Best Buy plans to stop selling physical media such as 4K/Blu-Rays & DVDs possibly as soon as end of Q1 2024

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Ubisoft executive suggests you become comfortable not owning things

Exactly, I don't see how people don't get this.

I'm going to continue buying my movies and games on disc as long as I can.

I think with so many streaming platforms now that are constantly removing content people might have finally started to realize the lack of control they really have and how it limits their options.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly, I don't see how people don't get this.

I'm going to continue buying my movies and games on disc as long as I can.

I think with so many streaming platforms now that are constantly removing content people might have finally started to realize the lack of control they really have and how it limits their options.
Man, that's why I have an external hard drive filled with docs and films & books, it's a whole universe of media.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

What will they do with the unsold physical copies? That is the question. Cause I know those items will be worth more now or in the future since this will create a whole new market of individuals looking for physical copies only

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What will they do with the unsold physical copies? That is the question. Cause I know those items will be worth more now or in the future since this will create a whole new market of individuals looking for physical copies only
They will most likely go to places like this

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ghows-TH-88a84f2b-d056-4497-8a17-bee343d00a26-591311a1.jpeg