Authentic Carne Asada

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Authentic Carne Asada

Marinated flank steak is grilled to perfection for the best Authentic Carne Asada. This tender, grilled meat is full of authentic Mexican flavor.

I’ve lived in Southern California for a good 1/3 of my life. Being so close to Mexico you get spoiled with a lot of really great Baja Mexican style food. We’ve been in Utah long enough that I needed to pay homage to our close-to-Mexico roots with some authentic carne asada. When I realized I have never shared the recipe….well, you are welcome. Carne Asada is all about the marinade. Take a nice piece of steak, marinate it with some delicious flavors, and then plop that sucker on the grill for a flavorful piece of beef you can eat plain, on a taco, burrito, or anything else you can think of.

Be sure to watch the video to see just how to make this recipe.

Authentic Carne Asada
5.0 from 6 reviews
Authentic Carne Asada

Authentic%2BCarne%2BAsada%2BSquare.jpg

Print
Prep time
2 hours
Cook Time
20 mins
Time to Make It
2 hours 20 mins

Author: Rachel Farnsworth
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
Ingredients
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 4 cloves garlic, crushed
  • ½ cup orange juice
  • 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 1 jalapeno, minced
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 (2 pound) flank steak

Instructions
Report this ad

1. In a gallon size resealable bag, combine lime juice, crushed garlic, orange juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, olive oil, jalapeno, and vinegar. Squeeze it around to mix it up.
  2. Put the entire flank steak into the resealable bag. Seal it up tight. Make sure all the meat is exposed to the marinade, squishing the bag around to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
  3. Heat an outdoor grill to high heat.
  4. Remove the flank steak from the marinade, and discard excess marinade. Cook on the grill for 7 to 10 minutes per side.
  5. Once done, remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes. Slice against the grain, and serve.