Anybody Own A Samsung Refrigerator

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is a recall on it. Hell mines leak water out the ice maker. When Samsung sent the warranty repair they wanted me to pay $100. The repair guy that came out said the new piece that was being installed didnt fix the problem. I use a stand alone ice maker and I have a second fridge for ice. Samsung is shit for refrigerators

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
There is a recall on it. Hell mines leak water out the ice maker. When Samsung sent the warranty repair they wanted me to pay $100. The repair guy that came out said the new piece that was being installed didnt fix the problem. I use a stand alone ice maker and I have a second fridge for ice. Samsung is shit for refrigerators

damn...I heard ppl raving about them too smh

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Yes their range ovens are the truth but there's been issues with the refrigerators. Their dishwashers are very good too.

gTdLji.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Those ice makers are not designed to last long.

They are designed to break.

If you get a chance and pull it out, you can easily see they are built like crap.

The thing is they are easy to repair on your own, order the parts and scroll thru YouTube, there are a shitload of vids showing you how to fix them.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
May I make a humble suggestion. Sell it. Now!Samsung appliances are poorly designed and an endless source of problems.
That goes for their microwaves, the ranges, the wash machines and dryers, and the refrigerators. They jumped in to the home appliance business 15 years ago or so just trying to gain a foothold and compete with Haier, but having no experience in the appliance industry and the result is reliability and ratings are always at the bottom of the pile.

Plus it’s hard to get parts because there is only ONE US distributor in New Jersey and they have to wait for the parts to come from Korea.

Samsung hooks unknowing consumers iwith beautiful exterior design and a bunch of pretty whizbang electronic features but it’s really just lipstick on a pig

ldub1978

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
May I make a humble suggestion. Sell it. Now!Samsung appliances are poorly designed and an endless source of problems.
That goes for their microwaves, the ranges, the wash machines and dryers, and the refrigerators. They jumped in to the home appliance business 15 years ago or so just trying to gain a foothold and compete with Haier, but having no experience in the appliance industry and the result is reliability and ratings are always at the bottom of the pile.

Plus it’s hard to get parts because there is only ONE US distributor in New Jersey and they have to wait for the parts to come from Korea.

Samsung hooks unknowing consumers iwith beautiful exterior design and a bunch of pretty whizbang electronic features but it’s really just lipstick on a pig

truth!

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Lol

Stick to whirlpool
Whirl pool isn’t the reliability marque that they used to be either.
They became a conglomerate of brands like Maytag, KitchenAid, and Hotpoint But moved much of the manufacturing over to Asia and the quality level slipped. I still trust Electrolux. Their factory is still in North Carolina and they make very robust products.

But moved much of the manufacturing over to Asia and the quality level slipped. I still trust Electrolux. Their factory is still in North Carolina and they make very robust products.

Miele, Kennmore, Thermador, Sub Zero, and Viking are about the only brands I’ll put my money behind on a recommendation.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
how the fuck do you keep the ice maker from freezing and not making ice. Shit cost two arms and a leg and every few weeks the ice maker freezes wtf
Mine doesn't freeze over like that, but if the ice cubes pile up in the back of the tray, it'll stop making ice until it senses that there is a low amount. I don't know exactly how it works in these models though.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Mom's sister had one about 5 years back ... had a leak at her apartment (ice maker-related). Forget which brand she has now.

Haven't owned one personally. Current fridge is 10yo (G.E.) - no issues with it.

Been happy with the Samsung brand otherwise. Have owned their TVs, bluetooth, monitors, blu-ray, and cellphones ... zero issues with any of them over the course of 15 years.

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck Samsung fridges. Fuck them with a diseased stick!!!

I have a Samsung fridge and dealt with issues galore especially with the ice maker.

I did the trick of blowing a hair dyer over the ice maker and that worked for a while.

Last year I replaced the ice maker myself after watching a few YouTube videos, and it now works more consistently.

Needless to say, my next refrigerator will not be a Samsung.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Whirl pool isn’t the reliability marque that they used to be either.
They became a conglomerate of brands like Maytag, KitchenAid, and Hotpoint But moved much of the manufacturing over to Asia and the quality level slipped. I still trust Electrolux. Their factory is still in North Carolina and they make very robust products.

But moved much of the manufacturing over to Asia and the quality level slipped. I still trust Electrolux. Their factory is still in North Carolina and they make very robust products.

Miele, Kennmore, Thermador, Sub Zero, and Viking are about the only brands I’ll put my money behind on a recommendation.
My sis had one for 10yrs, the motor went out she has kids, they open and close the fuck out of it

I have same one

So tell me again that whirlpool ain’t what it use to be

megahorn

Star
BGOL Investor
Man I thought I bought a dud,that ice maker been driving me crazy.All the while its a manufacturer defect.Thanks bgol

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
how the fuck do you keep the ice maker from freezing and not making ice. Shit cost two arms and a leg and every few weeks the ice maker freezes wtf
Yeah. Them shits is a lot of problems. My moms got one. Replaced it twice on warranty. Replaced a compressor. Various shit. Look nice as fuck though

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Unacceptable. You paid for that fridge, that shit should work or they should replace it.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Whirlpool is greater than Samsung by a whole country Mile..brah
My mom had a dryer, Maytag, it was made in 1979

All we changed on it was the element and belt.

I’m sure if she didn’t fuck up the blower with a fork it would still be workin

The coils got too hot, I replaced the blower but the coils and other things got too hot.

Man that shit pissed me off.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Sounds similar to the common problem with GE fridges where the water line for the water dispenser freezes. Just the other day I was able to save money, that would've went for a service call, by using a hair dryer on the water line connecter that runs to the freezer door for about 5 minutes & then reconnected the main water line. Worked like a charm.

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
No...they absolute shit...they need to stick to phones.. brah
:dunno: Specifics?

Mine work great, took me a minute to get used to High-Efficiency 50 minute wash and 60 minute dry but clothes get cleaned very well and electricity bill is great, so what exactly is
so bad about them? Mine been working flawlessly since 2016.