Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bushmon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Happy New Year to the family. Wishing blessings and profits for 2021.
I can’t express enough my gratefulness to this thread. I cashed out My Fidelity Robo account in early December. I spread my portfolio over Gold, Bonds, and ETFs. My only mistake was investing 20% of my portfolio on PFE, AZN, and MRNA. Yeah I bought the vaccine hype. Costly learning curve. My MRNA went to 40% gains but I didn’t cash out. I am now back to 18%.
Question:
1. Is this a good rule to follow: capturing gains of 20 - 25% and selling off at a 8 - 10% lost.
2. Does this rule also apply to ETF’s.
Again new to the game but a 2.8% gain on my portfolio in a month got a nigga open.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Greetings Bros. Most of the time, we talk about trades that we've been in... Always past tense. I'm going to try something new. I'm going to talk about a trade that I'm going to enter into tomorrow (01/08/21). That way everyone can see what's happening live, and we can discuss it here.

I welcome ideas as to why this trade looks good. And, I also welcome ideas as to why this trades looks bad. I think it's a good trade. I'm willing to put my money behind it. I'm hoping that we will all learn something from this.

Here are the particulars. And yes I know how BGOL can be; and I may get Ocked if it goes bad. Fuck it!

Here we go:
1) UBS is trading at $15.54.
2) It hit a high today of $15.61.
3) The average volume for this stock is 2.85 million shares.
4) The volume today was 4.61 million shares.
5) This is going to be a Swing Trade.
6) My goal is capture between 10% - 20%... Then I'm out.
7) I'm going to place a Trailing-Stop at -7%. That's at $14.51 (I'm giving it some wiggle room to fluctuate).
8) I'm buying two "Lots" (that's 200 shares for newbies)
9) If it starts to run up, I'll remove the trailing-stop and replace it with a regular stop, then move it up in small increments, so I can retain most of the gains.

There it is...

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Greetings Bros. Most of the time, we talk about trades that we've been in... Always past tense. I'm going to try something new. I'm going to talk about a trade that I'm going to enter into tomorrow (01/08/21). That way everyone can see what's happening live, and we can discuss it here.

I welcome ideas as to why this trade looks good. And, I also welcome ideas as to why this trades looks bad. I think it's a good trade. I'm willing to put my money behind it. I'm hoping that we will all learn something from this.

Here are the particulars. And yes I know how BGOL can be; and I may get Ocked if it goes bad. Fuck it!

Here we go:
7) I'm going to place a Trailing-Stop at -7%. That's at $14.51 (I'm giving it some wiggle room to fluctuate).
9) If it starts to run up, I'll remove the trailing-stop and replace it with a regular stop, then move it up in small increments, so I can retain most of the gains.

There it is...

Interested to see where this goes. I did a very little bit of research on UBS a few months back but couldn't get a hold of the pricing and movement (or lack thereof). But it looks like its been creeping up the past several weeks..

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
tz1u2PS.png

Keep your eye on HYLN, they may be in position to start making moves. If the buyers come in on this news, the squeeze will be a thing of beauty.

AUSTIN, Texas --(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Hyliion Holdings Corp. (NYSE: HYLN) (“Hyliion”), a leader in electrified powertrain solutions for Class 8 commercial vehicles, today announced the successful exercise of the Public Warrants that expired on December 30, 2020 .
Transaction Highlights:
Approximately $142 million in cash proceeds received upon exercise of Public Warrants for approximately 12.5 million shares of Common Stock
Over 98.5% of the Public Warrants exercised prior to expiration
“The successful exercise of these warrants and resulting capital raised allows Hyliion to accelerate its investment in technology, talent and infrastructure towards achieving the company’s mission,” said Thomas Healy , Hyliion’s Chief Executive Officer. “This incremental capital allows us to pursue additional partnerships and M&A activity that we may not have considered previously.”

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered

Here we go:

There it is...

Why remove the trailing stop?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
SRPT
Follow
33.99K followers
Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. : 168.95
2.50 (+1.50%)
3:59 PM 01/07/21

NASDAQ | Post-Market: $78.40 [ -90.55 (-53.60%)5:26 PM ]

Hoe lee smokes what happened here??
The vultures are circling with the short sell button ready to go. Could go down 75%

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Why remove the trailing stop?
Because the trailing-stop will trail at a predetermined level. If I set it at -7% that's where it will stay as long as the stocks are moving up... So if I get stopped out during a run up, I could potentially lose some of the profits that were gained while it was running. I'm trying to capture every penny.

I'd rather get stopped out at -1%, than to get stopped out at -7%. If I put on a -1% stop initially, I run the risk of getting stopped out at the beginning of the trade because of fluctuations or gaps. I hope that makes sense.

Young Sir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because the trailing-stop will trail at a predetermined level. If I set it at -7% that's where it will stay as long as the stocks are moving up... So if I get stopped out during a run up, I could potentially lose some of the profits that were gained while it was running. I'm trying to capture every penny.

I'd rather get stopped out at -1%, than to get stopped out at -7%. If I put on a -1% stop initially, I run the risk of getting stopped out at the beginning of the trade because of fluctuations or gaps. I hope that makes sense.

what broker are you using?

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dude, the day tesla comes crashing down, there is gonna be a lot of weeping and wailing and gnashing. it is way over valued
Lol that's the thing...it won't crash. It might dip but it always gets bought back. It's not a car company it's a data company. Gas cars are finished out here. Look at all the states saying has vehicles are done. Biden is all about EV and clean energy. The writing is on the wall like square with digital money. I would say tesla is undervalued. It's trading at about 3500 pre split and EV is still in it's early stages.

Young Sir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol that's the thing...it won't crash. It might dip but it always gets bought back. It's not a car company it's a data company. Gas cars are finished out here. Look at all the states saying has vehicles are done. Biden is all about EV and clean energy. The writing is on the wall like square with digital money. I would say tesla is undervalued. It's trading at about 3500 pre split and EV is still in it's early stages.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn... That sucks.

I think a lot of times, we'll take a position expecting a stock to move. But when it doesn't, we tend to get nervous (I know I did anyway). But if the company makes sense, we have to have patience. Unfortunately, it may take a year or two to manifest.

I have a long position in the stock IDEX. I was nervous because it was in the losing column for a minute. But, I've felt that their business model made sense. Now, it looks like it's getting ready to go. When it does, I'm going to look like a genius. But, people won't know about my apprehension in the past with this stock.

I'm talking long-term holds, here... Not trading.
I dipped my toe into it about 6 months ago and was up pretty good. I went all in like 1 month ago and the shit started dipping like 2/3 days later and I was down like 30k like yesterday, and today, big turnaround. Up like 10k from it. Could have taken a 30k hit if I wasn't patient.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Just started watching Chris Sain's vids. That investing 125 shares is something I've never done before. Thanks for putting me up on dude.

I enjoy him most of the time. Sometimes he get me popping different ideas. Including the 125.. but remember he said if you cant get 125 get 25 and work your way to 50 shares... i have a friend of mines him n his sister share an account and their strategy is when they purchase a stock they get to 5000$ and move on to the next investment.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
fuckin
Word up...

On Monday I did what I mentioned previously and flipped my PLUG holdings and profits into QCLN. PLUG was doing work, but QCLN holds a little bit of PLUG and too many other good Green Energy and EV plays to pass up for broad exposure to the sector and to reduce my risk medium term. I was able to buy during a little bit of a pull back and today it was up as well :cheers:
yeah PLUG pull a surprising uptick ! it was a good day

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered

I get it. You are going to change the trailing stop %. I thought you meant you were going to just do a limit sell.