BATWOMAN Discussion Thread.. Javicia Leslie is new Batwoman (Update: Luke Fox is BatWing 6/8/2021) Bring on MORE Assorted White TEARS!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Who the fuck is Ryan Wilder... that name is horrible.

And she just happens to be a lesbian .... who happens to find the suit

Wouldn’t it be easier to just use the lesbian high school...

How is this going to fucking work.

The name CANNOT be real this is all smoke and mirrors

They just throwing sh*t to see what sticks

Luckily with the pandemic they got more than enough time to think of something

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I guess,Im done watching the show. How you gonna call the show Batwoman but won't have her in season 2...It doesn't make any sense..

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
So they are going the safe route and just write off Kate Kane...

The entire fucking show is based around Kate Kane and her Family...

I mean the entire fucking show!!!!!!’

How is this going to work.

@playahaitian

The entire fucking show is built around her family.

Im going to watch the episodes i missed and be done with it...

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I guess,Im done watching the show. How you gonna call the show Batwoman but won't have her in season 2...It doesn't make any sense..

I just don’t know how’s they are going to randomly insert a brand new character into the show and call her Batwoman...

Especially when the show is so tied to the character. Unlike Arrow that moved to more of an ensemble where you could have had a show with Diggle as Arrow and I would have still watched..

This show is built completely around Kate Kane.. Everything from her Sister, Half Sister, Dad, cousin BRUCE, two ex-girlfriends that are now dating, cousin Bruce’s friends son and her dads company... everything is built around her and now you start the show with a completely new character (that’s not from the comics) that lives in a fucking Van and also happens to be gay.. to be Batwoman. It makes no sense...

Especially when you are working in a Comice book universe that has already given you a easier way to fix this and create way more stories by having a multi verse version of Kate Kane who has a new look.. like how you had a multiverse version of Bruce that looks nothing like the BRUCE that you have in Batwoman.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I just don’t know how’s they are going to randomly insert a brand new character into the show and call her Batwoman...

Especially when the show is so tied to the character. Unlike Arrow that moved to more of an ensemble where you could have had a show with Diggle as Arrow and I would have still watched..

This show is built completely around Kate Kane.. Everything from her Sister, Half Sister, Dad, cousin BRUCE, two ex-girlfriends that are now dating, cousin Bruce’s friends son and her dads company... everything is built around her and now you start the show with a completely new character (that’s not from the comics) that lives in a fucking Van and also happens to be gay.. to be Batwoman. It makes no sense...

Especially when you are working in a Comice book universe that has already given you a easier way to fix this and create way more stories by having a multi verse version of Kate Kane who has a new look.. like how you had a multiverse version of Bruce that looks nothing like the BRUCE that you have in Batwoman.

Hold on...

In the history of the character in comics...

Has anyone ELSE worn the batwoman cowl for an extended period of time?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The character bteakdown sounds horrible but check this

She is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of kate

Very first word?

LIKABLE.

Thats mr. Freeze level cold

But the rest is all over the place

Former drug addict lesbian with a heart of gold who could kill you with her bare hands and steal from a starving animal

Yeah ok.

Wtf?

Hold on this b*tch loving in a van?

Down by the river?

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Scrap this season

and create a I Hate Kate documentary

Cause apparently the behind the scenes story is way better than anything WE were watching

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And ok ok ok she os going to be gay

We get it already

But don't forget

It was focusing on THAT

instead of hiring the best actress prepared to carry this series

That messed this whole thing up

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
At this rate brother @fonzerrillii eliza dushku selection seems like the PERFECT fit based on the character description

Not going to lie... I’m even more fascinated by how they are going to do this then I am about the show...

I mean they are basically going to have to work this like the first season never happened.

They did leave a way out with her dad saying that the crows are at war with Batwoman. And you have Alice obsessed with Killing the Image of Batwoman because she knows she is her sister.. so this new chick could drive Alice even crazy..

