Beef Cheek Barbacoa Enchiladas | Matty Matheson | Just A Dash | S2 EP7

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

MATTY MATHESON

784K subscribers

SUBSCRIBED

LIFE GETS HEAVY I HAVE FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS I RIDE THEM LIKE A WILD PACK OF STALLIONS SKIM THE SCUM ENJOY THE FAT SCRAP FLAVOUR OF FATTY BEEF CHEEK ENCHILADAS TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER LOVE EACH OTHER A LITTLE BIT MORE COOK FOR EACH OTHER!!!!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FOOD I HAVE THE BRAIN OF A CAT BUT I KNOW I LIKE COJITA CHEESE ON MY BEEF CHEEK ENCHILADAS!!!! FIRST JUST A DASH EPISODE OF THE NEW YEAR OUT NOW!!!! Brought to you by: Ontario Creates RECIPE BEEF CHEEK ENCHILADAS Ingredients 2 (about 12oz) beef cheeks 3 tbsp canola oil 4 cloves garlic, smashed 1 onion, sliced into 6 wedges 1 poblano pepper 2 jalapeno peppers 1 Cubanelle pepper 1 (28 oz) can mild red enchilada sauce 1L beef stock 1 tbsp dry oregano 2 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 1 10oz ball Oaxacan cheese, torn into 1 inch pieces 8-10 6inch flour tortillas Garnish Sour cream or Mexican Crema Crumbled cotija cheese Cilantro leaves Sliced green onion Shredded iceberg Lime DIRECTIONS 1. Remove silver skin from beef cheeks, and reserve scraps . 2. Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high. 3. Add in garlic and onion and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. 4. Add in the whole peppers and stir to coat with oil. 5. Pour in enchilada sauce and beef stock and stir. 6. Add in beef cheeks and scraps along with oregano, pepper and salt. 7. Bring mixture up to a boil then reduce to a low simmer. Cover with lid and cook until peppers are tender, about 1 hour. 8. Remove peppers from the pot and set aside. Cover pot and continue to cook until meat is fork tender, about another 1.5 hours. 9. Preheat oven to 375F. 10. Remove beef cheeks from the pot and set aside. 11. Increase heat to high and allow the residual liquid in the pot to reduce until thick and saucy, about 5 minutes. 12. Carefully remove skin from peppers and place the flesh of the peppers along with the onions in a bowl. Pull apart the beef cheeks and place in bowl with peppers. 13. Ladle about 1/2 cup of sauce into bowl and stir to combine. 14. Ladle enough sauce to coat the bottom of a baking dish. 15. Place a few spoonfuls of the meat and pepper filling into a tortilla and top with 2-3 pieces of the torn Queso Oaxaca. Roll up and place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. 16. Ladle about 1 cup of sauce over the centre of the rolled tortillas cover with remaining cheese pieces. 17. Bake in oven until cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes. 18. Serve enchiladas on a plate and top with sour cream, cotija, cilantro, sliced green onion, shredded iceberg and a squeeze of lime.