<font size="4">Or, rather, who is Edmond J. Wall</font size></center>

edmund_wall.jpg

Edmond J. Wall

MARTA chairman arrested for public indecency
Was receiving oral sex from another man in airport restroom, police say

By RHONDA COOK
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/14/07

The chairman of the MARTA board was charged with public indecency after receiving oral sex from another man in a restroom at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, according to an Atlanta police report.

Edmond J. Wall, 43, met a 25-year-old man from Indianapolis in a public restroom Tuesday evening and then moved to another airport restroom, the report says.

The second bathroom was closed so they went to an airport restaurant restroom, but left open the door to the handicapped stall and were seen by an undercover police officer.

As the other man, Michael R. Pettry, was being arrested, <u>Wall continued to fondle himself</u>, making no effort to conceal his actions, the report said.

Wall and Pettry were both charged with public indecency.

In just one month earlier this year, Atlanta Police arrested 11 men on indecency charges at the Atlanta airport, according to WSB-TV.

Many of the men set up their encounters after meeting on the Internet site, Craig's List, and the airport bathrooms are popular meeting spots.

MARTA vowed to support Wall.

Spokeswoman Joselyn Baker said, "Our chairman has assured us of his innocence and we will stand behind him as he deals with this matter."

Wall's lawyer, Steve Sadow, said his client will fight the charge.

"He is innocent and did not commit any crime. This false and malicious allegation is a direct affront to Chairman Wall's good reputation, and he intends to vigorously defend himself both in the court of law and the court of public opinion," Sadow said.

Wall was appointed to the MARTA board in 2002 by DeKalb County CEO Vernon Jones.

Born and raised in Gordon, Georgia, Wall, married and a father of three, is in the brokerage business with Knox Wall & Company, which he co-founded in 1996.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2007/03/14/0314martachairman.html

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
I'm not surprised. There are so many perverts in this so-called "Bible Belt".

Thanks for the article, Que.

VegasGuy

Star
OG Investor
femmenoire said:
I'm not surprised. There are so many perverts in this so-called "Bible Belt".
Best place for perverts to hide.

But QueEx? Whats up with the fags doing fags story? Slow news day?

-VG

Lurkch

Potential Star
Registered
So wait i'm subsidizing the lifestyle of this man

i demand my next marta card be free of charge

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
No wonder old ladies are getting raped on Marta lines.

All he has to do is claim homo and half the town will run to his rescue.

Don't tell me Bill Campbell wasn't classy :lol:

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Holy Crap. Thats kinda scarry. Gives new meaning to "The Worlds Busiest Airport"

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="5"><center>MARTA chairman steps down amid sex charges</font size></center>

By PAUL DONSKY
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 03/16/07

MARTA board chairman Ed Wall has temporarily stepped down from his leadership post, following allegations that he had oral sex in a Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport restroom.

Wall, 43, a twice-married father of three, plans to remain on the board as he faces charges of public indecency.

"MARTA's board and staff must be able to focus on their customers and their business," Wall said in a statement released late Friday night.

"And at this time, I need to be able to focus on proving my innocence against the charges made against me earlier this week."

Wall delivered the news Friday night in a phone call to MARTA board vice chairman the Rev. Walter Kimbrough.

Kimbrough called it a "sad day" for MARTA as well as Wall and his family.

"I keep him lifted in prayer, and sense this is a decision embraced by integrity, seeking to do what is best for MARTA, so we can be about our business in serving the people," Kimbrough said in a telephone interview with the Journal-Constituiton Friday night.

Wall was arrested Tuesday after an undercover officer said he saw Wall and another man, 24-year-old Michael Pettry of Indianapolis, have sex in a bathroom stall. The two men allegedly met on craigslist, a free Internet classified ad service.

Kimbrough said Wall's arrest has been a huge distraction and that Wall's decision to step aside should help the transit system return its focus.

"It's very difficult to be able to do your work in an effective way when you're operating under such a thick cloud," he said.

Wall's troubles have been a setback for MARTA. Wall has been an aggressive advocate for the transit system, working intensely behind the scenes to repair the transit system's image.

He helped soothe relations with critics in the state Legislature that led to the passage of a bill that has given MARTA greater flexibility over how it spends its money.

Wall has also been working to position MARTA to be the future operator of the Beltline trolley, and is pushing for a sales tax extension that could fund a major expansion of the transit system, including a long-sought bus rapid transit line on I-20 between downtown Atlanta and Stonecrest Mall.

Wall, a managing director with Knox Wall, an Atlanta firm that sells public bonds for state and local agencies, was appointed to the MARTA board in 2002 by DeKalb county CEO Vernon Jones. He was in his second year as board chairman.

With his trademark bow tie and good-ol'-boy drawl, Wall was a well-known fixture in local political circles. He served on the Atlanta Regional Commission as a citizen member and has been a member of the regional Transit Planning Board alongside such as Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin.

Wall recently helped select DeKalb County's new police chief, an indication of his policital clout and his close relationship with Jones, the DeKalb CEO.

Staff writer Jeffry Scott contributed to this article.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2007/03/16/0317wallweb.html