But how are you going to explain Luke.. It took that Niggas almost an entire season to just feel a little bit comfortable with Kate messing with Bruce’s technology... I can’t imagine him letting a complete fucking stranger wear the bat suit.

What do you do about Mary. I really like Mary.. so they have to keep her involved.. Luckily she provides the medical knowledge so that works.

I don’t even know what you do with her Ex. Honestly it would have made better since to make her Batwoman since you are just going to erase Kate.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not going to lie... I’m even more fascinated by how they are going to do this then I am about the show...

I mean they are basically going to have to work this like the first season never happened.

They did leave a way out with her dad saying that the crows are at war with Batwoman. And you have Alice obsessed with Killing the Image of Batwoman because she knows she is her sister.. so this new chick could drive Alice even crazy..

But how are you going to explain Luke.. It took that Niggas almost an entire season to just feel a little bit comfortable with Kate messing with Bruce’s technology... I can’t imagine him letting a complete fucking stranger wear the bat suit.

What do you do about Mary. I really like Mary.. so they have to keep her involved.. Luckily she provides the medical knowledge so that works.

I don’t even know what you do with her Ex. Honestly it would have made better since to make her Batwoman since you are just going to erase Kate.

Did you see my rotating batwoman idea?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The ONLY reason this thread is 13 pages

The only reason this show was trending

The only reason MEN

Who never watched a minute of this show

Ready to watch the season premiere like it was john wick 4 featuring Idris Elba

Is cause Rose LEFT?

now put on your producer's hat

How you manage that? Cultivate that? Maintain that?

Without losing your core audience?

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
like i said jus keep it simple ...

keep the character n jus bring in a new actress to play Kate like they did with the mom on fresh prince ...

it`s not like rose was some great actress tht people even liked so she is not gonna b missed ...

why complicate it ...:puzzled::confused: :confused:

who really gonna trip ? nobody ...n they can keep the show going in the direction it`s been going ...

shit so crazy even if they fired rose n she didnt leave n jus brought in a new kate n kept it moving nobody would care ...

thats how much nobody gives a shit about Rose .....so why go thru all the crap n risk fucking up the show ?

again jus keep it simple n switch her ass out ...n keep the character kate n jus bring in different more qualified actress... :rolleyes:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
like i said jus keep it simple ...

keep the character n jus bring in a new actress to play Kate like they did with the mom on fresh prince ...

it`s not like rose was some great actress tht people even liked so she is not gonna b missed ...

why complicate it ...:puzzled::confused: :confused:

who really gonna trip ? nobody ...n they can keep the show going in the direction it`s been going ...

shit so crazy even if they fired rose n she didnt leave n jus brought in a new kate n kept it moving nobody would care ...

thats how much nobody gives a shit about Rose .....so why go thru all the crap n risk fucking up the show ?

again jus keep it simple n switch her ass out ...n keep the character kate n jus bring in different more qualified actress... :rolleyes:

Rose got a lot a sympathy now...

She is a clinically depressed gay woman.

They aint trying to go up against that no matter the truth of the matter

I kinda understand just starting fresh

They need lean on the ensemble as much as possible now

slam

Super Moderator
Rose got a lot a sympathy now...

She is a clinically depressed gay woman.

They aint trying to go up against that no matter the truth of the matter

I kinda understand just starting fresh

They need lean on the ensemble as much as possible now

she quit bro ... i jus threw out the other scenario if she had gotten fired ...

so the fact still remains do it simple keep the kate character bring in a new actress keep it movin....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
she quit bro ... i jus threw out the other scenario if she had gotten fired ...

so the fact still remains do it simple keep the kate character bring in a new actress keep it movin....

I'm telling you after that last post Rose did with the video?

Bookmark this

There is gonna be much more revealed about this exit

They can't JUST switch her out like that

Gonna be a LGBTQ backlash tsunami

Like gays are easily replaceable

Last edited:

slam

Super Moderator
I'm telling you after that laat post sge did with the video?

