Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just my perspective... more like the initial offering... or less... they do have some big boys on the block invested in them.. ford n amazon... or just wait for the first earning report n make a judgment call from there... i mean this ev space is getting really crowded very quickly... just my 2 cent
The Ford partnership is dead now

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Long ass post that details some steps we all should be taking prior to year-end

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Popped back in real quick.....

VGT still doing what it do for me. Still Apple, MSFT long.

Still holding Sq Im crazy and that wont go anywhere....

Wish I got rid of Draftkings when it was least $50 Ive been in since the 20s so Im still up but I thought would hit $100

Rest of the account as expected.

Not sure if I talked about covered calls here but I have a nice position in GNUS. When it pops I get a nice premium and right now its like 1.36 a share. If you are familiar with selling covered calls you can make a mint and if you know this stock it will go kaboom every 2/3 months. I've rode it up and cleared 10k plus and then just jump back in when its down. Also the last little pop I made like 3k in just covered calls in 2 weeks. I do have good chunk and Im at 1.65 a share. I may buy down cause its killing my overall gains in my portfolio. BUT, when it shoots back up $2-$3 will make model 3 money off it ;)

PS I did get in COIN at like $285 and had nice margin so thats nice too
Ayy man tell me a little more about those GNUS covered calls... I'm sitting in 500 share, been sitting on them since that first pop back in June 2020... That $12 rise scarred me cause i didn't take my profit, so since then my sub $1 avg has just been sitting in my account... I definitely want to make those shares do some more work for me...

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ayy man tell me a little more about those GNUS covered calls... I'm sitting in 500 share, been sitting on them since that first pop back in June 2020... That $12 rise scarred me cause i didn't take my profit, so since then my sub $1 avg has just been sitting in my account... I definitely want to make those shares do some more work for me...

I would suggest looking at some YouTube videos so you get a basic understanding on how they work. We can chop it up after but if your average cost is under $1 you could make decent bread doing. I’m at 1.65 so it’s gotten harder to do weekly ones. I have to move out 2-3 weeks.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would suggest looking at some YouTube videos so you get a basic understanding on how they work. We can chop it up after but if your average cost is under $1 you could make decent bread doing. I’m at 1.65 so it’s gotten harder to do weekly ones. I have to move out 2-3 weeks.
Oh I'm familiar with covereds, flip them frequently with MVIS & PLTR - was just curious on specifically what you started with GNUS was, but it's all good tho...

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Oh I'm familiar with covereds, flip them frequently with MVIS & PLTR - was just curious on specifically what you started with GNUS was, but it's all good tho...
What you can do with stocks like GNUS, is wait until it gets a nice jump in volume/price then take advantage of the higher premiums to sell calls a few months out. Once the hype dies down and the premiums tank, buy it back cheap. Rinse and repeat.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What you can do with stocks like GNUS, is wait until it gets a nice jump in volume/price then take advantage of the higher premiums to sell calls a few months out. Once the hype dies down and the premiums tank, buy it back cheap. Rinse and repeat.

Hit me up pm for specifics, he explained perfectly and I don’t know what info you are looking for.

Now personally I don’t normally buy them back, I just do 1-2 weeks out and collect the premium. If they were to snatched it wouldn’t matter to me because I know the stock so well. It’s gonna pop and go back down. So I could just buy back. I have enough invested that the next pop I’ll probably sell out if I can understand how much I'll owe in taxes and if it makes sense.

This last pop I made great money but again I have a nice position

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hit me up pm for specifics, he explained perfectly and I don’t know what info you are looking for.

Now personally I don’t normally buy them back, I just do 1-2 weeks out and collect the premium. If they were to snatched it wouldn’t matter to me because I know the stock so well. It’s gonna pop and go back down. So I could just buy back. I have enough invested that the next pop I’ll probably sell out if I can understand how much I'll owe in taxes and if it makes sense.

This last pop I made great money but again I have a nice position
Preciate y'all feedback... The low premiums always kept me from selling the calls... Mostly didn't want to lose the shares if they were executed - not to fond of losing my avg... The reward wasn't/is not worth that risk as of yet

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Preciate y'all feedback... The low premiums always kept me from selling the calls... Mostly didn't want to lose the shares if they were executed - not to fond of losing my avg... The reward wasn't/is not worth that risk as of yet

What’s your average?

Thing is I made it part of my strategy let’s just say I have over $$$$$ shares. So .03 gives me a nice weeks salary.. and this stock will go up and down it’s not like apple or those blue chips. Fam you can cake up if you have enough of these. It’s not always consistent but it’s like if they get pulled away and I get the premium which in my case can be 500-3k and the different between 1.65 and $2. If you do the math it’s a 20k come up

PS I would not play this game until you have your long term positions on lock. And or play play money

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What’s your average?

Thing is I made it part of my strategy let’s just say I have over $$$$$ shares. So .03 gives me a nice weeks salary.. and this stock will go up and down it’s not like apple or those blue chips. Fam you can cake up if you have enough of these. It’s not always consistent but it’s like if they get pulled away and I get the premium which in my case can be 500-3k and the different between 1.65 and $2. If you do the math it’s a 20k come up

PS I would not play this game until you have your long term positions on lock. And or play play money
.66¢ avg... Yeah I should've loaded up when I had the chance :smh: , but it was just a small dip I played hence only 500shares... Not enough shares for me to make some real moves, in my opinion... At least not yet... But in regards to your situation, you winning and that's what's up - power to you on that...

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
.66¢ avg... Yeah I should've loaded up when I had the chance :smh: , but it was just a small dip I played hence only 500shares... Not enough shares for me to make some real moves, in my opinion... At least not yet... But in regards to your situation, you winning and that's what's up - power to you on that...

Yoooooo bro if I had them at .66 I would have been going nuts!

Cause I cashed out half and made a nice piece took half of that and when dropped got back in.

Bro you have room to buy more and still play a nice win/win game. I mean you can do cc at 1.50 and still come up. Gnus is not a forever stock for me, it’s not exactly for this purpose.

And yea need like 10k would be nice. Just think right now you could get .02 right now for a 1.5 covered call for next week. I mean it would bring you $200 for nothing. If it sold you would get that $200 plus 13,400 in profit.... Feel me?

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Panicking too much, i mean seriously.

34,792.81 -1,049.57 (-2.83%)

07e70-tradingplaces_4.jpg

DOW FALLS 1,000 POINTS ON NEW COVID FEARS, WORST DROP OF 2021
PUBLISHED THU, NOV 25 202110:37 PM ESTUPDATED 6 MIN AGO

Last edited: