Best Female Vocalist of All-Time

YeahMan1212

Potential Star
Registered
The thread is pretty much self-explanatory..Fuck record sales..just based of ||voices|| who do ya think is the best female-vocalist of all time??????????

bgque12

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Aretha Franklyn its not even close...fuck she is the best vocalist ever period!!!!

Aretha?! Please she wishes she could touch RACHELLE FERRELLE'S talent. There's no one better, 7 1/2 octive range says it all!

2. Minnie Ripperton - 5 1/2 oct. range.

Thick Johnson

Star
Registered
Aretha?! Please she wishes she could touch RACHELLE FERRELLE'S talent. There's no one better, 7 1/2 octive range says it all!

Nah pimp we aint talking about technicals/tricks.

Who can make you feel that shit the most.

Hands Down Aretha Franklin

Rachelle would even smack you for that one kid.

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered

Mariah = 7-8 Octave range. (Emulated Minnie as a child.)

Technical skill is not the way to judge the greatest vocalist, otherwise you'd be listing opera stars like Price and Graves.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Roberta Flack gets my number #1
Aretha of course
Patti Labelle
Rachel Farrell- Not a huge career, but I love that woman's voice.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
Whitney Pre Crack Houston. She can do pop, gospel, ballads, and she makes you feel it too.

i have to agree, her and aretha...

BUT

i might put glady's knight above them both. she still sounds as good as she did back then.

Hon. Mention:

Phyllis Hyman
Anita Baker

darkjedi

Support BGOL
Registered
This is a good question. If you are just talking about someone who can make you feel what they felt when they were singing the song, I'd have to go with Billie Holiday. I mean you can just feel the pain in songs like "Good Morning Heartache". If you are talking 1960's and up, I'd have to go with Aretha. Although, Whitney and Mariah (when she ain't on that pop shit) would give her a run for her money if you're just talking talent. I was talking to my boy the other day and we both agreed that when discussions like this come up Karen Carpenter doesn't get enough love. Her voice wasn't powerful by any means but it was pitch perfect.

Just my $.02

bgque12

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah pimp we aint talking about technicals/tricks.

Who can make you feel that shit the most.

Hands Down Aretha Franklin

Rachelle would even smack you for that one kid.

Hasve you listen to Rachelle's music? And the thread said best of all time not who makes you feel shiot when they sing.

And mariah Carey does not have a range even close to Rachelle's. She strains to get high and can't even come close to going as low as Rachelle. You might of had an aurgument if you said Chante Moore. She has a much better voice than Mariah.

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
You might of had an aurgument if you said Chante Moore. She has a much better voice than Mariah.

You've lost your mind.

(Carey inherited her operatic voice from her mother. Like her or not, no one of sound mind over the last 20 years has ever denied her unusual range. It's her claim to fame, besides her arguable #1 all-time status, female success-wise. I've never seen or heard Chante Moore's "range" mentioned once ... anywhere.)

Last edited:

O.Red

Star
Registered
:smh:at the above replies.

Its all about that Ashanti:
01-stars-ashanti-party-400a101706.jpg

Best voice I ever did hear in life...

chitownsfinest

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Album sales doesn't mean talent (just look at ANY rap and R&B cats on the charts now). You young cats need to do some research on Diane Reeves...

-CTF

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Name one female artist that can work this song.

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/KlPtCv66LVg&rel=1[/flash]

BTW, no Celine? Not Bette? :rolleyes:

On a serious note, check my avatar.:dunno:

CelineDionTickets.jpg

10039369.jpg

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
:smh:at the above replies.

Its all about that Ashanti:
01-stars-ashanti-party-400a101706.jpg

Best voice I ever did hear in life...

Well, she's certainly better than Janet, and other "producer's products" of that type. You'll never hear Janet sing the "National Anthem" live anywhere.

TUNE

Support BGOL
Registered
now see i agree with most choices above, but recently I've ask several females this same question.... and I couldn't believe that they said Pink, I still can't believe that shit:smh:. Is Pink really that good of a singer? :confused:

Pink not my choice..... i was just asking

BMG

Star
Registered
let me add

barbara stiesand
whitney houston
and celine dion

i love celine dion's voice

Mentor B

"All literature is protest."
Registered
I know she just came out, but I love this woman's album. With me, it's her or Pattie Labelle.

chrisette_promo_242x300.JPG

sexylegz33

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
PATTI LABELLE #1!!!!! then Aretha Franklyn, Gladys Knight, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Minnie Ripperton.

yekwol

Banned
No one can touch this lady.
I'm so surprised. After all these years...still no one.
Aretha_Franklin_intro.JPG

Aretha Franklin, Aretha Franklin
Aretha Franklin let me rock ya let me rock ya Aretha Franklin
Let me rock ya Aretha Franklin that's all I wanna do
Aretha Franklinnnnnn

Da haahh, da haahh
Da ha-hahh ha-hahh haahh
Da haahh, da haahh
Da ha-hahh ha-hahh haahh
john%20wayne.jpg

Last edited:

Heist