Bachelors, what is your weekly food budget and what type of food do you eat

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm single again, trying to figure things out all over. I thought I could live off of those $1.25 Totinos Party pizzas, but that shit got old after the third day. I'm trying to stack, and my food budget is the easiest thing to scrimp on. So bachelors, how much do you spend a week on food, and what kind of meals do you prepare that are simple and quick to make, and inexpensive?

pollux

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm single again, trying to figure things out all over. I thought I could live off of those $1.25 Totinos Party pizzas, but that shit got old after the third day. I'm trying to stack, and my food budget is the easiest thing to scrimp on. So bachelors, how much do you spend a week on food, and what kind of meals do you prepare that are simple and quick to make, and inexpensive?

Get three appliances: Crock-pot, microwave and Forman Grille. I go shopping about once a week. Wheat bread, chicken breast, 24 case of water, juice, apples, peanut butter, ground turkey, frozen vegetables, cereal, milk, and some type of snack. I know I'm probably forgetting some things...:lol:

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
I'm on the same shit. Balancing between eating healthy and cheap is hard. Meal planning is a good practice and it goes a long way. I try to plan 3-4 meals a week that i can eat on for a few days at a time. Spaghetti, Chilli, chicken and rice & vegetables...simple meals that you can reheat and get it in the next day. It also helps to buy meats in volume cuz you get better deals. I usually buy like 2-3 pounds of ground beef or turkey, a bag of frozen chicken breasts and or fish, and maybe a steak or something if I want to treat myself. Canned veggies like corn and beans, fresh fruits and veggies like onos and tomatoes. Pasta, rice and potatoes. You can eat well for like 40 bucks a week.

fatsack1

Rising Star
Registered
I'm on the same shit. Balancing between eating healthy and cheap is hard. Meal planning is a good practice and it goes a long way. I try to plan 3-4 meals a week that i can eat on for a few days at a time. Spaghetti, Chilli, chicken and rice & vegetables...simple meals that you can reheat and get it in the next day. It also helps to buy meats in volume cuz you get better deals. I usually buy like 2-3 pounds of ground beef or turkey, a bag of frozen chicken breasts and or fish, and maybe a steak or something if I want to treat myself. Canned veggies like corn and beans, fresh fruits and veggies like onos and tomatoes. Pasta, rice and potatoes. You can eat well for like 40 bucks a week.

this......

twiggy

Rising Star
Registered
Juvenile said it, get a fire meat special for Julio...
round here that shit comes with everything you need to survive for a month for less than $60

gameboy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
awwwwwwww,,, :(

Chefboyrgee

Support BGOL
Registered
Mack your way into a few lonely broads hearts and you will eat good every night! Borrow or get a BJ's wholesale club card and buy bulk and you will save and eat good!

Damn Right

Rising Star
Registered
I'm single again, trying to figure things out all over. I thought I could live off of those $1.25 Totinos Party pizzas, but that shit got old after the third day.

:eek: wtf?

:lol:

playboy, u about to get REAL fat if u don't fall back off THAT sheit quick like. load up on the fresh fish and chicken breasts. sheit, even cans of tuna IN WATER and not the sheit in oil. buy frozen vegetables. fruits like apples. buy bags of leafy salad. cut all that shiet high in saturated fats and high fruitrose corn syrup from your diet. and pick up generic multi-vitamins too. the store brands just as good as the big name brands. you can go to some food marts or sams clubs and get a lot of that sheit in bulk and save some loot. and don't be afraid to clip coupons my nickah! :roflmao: do an online search and get signed up for a few of them coupon sites that let you print sheit up yourself. i be in the stores SAVIN LIKE A MUTHA FUKA!

hit the gym hard and make it happen :yes:

GhostofMarcus

Star
Registered
Go to Walmart or somewhere and get yourself one of these.
VACUUM SEALER
0004889474463_300X300.jpg

Meats and etc. will last a lot longer.

IMDATDUDE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I got a monthly budget on mint.com. My groceries and fast food total up to $355. I pretty much eat spaghetti, pizza, and chicken the most. I also fuck with real fruit juice with a lot of calories in it. I'm cursed with that never can gain any weight. I have always been a skinny but cut up guy b/c I did lift like crazy in high school. I try to eat 3000 calories a day. Oh yea I don't exercise at all :smh:.

patscorpio

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i keep it simple..poultry, beef, fish, pasta, rice, veggies...foreman grill and oven....plan out meals for the week....ill say this..unless you got mad ppl living under your roof...buying in bulk is a waste seriously so dont do costco, bjs, or sams club for grocery shopping...i go to price rite..the best (and low) prices for name brand shit...i spend no more than 100-110 bucks on groceries and im good for 2 months....i travel for work on occassion thats why it works for me:cool:

Sah S!NCere

Support BGOL
Registered
40-50 per week

chicken, burgers (turkey or beef), pasta (lasagna or spaghetti), frozen foods, fruits, veggies, etc.

depends on how u eat really.

dray

Rising Star
Registered
Great thread!

Some good suggestion in here.

I'm a bachelor and lately I've been working on eating better and working out.

Gotta keep ya body onpoint.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Get you a rice cooker. Brown rice is cheap as fuck and healthy. I brought a 3lb back of chicken breast at Kroger's for 6.99 last week. Was already cut into the right size to.

