Anyone Know How to Tamper With an Electric Meter?

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Tired of Paying $350 Dollars a Month, Fuck the Electric Company
I had a Dude and I guess He got bagged cause his phone is cut off
Had my Bill at $50 a Month

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

KoffeeHobson

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I work for the power company and they catch a lot of people. Most of the meter can break down your bill on an hourly basis and you can see what you are using and figure out what’s using so much electric. You could also do a high bill complaint and have them come out and test your meter to see if it’s working right. I wouldn’t mess with the meter though.

sinsay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Had a friend who didn’t pay his electric bill at all and every couple months it’d get cut off and he’d call crackhead Carl over to reconnect it for $30. This was like 10 years ago though so I’m sure they’ve introduced some type of wireless readings for the pole connections.

Eventually he had to pay the bill when he moved and that shit was like $15k.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Had a friend who didn’t pay his electric bill at all and every couple months it’d get cut off and he’d call crackhead Carl over to reconnect it for $30. This was like 10 years ago though so I’m sure they’ve introduced some type of wireless readings for the pole connections.

Eventually he had to pay the bill when he moved and that shit was like $15k.

How did he pay it? I don't imagine someone getting electricity via crackhead Carl having $15k just sitting around.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had a Dude and I guess He got bagged cause his phone is cut off
Had my Bill at $50 a Month

Bruh, I spent 28yrs working for a utility company.. These new meters are tamper proof!! Do you live in a all electrics house or a condo?? There's a lot of things you can do to lower your bill..

jdubbs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I work for a utility too..my coworkers hurt people feelings all the time. People that steal power or leave their pits at the fence by the meter so you can't disconnect them. You do that, after a while, we'll find out and cut you off at the pole going to your house. And it's like a stack to reconnect you after all that. It's not worth it. Best bet is to get on a budget plan and keep it moving. There's no way around it if you get disconnected at the transformer on the pole.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Bruh, I spent 28yrs working for a utility company.. These new meters are tamper proof!! Do you live in a all electrics house or a condo?? There's a lot of things you can do to lower your bill..

I have a house.
Nah, there ain't no way to lower my bill when you have kids with no regard for anything
My damn son leaves shit on, His computer all night, air purifier, lights...you name it.
I'm just pissed the shit is so high. I feel like I'm being ripped off

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a house.
Nah, there ain't no way to lower my bill when you have kids with no regard for anything
My damn son leaves shit on, His computer all night, air purifier, lights...you name it.

Until you get your kids on your team. Try LED lights, they cost a little bit, but helps. I used motion sensor light switch, if no movement it shuts the light off in that area.. Oh yeah, the lowest lights possible.. The kids won't like it but they will adapt..

Bruh, I feel your pain with kids and lights..

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kids...

Small appliances, tv's, computers, lights being left on, fans, washing clothes during peak periods, just to name a few of the energy suckers indoor home. Look at the amp draw of your electronics when they are not in use.

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's actually quite possible if you know what is being used to broadcast your usage. THE LTE devices report the usage audits in 24hr intervals. If you knew the equipment, theoretically, you could route the usage to a dummy static IP that would be set up to broadcast minimal usage.

Just theory-crafting though.

Raeeb7

Rising Star
Registered
Pull the meter out of the meter base and pull the plastic covers off and put it back in upside down. When they cut you off all they do is put plastic covers over the male prongs on ya meter and stick the meter back in the base and put a red tag on it.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This use to me my man's hustle in college. He worked for DTE during the day but would have me drive him back to places to illegally cut folks shit on when he was off

Yeah, those days are almost over.. They can shut off ur power from the headquarters miles away.. But, I know what ur talking about..

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These new boxes no I don't but I used too or knew someone that did.....

Y’all niggas are zero help at all
I know they are including myself,things have changed and about time I needed to learn something it was on it's way out.

I'm not fucking around with nothing electric or with anything I'm renting that them people own like the meter boxes cause they will go back and charge you for it....I like lights and using my stove.

sinsay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How did he pay it? I don't imagine someone getting electricity via crackhead Carl having $15k just sitting around.

Crazy thing is that he made solid money...single, no kids, made around 60k a year. He lost his job for a while and stopped paying the bill. He got disconnected, somebody put him on to a guy who knew how to reconnect power and that's how it started. He got a new job and when he found out they charged him each time they had to come back and disco after an illegal reconnect, he just continued to not pay the bill. Eventually when he had to pay, they let him put down like a stack and then start a payment plan where they added an extra hundred or 2 to the bill.

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
I have a house.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Most places they are now connected via LTE. they'll know immediately if you tamper with it.
Yeah, most houses have smart meters these days and they control the power remotely...no more having to send out somebody to shut you down.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor

Spill the beans

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You pay $350 a month? I charge my car everyday and my bill is barely $120. I anticipate a crazy bill because I’m now running a couple air conditioners.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have a house.
Solar. Tesla