Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

I'm working on the end rif of that song

HyA5Mg.jpg

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
VERY good lesson.
Also, interesting setup the dude has for his Telecaster. Looks like he has a soapbar for the neck pickup and a humbucker for the bridge.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
@respiration

HEY RES, I HAD NO IDEA YOU CAN USE STOMPBOXES ON A SAXOPHONE :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED ON MINE

kKGEHy.jpg

That was nice. The first harmonizer pedal, I really liked with that sax and the envelope filter too. Yeah, man. You can use stompboxes with ANY melodic instrument including the human voice.

I think you're gonna dig this video here. Young bro is coming up in the world!

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
That was nice. The first harmonizer pedal, I really liked with that sax and the envelope filter too. Yeah, man. You can use stompboxes with ANY melodic instrument including the human voice.

I think you're gonna dig this video here. Young bro is coming up in the world!

I love improvising on the fretboard. It inspires my song writing and rhythm cadence. On another note he gotta be hot playing with all that shit on!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BeejPx.jpg

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I love improvising on the fretboard. It inspires my song writing and rhythm cadence. On another note he gotta be hot playing with all that shit on!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BeejPx.jpg
Man, I love basses. I love bass guitars and I love the upright bass. Something warm and intimate about basses. It's like speaking with another voice when you play it by itself. I'm no bass virtuoso, but I do have enough giftedness and enough of an ear to naturally improv and make it do what I want it to do for the most part (good thing shredding isn't what I want to do for the most part lol). Next year, I'm gonna have me an upright. Not one of those skeletal plasticky looking ones either- but an actual bass violin.

I'm really glad you're finding inspiration. Yeah man Mono Neon is unique. He's advanced recently to covering his whole face with kind of a knit mask. :lol:

Recently I've been doing a lot of learning and experimentation with sampling, creating samples, minimalism and ambience.

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
@respiration Oh, forgot to tell you, I got the Midi Keylab. What happened was they're discontinuing the black color. I don't know why. I was able to find one. When it comes, I'm gonna create a anyone play a piano thread. I'm still gonna get the Yamaha Clavinova as well, but I had to jump on this now cause I don't like the white one and wanted to make sure I got it in black.

Screenshot-20221102-204528.jpg

pEisUe.jpg

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
@respiration Oh, forgot to tell you, I got the Midi Keylab. What happened was they're discontinuing the black color. I don't know why. I was able to find one. When it comes, I'm gonna create a anyone play a piano thread. I'm still gonna get the Yamaha Clavinova as well, but I had to jump on this now cause I don't like the white one and wanted to make sure I got it in black.

Screenshot-20221102-204528.jpg

pEisUe.jpg
First of all, congratulations on your purchase. I didn't know they were discontinuing the black ones. Good thing you were able to find one. The black one is beautiful with that woodgrain on the sides.

Ironically, if I were getting one, I'd go for the white one lol. I suppose just because all my other keyboards and pianos have been either black or dark grey.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Here's a great video that applies to guitars as well as basses.

How to cure severe GAS.

Good video. I'm never, EVER buying used equipment. Fuck dat. I'm financially stable enough to buy what I want brand new. I always do extensive research including seeing what other musicians I like play. That's the best bet. I never, EVER SETTLE FOR SHIT. If i want it, I'm gonna save to get it. I feel like a total failure not buying what i truly want. Of course I do have a limit for things, but if its $6,000 and I like the reviews of it doing my extensive research, the muthafucka getting got. :itsawrap: I feel as though you lose money upgrading later on down the line when you could have saved up. A lot of people don't know how to plan and save. Of course I can buy cheaper gear and practice and get better. But eventually I'm gonna wanna upgrade. And I'll lose out on what I spent on that cheap shit. I just think different. You only live once. Do your research to ensure this particular gear will be able to do what you want to do and go get the muthafucka. :yes: If I had a choice I'd rather be great on some premium shit.

sXYmEt.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
First of all, congratulations on your purchase. I didn't know they were discontinuing the black ones. Good thing you were able to find one. The black one is beautiful with that woodgrain on the sides.

