understand demographics drive economics. You probably need to take a look at this lecture first and then let's discuss how these numbers impacted the black community.

It has nothing to do directly with African Americans but if you look at the numbers you can understand why blacks are pissed right now..

You look at these numbers and you will start to understand the policy. DM me if you want details.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I got an e-mail letter yesterday from my servicer (Aidvantage) saying that the recertification deadline has been extended until July 2025. So my payments stay the same until then.

Not sure what prompted it, but seems interesting :idea:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Draft rules for the forgiveness proposal are out​

I'll be doing a summary later today. Please hold off on questions until I do. And remember..these are draft rules. Things can change and be challenged.
From politico
The Education Department unveiled a draft proposal on Tuesday of President Joe Biden’s latest plan to broadly cancel swaths of student loan debt for millions of borrowers.
His plan seeks to forgive unpaid interest for some 25 million Americans who now owe more on their loans than they originally borrowed. It would also help more than 2 million borrowers who’ve carried their debts for decades and another 2 million borrowers who would have qualified for existing federal programs but failed to enroll. Borrowers who attended “low-value programs” could see relief as well.
If implemented, the administration said the plan, along with its other student debt relief efforts, would apply to roughly 30 million borrowers as early as this fall.
“These distinct forms of debt relief are designed for borrowers struggling with their loans — and that’s a lot of people,” Education Undersecretary James Kvaal said in a statement. “There are 25 million borrowers whose interest is growing faster than they can pay it down. That fact alone shows how badly President Biden’s student loan relief is needed.”
Biden first announced the plan last week at a community college in Madison, Wisconsin, while other top administration officials went to other swing states to push his pitch.
The proposal, which provides targeted relief for the majority of student loan borrowers, comes as Biden looks to deliver on his campaign promise to cancel some student loan debt after his more sweeping plan was thwarted by the Supreme Court last year.
Senior administration officials have previously told reporters they’re “confident” that Biden’s new attempt is sufficiently different to pass muster before the court. The plan hinges on the Education secretary’s legal authority under the Higher Education Act, rather than the Covid-related emergency powers that were the basis for the administration’s first plan.
While Democrats and groups in support of debt relief have lauded the Biden administration’s efforts, Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.), who helms the House education panel, slammed the proposal as a “reckless and fiscally irresponsible" action.
“Mr. President, you have no legal ground to stand upon,” Foxx said. “Your scheme is not steeped in benevolence or goodwill. It is mired in utter contempt for the Supreme Court and every student, family and hardworking taxpayer in this country.”
The proposed rule will be published in the Federal Register on Wednesday with a 30-day comment period, and the department said it is still aiming to finalize its rules by the fall.
A separate draft rule focused on relief for borrowers experiencing hardship is slated for the coming months. It is expected to include proposals to grant automatic forgiveness of loans for borrowers at a high risk of default and others who “show hardship due to other indicators” like high medical and caregiving expenses.
“As President Biden said last week, our Administration is working as quickly as possible to deliver relief to as many borrowers as possible,” a department spokesperson said about the hardship proposal. “As we vigorously continue to develop the NPRM related to hardship for release in the coming months, we also are moving forward with these proposed rules today so we can begin delivering relief to borrowers as early as this fall.”

Link to the undrafted rule

Student Debt Relief for the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program, the Federal Family Education Loan Program, the Federal Perkins Loan Program, and the Health Education Assistance Loan Program​

An unpublished Proposed Rule by the Education Department on 04/17/2024

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Draft rules for the forgiveness proposal are out​

I'll be doing a summary later today. Please hold off on questions until I do. And remember..these are draft rules. Things can change and be challenged.
From politico
The Education Department unveiled a draft proposal on Tuesday of President Joe Biden’s latest plan to broadly cancel swaths of student loan debt for millions of borrowers.
His plan seeks to forgive unpaid interest for some 25 million Americans who now owe more on their loans than they originally borrowed. It would also help more than 2 million borrowers who’ve carried their debts for decades and another 2 million borrowers who would have qualified for existing federal programs but failed to enroll. Borrowers who attended “low-value programs” could see relief as well.
If implemented, the administration said the plan, along with its other student debt relief efforts, would apply to roughly 30 million borrowers as early as this fall.
“These distinct forms of debt relief are designed for borrowers struggling with their loans — and that’s a lot of people,” Education Undersecretary James Kvaal said in a statement. “There are 25 million borrowers whose interest is growing faster than they can pay it down. That fact alone shows how badly President Biden’s student loan relief is needed.”
Biden first announced the plan last week at a community college in Madison, Wisconsin, while other top administration officials went to other swing states to push his pitch.
The proposal, which provides targeted relief for the majority of student loan borrowers, comes as Biden looks to deliver on his campaign promise to cancel some student loan debt after his more sweeping plan was thwarted by the Supreme Court last year.
Senior administration officials have previously told reporters they’re “confident” that Biden’s new attempt is sufficiently different to pass muster before the court. The plan hinges on the Education secretary’s legal authority under the Higher Education Act, rather than the Covid-related emergency powers that were the basis for the administration’s first plan.
While Democrats and groups in support of debt relief have lauded the Biden administration’s efforts, Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.), who helms the House education panel, slammed the proposal as a “reckless and fiscally irresponsible" action.
“Mr. President, you have no legal ground to stand upon,” Foxx said. “Your scheme is not steeped in benevolence or goodwill. It is mired in utter contempt for the Supreme Court and every student, family and hardworking taxpayer in this country.”
The proposed rule will be published in the Federal Register on Wednesday with a 30-day comment period, and the department said it is still aiming to finalize its rules by the fall.
A separate draft rule focused on relief for borrowers experiencing hardship is slated for the coming months. It is expected to include proposals to grant automatic forgiveness of loans for borrowers at a high risk of default and others who “show hardship due to other indicators” like high medical and caregiving expenses.
“As President Biden said last week, our Administration is working as quickly as possible to deliver relief to as many borrowers as possible,” a department spokesperson said about the hardship proposal. “As we vigorously continue to develop the NPRM related to hardship for release in the coming months, we also are moving forward with these proposed rules today so we can begin delivering relief to borrowers as early as this fall.”