Bookmark this

There is gonna be much more revealed about this exit

They can't JUST switch her out like that

Gonna be a LGBTQ backlash tsunami

Like gays are easily replaceable

bro she quit ...wht are u talking about ... I`m confused ...

they gotta move on regardless...all i`m saying it`s easier to jus keep the character Kate n jus get another actress

either way they gotta replace her....?...either a new character all together or the way i think which is jus simpler ...

whts gonna happen with the fallout later is gonna happen regardless .... i dont think u get wht i`m saying ...lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
bro she quit ...wht are u talking about ... I`m confused ...

they gotta move on regardless...all i`m saying it`s easier to jus keep the character Kate n jus get another actress

either way they gotta replace her....?...either a new character all together or the way i think which is jus simpler ...

whts gonna happen with the fallout later is gonna happen regardless .... i dont think u get wht i`m saying ...lol

I think we missing each other

Im saying they BELIEVE they can't continue with the KATE character anymore at this point

Its getting toxic

I agree with you we all do

Have someone throw acid in her face ala ala Harvey dent

Have flash mess up the time line

Etc etc etc...boom new face new kate

Of course that is the SMART THING

But NOW we see apparently it aint that simple

For some reason they feel COMPELLED to completely reboot

The only reason i can think of is fear of a backash from the gay community

Which i guess is a possibility

To create a WHOLE NEW CHARACTER is crazy

But again they HAVE TO HAVE A REASON

I think its all smoke and mirrors and we WILL have another kate kane.

Cause some homeless gay women in a van aint gonna cut it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

Batwoman Avoids Recasting Ruby Rose by Inventing New Lead Character
By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax
Photo: The CW

8b4c28a109a5c5664fedd1a1b3cb2d0fb0-ruby-rose-batwoman.rsquare.w330.jpg

Gotham will have to change its 2020 census information after all. In a reversal from an earlier confirmation that the CW would be recasting Ruby Rose’s lead character in Batwoman following her abrupt departure, the network will instead be introducing a new character that assumes the superhero title. According to a casting notice obtained by THR and Decider, the character Kate Kane, an openly gay cousin of Bruce Wayne, will be replaced by a freshly invented character who goes by the name Ryan Wilder, a 20-something woman who “is about to become Batwoman.” Her character description is as follows:
She’s likable, messy, a little goofy and untamed. She’s also nothing like Kate Kane, the woman who wore the batsuit before her. With no one in her life to keep her on track, Ryan spent years as a drug-runner, dodging the GCPD and masking her pain with bad habits. A girl who would steal milk for an alley cat could also kill you with her bare hands, Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly undisciplined. An out lesbian. Athletic. Raw. Passionate. Fallible. And very much not your stereotypical All-American hero.
In May, Rose departed Batwoman after her debut season, which was shortened by two episodes due to the coronavirus pandemic. While reports at the time characterized the decision as mutual between the network and Rose (“this was not a decision I made lightly,” she said in a statement), subsequent intel revealed that Rose was reportedly frustrated over the long hours demanded of a show lead and didn’t enjoy living in Vancouver, where Batwoman films for the majority of the year. “It wasn’t 100 percent her decision,” an industry source shared. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No.”

Update, June 7: Batwoman showrunner Julie Plec confirmed the decision to invent a new character during an interview at the ATX TV…From the Couch virtual festival. Per Deadline, Plec admitted that she initially wanted to “selfishly” recast the role “soap-opera” style, because she had already written several scripts for season two. Arrowverse executive producer Greg Berlanti, however, helped sway her decision. “He said, you know, we should just reboot the character in terms of reboot Batwoman as a different character, and also respect everything that Ruby put into the Katy Kane character,” Plec explained. “And I just think it helps the audience a little bit too, that we are not asking them to not address the elephant in the room.”
Plec also confirmed that Ryan Wilder is going to be “a whole new character,” as opposed to a code name for an existing character within the DC Universe. “She will take on the mantle,” Plec said, “and is completely maybe not the right person at the time to be doing it, so that’s what makes it fun.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Batwoman’ Showrunner On Introducing New Character Instead Of Straight Recasting Following Ruby Rose’s Exit – ATX

