BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
bf8e124128a0028bfcbd1010._AA200_.L.jpg

51ZSJJGD4PL._AA240_.jpg

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Nas @ 18 > That whole list cept for MC Lyte & Special Ed
Big L @ 18 was nicer than most of those folks.
Where is Outkast?

Maybe you meant to say most financially successful rappers under 18. Then you r list might make a lil more sense.

absorhaps

Support BGOL
Registered
c912737pabc.jpg

He has to be at least top 5..dude dropped this album at 13 in '96 and i can still listen to it all the way through, till this day.

art_8861_big.jpg

ali vegas should be on there somewhere as well

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They were all 18 or over when they signed their first record deal, and were certainly over 18 when they released their first album.

Run-D.M.C.

* Released:March 27, 1984
* Chart positions: #53 US, #14 Top R&B/Hip Hop
* Last RIAA certification: Gold
* Singles: "It's Like That", "30 Days", "Hard Times", "Rock Box"

He's right on this one although it was close. :hmm:

Run and DMC were both born in 1964 and JMJ (RIP) was born in 65.

So they were around 18 or 19 when this first came out.

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
Run and DMC were both born in 1964 and JMJ (RIP) was born in 65.

So they were around 18 or 19 when this first came out.

All were 19 when the album was released, with Run and DMC pushin' 20. Your math is a bit off. (Not really close to being under 18,)

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All were 19 when the album was released, with Run and DMC pushin' 20. Your math is a bit off. (Not really close to being under 18,)

I didn't say they were close to being under 18. JMJ was born January 21, 1965 so he had just turned 19 seeing how this album was put out in March 84.

So technically you are right. Realistically they were signed in 1983 to Rush Management and already had singles out before that. :hmm:

But I gave it to you so give up dog. :smh:

Singles
Title U.S. Hot 100 U.S. R&B Year

"It's Like That" - #15 1983

^^^
Charted in 1983. Was put out before 83? Early 83? Maybe? Shut the fuck up!

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You said it was "close." Read your own shit.

I don't need (or want) an idiot like you to "give" me anything. Just take the info (be thankful for it) and go back to your cave.

New info bitch. You got to get your google game up. It's Like That charted in 83 I'm pretty sure it didn't just hop up on the charts. :hmm:

Which would pull them a little bit closer now don't you think. :hmm:

I gave you 84 and you wouldn't take it! :smh:

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
New info bitch. You got to get your google game up. It's Like That charted in 83 I'm pretty sure it didn't just hop up on the charts. :hmm:

Which would pull them a little bit closer now don't you think.

Dumbass. Read my original response. I said they were SIGNED in '83 and their album came out in '84. I covered both angles. Either way they were still over 18. Period.

You're the one who decided to use the album release date in '84 as the barometer, in which case they definitely weren't "close" to being under 18 (which is the topic of this thread). They were 19 and 20.

:smh:

He's right on this one although it was close. :hmm:

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dumbass. Read my original response. I said they were SIGNED in '83 and their album came out in '84. Either way they were over 18. Period.

You're the one who decided to use the album release date in '84 as the barometer, in which case they weren't "close" to being under 18 (which is the topic of this thread).

Well if they were signed in 83 JMJ was 18. :hmm: And Run/DMC were just turning 19 depending on when they signed the deal. :hmm:

And I said you were right. You decided to prove how right you were dumb bitch. I give you 83 then. But that single charted in 83. I'm pretty sure it didn't come out in 83.

See the close thing was for the person who commented to you. Obviously him being a couple of months off was not worth all of this back and forth between you and me. Soooooo...fuck off.

Swizz Heat

The I'm not amused MOD
BGOL Investor
Bow Wow? Who ever thinks Bow Wow should be under the title "best rapper" regardless of question must have been born in 2001.

One of the best "Under 18" albums I ever heard was A+ Latch Key Child! A kid with a flow over Mobb Deep-ish and Wu-tang-ish beats. Track 5 (Gusto) still plays in my head. I bought his second album Hempstead High, not as good as the first but I wasn't disappointed. No other teen rappers back then even diss him, they shouldn't have!

2gsom6f.jpg

Bow Wow?:lol::hmm::lol::smh::lol::eek: Oh Lord!

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
Bow Wow? Oh Lord!

I bet you'd like him a lot better if he'd FLOPPED. Monster success always breeds hostility and historical/critical revisionism from the high and mighty. The kid blew people away when he came on the scene. If anything, he had too much going for him, and his ride has been perceived as too easy, which breeds unecessary jealousy and contempt from the protectors of the music.

Last edited:

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^
Great assholes think alike!

We'd probably like him better if he wrote his own shit, developed his own style and checked his own ego. Just my thoughts. :dunno:

LeftyLuchini

Star
Registered
cory gunnz (peter gunnz son)- signed to Death Scam. the kid is a beast!
ice cube (circa C.I.A.)
special ed.
Wise intelligenT (from PRT)- COP HIS NEW SHIT! THE DOPEST CD OUT NOW!
the youngstas-
illegal- them lil ninjas were fire.
Jamal f/ illegal- his solo shit was fire.

..AND THAT NIGGA LIL ROMEO!.

...j/k :hmm:

www.rkellyisguilty.com