anthony-bourdain-dead-suicide.jpg

Anthony BourdainWireImage
MORE ON:
ANTHONY BOURDAIN
Rose McGowan pleads for suicide prevention after Anthony Bourdain's death

Anthony Bourdain remembered in photos

Anthony Bourdain suicide leaves fans and friends 'shattered'

Anthony Bourdain tells Alec Baldwin to shut up
American celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain, the Emmy-winning host of CNN‘s “Parts Unknown,” has died from suicide, the network said Friday. He was 61.

CNN host Brian Stelter said on air that Bourdain hanged himself in his hotel room in France.

“It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain,” the network said in a statement Friday morning.

“His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller. His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time.”

Bourdain, who was in France working on an upcoming episode of his show, was found unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning by his friend Eric Ripert, according to the network.

Ripert, whose French restaurant Le Bernardin in Manhattan boasts a top Michelin three-star rating, frequently appeared alongside Bourdain on “Parts Unknown” and made cameos on some of his earlier TV shows.

“I like to bring the distinguished three-star Michelin chef and good friend Eric Ripert someplace every year and torture him,“ Bourdain once said.

Authorities in France said Bourdain killed himself at the Le Chambard hotel in Kaysersberg-Vignoble, near the border of Germany.

“We learned this morning about the death by hanging of an American chef at a luxury hotel of Kaysersberg, Le Chambard,” a prosecutor in Kaysersberg-Vignoble told French newspaper Dernière Nouvelle D’alsace. “At this point nothing suggests the intervention of a third party.”

Through his TV shows and books, the globe-trotting gourmand helped his audiences think differently about food and travel – collecting just about every award the industry has to offer along the way.

In 2013, Peabody Award judges honored Bourdain and “Parts Unknown” for “expanding our palates and horizons in equal measure,” according to CNN.

“He’s irreverent, honest, curious, never condescending, never obsequious,” the judges said. “People open up to him and, in doing so, often reveal more about their hometowns or homelands than a traditional reporter could hope to document.”

The Smithsonian once described him as “the original rock star” of the culinary world — “the Elvis of bad boy chefs.”

In 1999, he penned a New Yorker article, “Don’t Eat Before Reading This,” that became a 2000 best-seller, “Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly,” which gained him international acclaim.

He hosted “A Cook’s Tour” on the Food Network before moving to “Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations” on the Travel Channel, a major hit that garnered him two Emmy Awards and more than a dozen nominations.

In 2013, CNN took a gamble by bringing Bourdain aboard a network best known for breaking news and headlines, but he quickly became a major draw during the primetime schedule.

Season 11 of “Parts Unknown” premiered on CNN last month.

While accepting the Peabody award in 2013, Bourdain described how he approached his work.

“We ask very simple questions: What makes you happy? What do you eat? What do you like to cook? And everywhere in the world we go and ask these very simple questions,” he said, “we tend to get some really astonishing answers.”

Bourdain was twice divorced. He was married to Ottavia Busia from 2007 to 2016 and Nancy Putkoski from 1985 to 2005.

He leaves behind one daughter, Ariane, whom he had with Busia.

The celebrity chef was dating Italian actress Asia Argento — who has accused movie mogul Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault and has since become one of his most vocal victims.

Bourdain recently gushed over Argento’s explosive speech about Weinstein and sexual harassment in the film industry at Cannes Film Festival, according to Vulture.

“It was absolutely fearless to walk right into the lion’s den and say what she said, the way she said it. It was an incredibly powerful moment, I thought,” he said. “I am honored to know someone who has the strength and fearlessness to do something like that.”

As the news broke Friday, tributes poured in on social media.

“Master Chef” host Gordon Ramsay said he was “stunned and saddened” by Bourdain’s death.

“He brought the world into our homes and inspired so many people to explore cultures and cities through their food,” Ramsay said. “Remember that help is a phone call away US:1-800-273-TALK UK: 116 123.”

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Anthony Bourdain suicide leaves fans and friends ‘shattered’
By Yaron Steinbuch

June 8, 2018 | 8:59am

Modal Trigger
anthony-bourdain-suicide.jpg

Anthony BourdainPatrick McMullan via Getty Image
MORE ON:
ANTHONY BOURDAIN
Anthony Bourdain reflected on death in months before suicide

Rose McGowan pleads for suicide prevention after Anthony Bourdain's death

Anthony Bourdain remembered in photos

Anthony Bourdain dies of suicide at 61
Fans and foodies reacted with shock early Friday to news about the suicide death of celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain, who was found dead at 61 in a French hotel room.

In a touching tribute, Actress Mia Farrow cheered the award-winning chef and TV personality for bringing the world together through food.

“Maybe we all wanted to hang out with him. He was that cool, fun, frank, insightful,” she tweeted. “He introduced us to distant lands and to people with different traditions. And without ever preaching, he reminded us that we humans are far more alike than different. Thank you Anthony Bourdain.”

Andrew Zimmern, who hosts “Bizarre Foods” on the Travel Channel, was heartbroken.

“A piece of my heart is truly broken this morning. And the irony, the sad cruel irony is that the last year he’d never been happier,” he wrote. “The rest of my heart aches for the 3 amazing women he left behind. Tony was a symphony. I wish everyone could have seen all of him. A true friend.”

“Master Chef” host Gordon Ramsay said he was “stunned and saddened” by Bourdain’s death.

“He brought the world into our homes and inspired so many people to explore cultures and cities through their food,” Ramsay said. “Remember that help is a phone call away US:1-800-273-TALK UK: 116 123.”

“Shattered,” tweeted fellow chef Tyler Florence, the host of several Food Networkshows.

Author and actor John Hodgman recounted a sitdown with Bourdain several years ago.

“I ate with Bourdain. Probably 2004. He was big even then but he took time to sit with me in Chinatown to talk ‘weird’ food for a magazine piece I was writing,” Hodgman tweeted.

“He taught me that our ‘weird’ is the world’s delicious. We ate chicken feet. The afternoon vibrated with life. RIP,” he added.

Writer and activist Eileen Scully, founder of women’s empowerment group The Rising Tides, tweeted that “Bourdain taught me how to travel solo with confidence and move gracefully and gratefully within other cultures.

“His recent but sincere advocacy for women was a profound development, and I was hopeful his voice would continue to get stronger. What a striking loss,” she said.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Anthony Bourdain, the chef and gifted storyteller who took TV viewers around the world to explore culture, cuisine and the human condition for nearly two decades, has died. He was 61. https://cnn.it/2LwPtZi

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown — Trinidad & Tobago — FULL EPISODE!

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Tonight in a special tribute, we remember and share the legacy of chef, storyteller and colleague Anthony Bourdain.
34847786_2013277288744173_4764619594700685312_n.jpg