The Pope

His Holiness Pope Francis
Registered
Get three appliances: Crock-pot, microwave and Forman Grille. I go shopping about once a week. Wheat bread, chicken breast, 24 case of water, juice, apples, peanut butter, ground turkey, frozen vegetables, cereal, milk, and some type of snack. I know I'm probably forgetting some things...:lol:

i need to get me a crock-pot. But yeah this is basically what I do with the exception of apples, i'm more into pineapples. but I'll usually by me $150 worth of food stamps or ebt, from my uncle for about 80-90 bucks a month and just rack up for the month. Lately I've been buying boca burgers and seasoning them and they are actually good.

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ProductImage.ashx

I've been eating three of these a day, w/ a granola bar between the first and second and the second and third. Not to mention a whole lotta water. Lost 22 pounds in 2 months.

I'd say that's like a 8.50 a day meal plan.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ProductImage.ashx

I've been eating three of these a day, w/ a granola bar between the first and second and the second and third. Not to mention a whole lotta water. Lost 22 pounds in 2 months.

I'd say that's like a 8.50 a day meal plan.

yo i lost like 20 pounds quick as hell eating those.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea man them shits work.

My homegirls keeps tryna discourage me because of all of the preservatives and shit, but you can't really argue with results.

people thought i was sick when i dropped the weight so fast:lol:
the smart choice brand ones are pretty good too.
the main thing is getting your stomach used to eating those small portions.
lately i been buying those Birds Eye bagged joints.
you put them in a pan and cover it and like ten minutes you have a decent meal.
way healthier than fast food

joeshmow

Support BGOL
Registered
Get your cold cuts on. Pound of turkey breast, pepper turkey and swiss cheese do me good for a week. Making your drinks is also helpful. I get some lime and lemons along with some brown sugar and some other sweeteners could make a banging lemon/limeade. Also boiling a big pot of tea adding some sugar and lemon could make you tea for some months. If you live in the same town as your parents, visit home twice a week and load up. I always leave they crib full with a bag of groceries and about 3 plates.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That shit doesn't really work...what it is, is that there is so little food in there that your body has no extra calories to horde.

nah that shit works.
its a normal portion,instead of the huge portions that our super sized society has become acccustomed to.

rtm862

Star
Registered
Surprises me the lack of vegetables you guys eat. I was expecting for some you to start bragging about how you're growing your own garden. Instead its lean cuisine meals. I dont know about BGOL sometimes.:smh:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
i go to the butcher and get my beef chicken and lamb like its the old days. but i get a GREAT deal per lb and i get them to cut off the extra fat on pieces.
$45 i get 4lbs each of ground beef/turkey. 1 lamb roast 1 beef roast 2 t-bones 6lbs of chicken (i only get thighs and breast)2 lamb chops and 3lbs of turkey wings
get some fish from safeway, or the warf if i really feel like going out of my way and im set.

go to safeway and pick up different pastas, rice for the long haul
get greens, cabbage, broccoli and stuff every 2 weeks.

that's the basic dynamic of a good ass meal every night.
i get canned goods from the dollar store.
and i get bread and stuff that parishes from safeway like once a week.
i have a water cooler at home so i go to safeway or rite aid and fill up my 3, 5 gallon jugs for free then take my ass home.

pretty much i guess $125 or so a month at the most but i don't even really get to eat all of that so i don't do it every single month.

for canned goods though find your dollar store
and hit up the churches that have giveaways..they give away good stuff.
and please try and find a butcher, i can't stress that enough. they look at it like you're keeping them in business so they REALLY work with you on the prices. and if you come in regular they appreciate it even more and have your stuff just like you like it. i've been doing the butcher thing for a couple years now and really all i have to do is call ahead and then go pick it up and its just how i like it...every time...same price.. no problems.
it also helps if you're trying to throw tailgate parties and stuff like that...they'll give you deals huge deals on meat.

as far as cooking. most of the time i take whatever i'm going to eat out in the morning before i leave so if it has to thaw out it will be ready to be cooked when i get home.

guess that's all i have to add to the thread

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
people thought i was sick when i dropped the weight so fast:lol:
the smart choice brand ones are pretty good too.
the main thing is getting your stomach used to eating those small portions.
lately i been buying those Birds Eye bagged joints.
you put them in a pan and cover it and like ten minutes you have a decent meal.
way healthier than fast food

I went to a steakhouse the other day and barely put a dent in my ribeye!

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Get you a rice cooker. Brown rice is cheap as fuck and healthy. I brought a 3lb back of chicken breast at Kroger's for 6.99 last week. Was already cut into the right size to.

I'm 6'1" 200 ibs. I run on the tread mill and swim at the YMCA often. Since I'm single again I'll probably try to get swole and cut up again.

A rice cooker is what's up, though. I've always wanted one. I suspect that's what Chinese restaurants use to make their rice taste good. I also like brown rice, because it tastes good and is good for you.

I've seen those frozen chicken breasts at Wal-mart. I never bought them, though, because the fresh chicken breasts are usually only $2.00, or so, more. But I guess that $2.00 could go towards something else. Fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive.

Apples are damn near $1.00 each. And I could easy spend $20.00 on a salad--lettuce, spinach, a bag of broccoli, baby carrots, and cauliflower; tomatoes, green, red, and yellow peppers. But, by myself, such a salad would probably go bad before I had a chance to finish it. I don't know, I guess I need to research some alternatives.

I guess I'll start off trying to only spend $35 a week on groceries, and see how that goes.

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
how do these taste?

The glazed chicken is great. The other ones are pretty average. But I can eat the glazed chicken everyday and not get tired of it.

Its like JohnDoe said, you just gotta get used to the small portions.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
If you have an Aldi's inyour area hit them up. Real easy to get a gang of food for a moderate budget.