BGOL BLACK PANTHER Movie Thread [Black Panther: Wakanda Forever drops on Disney+ 2/1/23]

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We see Tchalla presumably visiting the Panther God.

Does this confirm the soul gem is in Wakanda???

This is some genetic, metal techno shit they are doing here. The science is a mix of flash and machine and some sort of alien tech I'm sure. I'm loving the suits. The claw is just as badass.

I HAVE NO IDEA. That's just what I thought too.

Its either in Wakanda OR its in Thor's hammer OR Heimdall has it.

oNE

A big battle in Wakanda is confirmed for Infinity War so I'm thinking the soul gem is in Wakanda

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Man I’m really curious to see what the reception to this movie is going to be. Specifically, the mostly all black cast and its culture. Marvel movies have typically been well received with no drama. Does the trend continue despite what the story represents? Powerful black people and culture.

Stay tuned...
Y'no CACs gonna hate and be butt hurt... Fuck em, fuck em all!!!

WkoW7.gif

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I’m really curious to see what the reception to this movie is going to be. Specifically, the mostly all black cast and its culture. Marvel movies have typically been well received with no drama. Does the trend continue despite what the story represents? Powerful black people and culture.

Stay tuned...

Why do you care so much what white folk gonna think about it? I'l give you an early preview...they will hate it, now what?

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
anyone making hi res backgrounds from this trailer??

time to piss off some racist coworkers

futureshock

Renegade of this atomic age
Registered
Twitter goes crazy with the release of newest “Black Panther” trailer

Shelia Poole
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

2:43 p.m Monday, Oct. 16, 2017 Atlanta Life

movies_black-panther-trailer-breakdown_2017_10_screen-shot-2017-10-16-at-6-36-28-am.jpg

MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT/Entertainment Weekly

This moment in the trailer is so ethereal, so beautiful it naturally makes the viewer wonder if we're seeing some kind of dream. The royal purple horizon shows the same colors we see radiating across Panther's armor.
Social media is blowing up after the release of Marvel’s “Black Panther” trailer .

The film, which stars Chad Boseman as the ruler of Wakanda, was shot in Atlanta. It also features a star-studded cast including Lupita Nyong'o , Forest Whitaker. Michael B. Jordan and Angela Bassett.

It was directed by Ryan Coogler.

“Black Panther” is due in theaters Feb. 16 and the buzz is definitely superhero worthy .

NEW BLACK PANTHER TRAILER PROMISES MARVEL'S MOST BREATHTAKING MOVIE YET
BlackPanther-TA.jpg

MARVEL

A FEW MONTHS ago, director Ryan Coogler and the cast of Black Panther came to Comic-Con International and showed a trailer for their new movie. Set to Kendrick Lamar’s “DNA,” it caused a reaction stronger than anything else to hit Hall H for that entire con, and probably a few cons prior. There was a standing ovation, with swaths of the crowd in tears—as well as the cast, which hadn’t yet seen the footage. (For a second, I thought Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o might crawl along her own panel’s table to tackle-hug Coogler.) It was exactly the reaction you want to see in a room full of fans who have waited years for a movie to be made. But Marvel never released that trailer.

Until today. It’s a slightly different cut, and set to Vince Staples’ “BagBak” mixed with some Gil-Scott Heron, but all of the energy that came through in that Comic-Con Black Panther trailer is here, and it’s a sight to behold.

It should be. Unlike previous Marvel movies, which have either been primarily set in New York or space, Black Panther takes place in Wakanda, the technologically advanced (and vibranium-rich) African nation glimpsed briefly in the mid-credits scene of Captain America: Civil War. T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) is now king of Wakanda following the death of his father, T’Chaka (John Kani)—but there's no time for orientation. Threats from inside Wakanda and out have little sympathy that he's a newcomer both to the throne and the Avengers; it's time for T'Challa to figure out, in the words of fighter Nakia (Nyong’o), “what kind of king [he is] going to be.”

Black Panther also features what could be the best cast ever pulled together for a Marvel film: In addition to Boseman and Nyong’o, there’s Danai Gurira (fellow fighter Okoye), Angela Bassett (T’Challa’s mother, Ramonda), Michael B. Jordan (T’Challa’s Wakandan rival Erik Killmonger), Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya (T’Challa’s second-in-command, W’Kabi), recent Emmy winner Sterling K. Brown (the mysterious N’Jobu), Forest Whitaker (warrior Zuri), and returning Marvel players Martin Freeman (Everett K. Ross) and Andy Serkis (Ulysses Klaue/Klaw).

It also looks marvelous. One of the many great things about Coogler’s Creed was the immaculately choreographed boxing matches, and he seems to have brought that thoughtful intricacy to every action sequence in his new movie. From Black Panther’s aerial, acrobatic car chase to his face-off with Killmonger near the end of the trailer, the footage has the rhythm of adrenaline and the grace of ballet. As much as down-and-out fights can be beautiful, these are. (One standout moment from the Comic-Con presentation that sadly didn't make it into this trailer: Okoye disorienting an assailant during a fight by throwing her wig at him.)

Finally, there are the many wonderful gadgets of Wakanda itself: the aircraft flown by Okoye using only her hands in mid-air, those mini-tracker(bomb?)-like things T’Challa throws, Wakanda’s levitating trains. Then, of course, there’s T’Challa’s Black Panther suits, which we see his sister Shuri (Letitia Wright) present to him. (Also, did you catch the car she was driving? The one that appeared to have a steering wheel made of pure light?) And considering that in the Marvel comics Wakanda is a nation far more technologically advanced than anywhere else on Earth, that’s just the beginning.

Fans will find out what kind of king T’Challa wants to be when Black Panther hits theaters February 16 (aka Not Soon Enough).

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
First off...Sesame Street is the GOAT. This generation of current high school graduates...they probably like they are because they didn't watch it. Explains a lot.

Second...

...I WATCHED TOO MUCH!!!
I said I wasn't gonna watch it, but I did... (aka Not Soon Enough) ...will nothing appease me for another four months?!
What will I wear?!
What am I going to do with my hair?!
When can I get tickets?!
I'm buying those figures! Do I take them with me?!

Shit, panic attack thinking about the attire.

ANSWERS NOW! o_O

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
First off...Sesame Street is the GOAT. This generation of current high school graduates...they probably like they are because they didn't watch it. Explains a lot.

Second...

...I WATCHED TOO MUCH!!!
I said I wasn't gonna watch it, but I did... (aka Not Soon Enough) ...will nothing appease me for another four months?!
What will I wear?!
When can I get tickets?!

ANSWERS NOW! o_O

First...

TRUTH.COM

and I agree, also all the new episodes airing on HBO first is wrong. (but if that is what it-takes to keep it alive? Then good)

You didn't watch too much...this wasn't for story-line...

this was a celebration of beautiful black and brown skin

They all looked so radiant and glowing and spectacular.

I am looking for some African type modern gear NOW
I just twisted my hair into coils

I NEED tickets now, Disney f*cking slipping

I already got the lego set for my girls, I got a bracelet necklace key-chain and ordered a mug
@Camille where you at?
I WILL be copping those figures.
Ummm for the kids of course.
(they can touch them when I am dead and join the panther god in paradise)

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor

Second...

...I WATCHED TOO MUCH!!!
What will I wear?!
When can I get tickets?!

ANSWERS NOW! o_O

Queen_Nzingha_Amazon_t580.jpg

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
Trailer looks great ...I expect a visual masterpiece.

Im sure it won't break any box office records but I'm going to enjoy it

Props to Marvel for investing in this film in "Trump-murica"