Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Does anyone know wassup with Dell stock. It has dropped 50% in premarket.
ROUND ROCK, Texas , Nov. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Dell Technologies (NYSE: DELL) has completed the spin-off of its 81% equity ownership of VMware Inc. The spin-off was completed through a special dividend of 30,678,605 shares of VMware Class A Common Stock and 307,221,836 shares of VMware Class B Common Stock distributed to Dell's stockholders of record as of 5:00 p.m. ET on October 29, 2021 . Each share of VMware Class B Common Stock was converted into one share of VMware Class A Common Stock in connection with the distribution and prior to the receipt by Dell's stockholders of such shares. Dell stockholders will receive cash in lieu of any fractional shares of VMware Class A Common Stock. The spin-off creates two standalone companies positioned for growth in the data era.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Vmware is a good product, not so sure about dell.

Dell announced that the final distribution ratio for the special dividend of its shares of VMware Class A common stock and Class B common stock to Dell Technologies stockholders is .440626, meaning each Dell shareholder gets roughly 0.44 shares of VMware.

Dell shareholders are receiving 0.44 of a share of VMware Class A common stock for each share of Dell Technologies common stock held as of 5p.m. on Oct. 29, according to a Dell filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Oct. 29.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Vmware is a good product, not so sure about dell.

Dell announced that the final distribution ratio for the special dividend of its shares of VMware Class A common stock and Class B common stock to Dell Technologies stockholders is .440626, meaning each Dell shareholder gets roughly 0.44 shares of VMware.

Dell shareholders are receiving 0.44 of a share of VMware Class A common stock for each share of Dell Technologies common stock held as of 5p.m. on Oct. 29, according to a Dell filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Oct. 29.
True, VMWare is integrated into a lot of corporate environments, but... They will be a dinosaur soon if they don't innovate.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Does anyone here use acorns?

I do, but not too heavy. I use my CSR card for all of my purchases, so the run off from that is the only thing funding my Acorns account atm.

I go with the most conservative portfolio setting (I think it's like 50% bonds) and basically use it as an extra savings account, cash out once or twice a year for extra travel money.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I do, but not too heavy. I use my CSR card for all of my purchases, so the run off from that is the only thing funding my Acorns account atm.

I go with the most conservative portfolio setting (I think it's like 50% bonds) and basically use it as an extra savings account, cash out once or twice a year for extra travel money.
Started 2 yes ago
My main debit card is linked to it
doubled the round ups
deposit $150 a week for the last couple months starting at $50 then graduated to $100
Most aggressive investments
25.6% return
10k balance
Im basically using this as a second savings account. My main savings account is giving .40 and thats a high yield account so you know regular banks aint giving you shit.

whenever people come to me about investing its the first place i usually lead them

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Started 2 yes ago
doubled the round ups
deposit $150 a week for the last couple months starting at $50 then graduated to $100
25.6% return
10k balance
Im basically using this as a second savings account. My main savings account is giving .40 and thats a high yield account so you know regular banks aint giving you shit.

whenever people come to me about investing its the first place i usually lead them

Acorns is cool but you can save a little on fees if you just auto deposit in a index fund

What’s the Catch?
The biggest catch with an Acorns account is the cost. Unlike other robo-advisors, Acorns charges a flat management fee. Spending just $1 each month sounds great, but it can actually work out to a high percentage of your assets if you don’t have a lot of money in your account.

Imagine you have $500 in your account. A $1 fee would equal 0.20% of your assets under management (AUM). At 0.20% each month, that comes out to an annual fee of 2.40% if you maintain a $500 balance in your account. That’s a very high rate compared to other robo-advisors, which typically charge an annual rate of 0.50% or less. So if you opt for one of Acorns’ more expensive plans and don't keep a high balance, your costs could be high.

On the flip side, the flat monthly fee also translates to a relatively low rate if you have more in your account. With Acorns Lite ($1/month), an account balance of $5,000 would bring your annual fee down to about 0.24%, which is similar to the management fee from other popular robo-advisors. You would need about $13,000 with an Acorns Personal account to get down to a fee of 0.25%. Once your account is that large, the monthly fees from Acorns become a much better deal.

With that said, you should be aware that the ETFs that Acorns invests your money in will charge their own fees. Acorns says it bakes these fees into the prices of the ETF shares.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Started 2 yes ago
doubled the round ups
25.6% return
10k balance

So what’s the best way to do this. I got shiba, some doge but I want to start learning how y’all run these shorts and whatnot. I want to avoid paying high fees however. What is the best platform or one you recommend? Also, when you make profits, what is ur next step? Do you withdraw all your earnings or withdraw say 50% and leave the rest for continued growth?

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So what’s the best way to do this. I got shiba, some doge but I want to start learning how y’all run these shorts and whatnot. I want to avoid paying high fees however. What is the best platform or one you recommend? Also, when you make profits, what is ur next step? Do you withdraw all your earnings or withdraw say 50% and leave the rest for continued growth?
Acorns isn't for active trading. Its linked to your debit card and take the spare change to the nearest dollar from your spending (if u buy something for $3.75 it takes the .25) you can double or triple that if you want. It when you get to $5 it invests it for you.

for what you are asking. Probably td ameritrade, robinhood, fedility, webull.
Honestly i have a financial advisor handling bigger portfolio. I peak my head in this thread/mess around here and there,but some of the other brothers here who are more informed may be able to better guide you.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Acorns isn't for active trading. Its linked to your debit card and take the spare change to the nearest dollar from your spending (if u buy something for $3.75 it takes the .25) you can double or triple that if you want. It when you get to $5 it invests it for you.

Honestly i have a financial advisor handling bigger portfolio. I peak my head in this thread/mess around here and there,but some of the other brothers here who are more informed may be able to better guide you.
What's the biggest benefit you've found from having a financial advisor?

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's the biggest benefit you've found from having a financial advisor?
Im lazy and don't always trust myself. I may have the capitalal,but i dont have the risk tolerance aka balls to make some of the big plays i see being made in here.
Benefits ...the knowledge and the structure.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Im lazy and don't always trust myself. I may have the capitalal,but i dont have the risk tolerance aka balls to make some of the big plays i see being made in here.
Benefits ...the knowledge and the structure.

Makes sense, but you better not be paying someone for putting your money in a target date fund.

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor

What is the yearly rate of return your financial advisor gets you? Seems like you're just better off investing in an mutual fund or etf. If you don't like picking individual stocks.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What is the yearly rate of return your financial advisor gets you? Seems like you're just better off investing in an mutual fund or etf. If you don't like picking individual stocks.
We sit down and go over my portfolio every couple yrs. I have have a FA for 10 yrs now .before corona i was in a safe set up. I had zero individual stocks, he came to my crib march 2020. I said “im ready to go big dawg status”
We re did my whole shit
This is where im at now

Now im more like 80% individual stocks.
Im pleased with the way things are going.

my 401k and acorns are in ETFS that i have at all high risk