BGOL Ongoing Formula One Thread: 2024 Season

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope we dont end up with another Maria de Villota situation.:smh: I hope he recovers enough to continue his career.

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Less than 10 Laps to go, Hamilton with a 18+ sec lead...:hellyea: a first place Podium is in the bag :yes:

Last edited:

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s stat time. Hamilton would match Nigel Mansall’s record for the number of race wins with this victory. Coulthard also has one for you: “Any man who has won four Grand Prixs in a row has never failed to win the drivers’ championship.”

Hamilton has just set ANOTHER fastest lap: 1min 41.6 seconds

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Good drive from Rosberg to get 50 laps out of the tires! :eek:

He'll get second at this point.

Yeah that was crazy to get that many laps. I think things are shaping up for an exciting race at that track next year. The course will be a bit more "seasoned", as far as the surface, and the teams will have the right tires.

Congratulations Hamilton in Russia.

:dance:

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's the video of the accident. Damn that doesn't look good. :eek::(

HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra.gif

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/ifr/HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="600" height="338" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);" ></iframe>

http://fat.gfycat.com/HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra.mp4

right under the undercarriage:smh::smh::smh::smh::(:(:(

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm still not easy with this double points nonsense coming in Abu Dhabi. Murphy's Law been working like a mofo this season. This is the second time Lewis has gone on a 4 GP win streak and we know how quickly that can be wiped out. One thing I can say if if Nico somehow wins WDC, he'd be the most unrespected WDC, even more so than Button.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm still not easy with this double points nonsense coming in Abu Dhabi. Murphy's Law been working like a mofo this season. This is the second time Lewis has gone on a 4 GP win streak and we know how quickly that can be wiped out. One thing I can say if if Nico somehow wins WDC, he'd be the most unrespected WDC, even more so than Button.

2013 Vettel would disagree... That RB9 was unbeatable and Webber was well past his prime for a real challenge.

2nd2none

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
2013 Vettel would disagree... That RB9 was unbeatable and Webber was well past his prime for a real challenge.

I don't know about webber. If they gave him good parts I think back then he would have had a stronger results

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

SLY

International
International Member
My prediction: One of the Mercs to DNF and Bottas to pick up the win.

SLY

International
International Member
Glad my prediction was wrong. C'mon Lewis bring home the trophy :dance:

Simply_Black

International
International Member
This is a perfect thread to expose the cacs of the board. 80% of the niggas in this thread are white.

Cacs can hate as much as they want but Hamilton's skills and talent will always rise above it.

BTW, did you see how most of the crowd in Austin were cheering for Hamilton during and after the race? The support he got was unbelievable.

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor
Cacs can hate as much as they want but Hamilton's skills and talent will always rise above it.

BTW, did you see how most of the crowd in Austin were cheering for Hamilton during and after the race? The support he got was unbelievable.

You think she hates him as well?

Carmen+Lockhart+Canadian+F1+Grand+Prix+wvtPvz6xgJXl.jpg

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interested to see the accounts of F1. I read somewhere recently that commercial rights revenues are around $1.8bn annually, and that 63% of that goes to the teams ($200m of which to Ferrari allegedly) so does that mean CVC / Bernie are hanging on to $660m every season when the costs of running a mid-table team are reckoned to be $120m, anyone have the actual numbers ?

PICARD

Rising Star
Registered
Interested to see the accounts of F1. I read somewhere recently that commercial rights revenues are around $1.8bn annually, and that 63% of that goes to the teams ($200m of which to Ferrari allegedly) so does that mean CVC / Bernie are hanging on to $660m every season when the costs of running a mid-table team are reckoned to be $120m, anyone have the actual numbers ?

35iuqeh.jpg

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bernie is a master of the art of divide and conquer. That is how he gained control of F1 in the first place, by exploiting the teams' distrust of each other. That is also at the heart of the current crisis which stems from the last crisis when the top teams threatened to start a breakaway series a few years ago. Bernie bought them off at the cost of cash flow to the smaller teams. He hoped to manage that by bringing in cost controls but the bigger teams weren't having that!
As the income is unlikely to rise sharply: sponsorship, broadcasting and hosting rights having been milked to the limit, at this point the only way to pass more money to the smaller teams would be for BE/CVC to reduce the amount they take from the sport. It wouldn't have to be a huge amount by F1 standards but it would preserve diversity in F1. That is unlikely to happen, for obvious reasons, so at least 2 more teams will go to the wall and 3 car teams or customer cars will come in. Racing will probably be closer throughout the field when that happens but whether the fans and by extension the sponsors continue to vote with their wallets remains to be seen.