Link to the undrafted rule

Student Debt Relief for the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program, the Federal Family Education Loan Program, the Federal Perkins Loan Program, and the Health Education Assistance Loan Program​

An unpublished Proposed Rule by the Education Department on 04/17/2024

Thanks for the update, this would def be a welcome move :yes:

You gotta be super evil n greedy to be in such STRONG opposition to cutting interest off of decades old student loan balances under these circumstances. What type of person or why would one even care enough to fight so vehemently against this, unless they are just a true blue greedy piece of shit? Especially considering all the other bs this country promotes and has the nerve to waste money on? It's baffling.

On a separate but related note: I called Aidvantage yesterday and these fools are dumb as rocks :smh:

I was able to confirm the new certification date, but I still need to get in touch with Fed Aid directly for a full list of my past payments. I don't think they are giving me credit for a few years of payments I made in the past.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for the update, this would def be a welcome move :yes:

You gotta be super evil n greedy to be in such STRONG opposition to cutting interest off of decades old student loan balances under these circumstances. What type of person or why would one even care enough to fight so vehemently against this, unless they are just a true blue greedy piece of shit? Especially considering all the other bs this country promotes and has the nerve to waste money on? It's baffling.

On a separate but related note: I called Aidvantage yesterday and these fools are dumb as rocks :smh:

I was able to confirm the new certification date, but I still need to get in touch with Fed Aid directly for a full list of my past payments. I don't think they are giving me credit for a few years of payments I made in the past.
THIS! That interest is some BS

I think Fed Aid has a live online chat if you don’t want to call. You should be able to log in also and pull up all of your payments. If you know the original loan folks, you can try and log in there also.

I can still pull up all my payments I made to Sallie Mae and Moehela before I switched over to FedLoans.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
THIS! That interest is some BS

I think Fed Aid has a live online chat if you don’t want to call. You should be able to log in also and pull up all of your payments. If you know the original loan folks, you can try and log in there also.

I can still pull up all my payments I made to Sallie Mae and Moehela before I switched over to FedLoans.

I think I was Sallie Mae way back when, then FedLoan for most of my payment history, now Aidvantage post-pandemic.

I went on the site a few months back but got frustrated and left. I'ma give it another shot though. I plan on calling them or chatting if I can't find what I need on the site.

I went back on the other day and noticed that they appear to have a few options to file a complaint. Which I also might do just to have something logged in writing and see what they say.

Thanks man.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
only had about 20 grand left... i work in government so mine was going to be forgiven in a few years anyway

but now its gone totally in may

I just got one too and I'm not on the IDR plan. Mohela just put my account on an administrative hold until June. Fingers crossed.

On April 19, 2022, the Biden-Harris Administration announced several changes that will help borrowers get closer to or achieve forgiveness under income-driven repayment (IDR) regardless of whether or not you have ever participated in an IDR plan. With these changes, you are now eligible to have some or all of your student loans forgiven because you have reached the necessary 240- or 300-months' of payments under IDR.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just got one too and I'm not on the IDR plan. Mohela just put my account on an administrative hold until June. Fingers crossed.

On April 19, 2022, the Biden-Harris Administration announced several changes that will help borrowers get closer to or achieve forgiveness under income-driven repayment (IDR) regardless of whether or not you have ever participated in an IDR plan. With these changes, you are now eligible to have some or all of your student loans forgiven because you have reached the necessary 240- or 300-months' of payments under IDR.

Good info....Fingers cross but we claiming that shit is going to get discharged....

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interest rates gonna sink Biden, not this. A damn 30k car costs $500 a month with a 750 credit score.
You sure? I have a high credit score and got a car loan on a new car from navy federal at about 3% in 2016. It’s 4.5% now on there website. Might even be lower if you have good credit.

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Your math ain't mathing homie. That's a 0% interest loan.

$500 x 60 month $30000

You haven't bought many cars if you think a 30k car with a 500 monthly payment is ok. I bought a loaded Yukon Denali in 21 & my note is $1,006.36 a month & it was 88K
Your math ain't mathing homie. That's a 0% interest loan.

$500 x 60 month $30000

Not actually correct brother... (I said car, not loan cost)

Plus I am a GM employee, so incentives are added in

I was just talking to a broker to locate a car for my 15 year old....

Last edited:

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sure? I have a high credit score and got a car loan on a new car from navy federal at about 3% in 2016. It’s 4.5% now on there website. Might even be lower if you have good credit.

I got a rate today as of 4.9% ( I got excellent credit)

My payment for an Encore GX ST would be $494.13