By Nellie Andreeva
Nellie Andreeva
Co-Editor-in-Chief, TV

June 6, 2020 11:10pm
The CW’s Batwoman will have a new lead next season following the exit of star Ruby Rose. In a conversation with fellow showrunner Julie Plec as part of ATX TV…from the Couch virtual festival, Batwoman creator/executive producer/showrunner Caroline Dries spoke of the decision to introduce a new character instead of recasting Rose’s Kate Kane, an approach regularly used in soaps where new actors step into ongoing characters all the time.

“To be honest with you, I did consider the soap opera version for a hot minute, selfishly because we had already a couple of episodes written, and transition-wise it would be seamless,” Dries said.

The Hollywood production shutdown due to the coronavirus pandemic cut short the freshman season of Batwoman, leaving a couple of finished scripts with Katy Kane unproduced. Instead, Season 2 will feature a new lead character, listed in the casting notice as Ryan Wilder, who is younger than Katy Kane, and will chronicle how she becomes Batwoman. Dries revealed how she and the other Batwoman EPs, including Greg Berlanti, reached that decision.

“Upon further reflection — and Greg helped me make this call, he is way smarter than me about this sort of stuff — he said, you know, we should just reboot the character in terms of reboot Batwoman as a different character, and also respect everything that Ruby put into the Katy Kane character. And I just think it helps the audience a little bit too, that we are not asking them to not address the elephant in the room.”

It is unclear whether Ryan is a newly created character or a code name for an existing DC character; Drias indicated that it may be a new creation.
“I’m inventing a whole new character who in her past was inspired by Batwoman, so she will take on the mantle and is completely maybe not the right person at the time to be doing it, so that’s what makes it fun.”

The plan got thumbs-up from The Vampire Diaries and Legacies executive producer/showrunner Plec who previously worked with Dries on TVD and the 2016 pilot Recon.

During the duo’s pre-recorded virtual conversation, Dries also spoke of the tough times and moments of joy involved in being a showrunner, including difficult notes calls and the gratifying testimonials from LGBTQ viewers speaking about how Batwoman has made a difference in their lives.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
It is unclear whether Ryan is a newly created character or a code name for an existing DC character; Drias indicated that it may be a new creation.
“I’m inventing a whole new character who in her past was inspired by Batwoman, so she will take on the mantle and is completely maybe not the right person at the time to be doing it, so that’s what makes it fun.”

I really hope that the Ryan name isn't a newly created character....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I really hope that the Ryan name isn't a newly created character....

Cuz...

This better be the biggest bestest fake out since they hid Lucifer and Snyder Flash appearing in Crisis.

This don't sound good.

Honestly if this thread activity is any indication?

this is the best promotion this show ever has gotten

Only problem?

Its all downhill from here if they don't delivery

The should have went all out old school

Just like Dallas

It should have been

WHERE IS KATE???

websites ads stickers tee shirts tie in comics just everywhere

WHERE IS KATE???

Would have been DOPE if for almost the WHOLE season...

She just up and disappeared

Now everyone is trying to hold it down while she gone...

Damn near everyone is either wearing the cowl or going Vigilante

Guest appearances from all the other CW stars like a crossover without doing a full crossover

This was a chance to even have Sara from Legends wear the cowl

Have her father make an armour like Gotdon did on the comics and be like a super Crow

Have Thunder and Lightning appear in Gotham helping Luke cause Gambi knew Lucious.

Joe help Kate's dad cause of the cop connection

Etc etc

THEN you introduce this wack new person if you must...

Thats the best i got

Again i hope this is all a fake out.

Cause on its face it sounds stupid.

Good luck to them.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yo this episode kinda set up her leaving so far

She has ptsd

Vigilantes take her place

Everything i was saying...