Ironically, if I were getting one, I'd go for the white one lol. I suppose just because all my other keyboards and pianos have been either black or dark grey.
Yeah. Only reason I wouldn't go with white is my studio is gonna be Steelers black and gold. My desk will be natural oak and I'm gonna stain in Steelers gold. So that would look much better with the black keyboard. On occasion Iike to check on the music products on my list from time to time to see about any price changes and the availability, any potential upgrades. Good thing I did. These are going pretty quickly. And once they're gone that's it. They're still making the white ones though.

0pE424.jpg

Last edited:

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Good video. I'm never, EVER buying used equipment. Fuck dat. I'm financially stable enough to buy what I want brand new. I always do extensive research including seeing what other musicians I like play. That's the best bet. I never, EVER SETTLE FOR SHIT. If i want it, I'm gonna save to get it. I feel like a total failure not buying what i truly want. Of course I do have a limit for things, but if its $6,000 and I like the reviews of it doing my extensive research, the muthafucka getting got. :itsawrap: I feel as though you lose money upgrading later on down the line when you could have saved up. A lot of people don't know how to plan and save. Of course I can buy cheaper gear and practice and get better. But eventually I'm gonna wanna upgrade. And I'll lose out on what I spent on that cheap shit. I just think different. You only live once. Do your research to ensure this particular gear will be able to do what you want to do and go get the muthafucka. :yes: If I had a choice I'd rather be great on some premium shit.

sXYmEt.jpg
All due respect to your methodology. If it works for you, then that's what's up! You have no argument from me, good brother. Let the video stand as a testimony to those who need it.

Per the video, as anything guitar related goes, I'm definitely invested in trying it out in my hands first.

For me? Most of my guitars were bought new. I have a few used pieces of gear that I either bought or somehow acquired. There are some older model guitars I'm interested in that I know I will not be able to get new so I have no problem getting them used and in great condition. As far as an upright bass goes, a brand new one doesn't interest me. I want to get an old used one in good condition- a bit of wear on it, just because it would be like the one I learned on so many years ago. Good nostalgia. And I like the idea of it having some history on it already.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah. Only reason I wouldn't go with white is my studio is gonna be Steelers black and gold. My desk will be natural oak and I'm gonna stain in Steelers gold. So that would look much better with the black keyboard. On occasion Iike to check on the music products on my list from time to time to see about any price changes and the availability, any potential upgrades. Good thing I did. These are going pretty quickly. And once they're gone that's it. They're still making the white ones though.

0pE424.jpg
From the furniture you posted, I figured that would be the reason for your color choice. your setup's gonna look great.

Yeah it's good to check for availability and price changes. Sweetwater and Reverb are always good options.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
From the furniture you posted, I figured that would be the reason for your color choice. your setup's gonna look great.

Yeah it's good to check for availability and price changes. Sweetwater and Reverb are always good options.
Reverb is very good your right. Can't wait to start playing piano. I have to get my baseline together for my second song. It's using Cmaj7 and Dmaj7

gfI5nL.jpg

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Res, you got any suggestions for a studio desk. I want the Outpost Platform desk. But they are taking forever to restock them I need someone that holds an 88 key keyboard

zzgGt0.jpg
Not offhand, I don't have any suggestions on that, but I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I run across anything good.

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
was watching a vid earlier that had freebird on it so i got caught in a guitar loop
so u'm gonna leave some shit right here
get a buzz first though

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
this belongs here

Coincidentally, I watched that last week. Great vid. I subscribed to youngblood.

I had a similar experience to him. I heard Hendrix was supposed to be so amazing and legendary on guitar, but hadn't really heard but a couple songs by him.

One day when I was about 18, I had my radio in the bathroom while I was shaving. It was on the classic rock station and I was listening to a slow blues. The guitarist was soloing and was incredible. Bluesy as hell but also virtuosic. Emotional and passionate. Hitting all the right notes the right way. Bursts of speed high and low on the neck. String bending that sounded like a woman moaning. When the song went off, the DJ said, "that was a live version of 'Bleeding Heart' by Jimi Hendrix."

That was when I knew the hype was more than just hype. And thus began my journey of learning about the genius named Jimi.