Any Freight Brokers On The Board?

Zyin

Rising Star
Registered
anyone here work in the industry?
anyone here looking to get into the industry?

lets see what resources and knowledge we can come up with

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I work for a major freight forwarder in NY. I know the test comes up twice a year. I'm looking into getting my brokerage license soon through the job. If you think I can help, PM me.

Peace.

Forwarded by my HTC EVO

John Million

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone take the test? Heard it has a very low passage rate.

How's that job market? Thinking about taking the test in Oct

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When you say freight forwarder do you mean a Customs Broker?? I'm gonna take that exam in Oct. I'm gonna order the book in the next few days.

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone take the test? Heard it has a very low passage rate.

How's that job market? Thinking about taking the test in Oct

I don't think it's as hard as people say most people wait until the last minute to study. I have been studying for almost 3 months it does get boring though. I think people try to cram at the last minute and come up short.

Studio718

Rising Star
Platinum Member
damn, I'm looking through the past topics and came across this.
How did I miss this?

I've taken the test before ( failed by like 10 points because I ran out of time and had to guess all the classification questions ).

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME PAYING $6,0000 TO BARUCH COLLEGE!!!

ALL YOU WILL GET IS A CERTIFICATE THAT YOU'VE COMPLETED THE US CUSTOMS BROKERS PREPERATION WORKSHOP.

The real course is given at JFK for $750 with all the notes, doucmentation and online video you need to prepare you for the test.

it's not an easy test, trust me but You can pass because my study partner pased it last year when I didnt take it again.
( im taking it in october )

If you need info just PM me or ask here, ill do my best to answer since I provide logistics services in JFK for a few brokers and freight forwarders.

Zyin

Rising Star
Registered
will you share the course info bro?

prociate it

damn, I'm looking through the past topics and came across this.
How did I miss this?

I've taken the test before ( failed by like 10 points because I ran out of time and had to guess all the classification questions ).

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME PAYING $6,0000 TO BARUCH COLLEGE!!!

ALL YOU WILL GET IS A CERTIFICATE THAT YOU'VE COMPLETED THE US CUSTOMS BROKERS PREPERATION WORKSHOP.

The real course is given at JFK for $750 with all the notes, doucmentation and online video you need to prepare you for the test.

it's not an easy test, trust me but You can pass because my study partner pased it last year when I didnt take it again.
( im taking it in october )

If you need info just PM me or ask here, ill do my best to answer since I provide logistics services in JFK for a few brokers and freight forwarders.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/37928

The Players

An industry so huge and diverse requires a wide range of participants to thrive. Some of these participants' titles may be a bit confusing, and some of their responsibilities may overlap. But to keep things as clear and simple as possible, let's look at who the key players are and what they do.

Freight broker. A freight broker is the middleman who connects shippers and carriers.

Shipper. A shipper is an individual or business that has products or goods to transport.

Motor carrier. A motor carrier is a company that provides truck transportation. There are two types of motor carriers: private (a company that provides truck transportation of its own cargo) and for hire (a company that is paid to provide truck transportation of cargo belonging to others).

Freight forwarder. Often confused with freight brokers, freight forwarders are significantly different. Forwarders typically take possession of the goods, consolidate numerous smaller shipments into one large shipment, then arrange for transport of that larger shipment using various shipping methods, including land, air and water carriers.

Import-export broker. These people are facilitators for importers and exporters. Import-export brokers interface with U.S. Customs, other government agencies, international carriers, and other companies and organizations that are involved in international freight transportation.

Agricultural truck broker. Generally small and operating in one area of the country, unregulated agricultural truck brokers arrange motor carrier service for exempt agricultural products.

Shipper's associations. Shipper's associations are exempt, nonprofit, cooperative organizations formed by shippers to reduce transportation costs by pooling shipments. Shipper's associations operate in a manner very similar to that of freight forwarders, but their service is limited to their members and is not available to the general public.