ANOTHER TRUMP RECORD: Lowest Black Imprisonment Rate Since ’95 When Joe Biden’s Crime Bill Kicked In

EGO-TRIP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

Television star and Judge Joe Brown tweeted out an amazing statistic that is NOT making any headlines.

The United States hit a milestone this year under President Donald J. Trump.
This year the US had the lowest black imprisonment rate since 1995 when Joe Biden’s crime bill kicked in!

President Trump got it done.
:hmm:

you must think people are dumb.

The nation’s incarceration rate peaked at 1,000 inmates per 100,000 adults during the three-year period between 2006 and 2008. It has declined every year since then and is now at its lowest point since 1996, when there were 830 inmates per 100,000 adults.

The number of inmates in the U.S. has also gone down in recent years, though not as sharply as the incarceration rate (which takes population change into account). The estimated 2,162,400 inmates who were in prison or jail at the end of 2016 were the fewest since 2004, when there were 2,136,600 inmates. The prison and jail population peaked in 2008 at 2,310,300.

A variety of factors help explain why U.S. incarceration trends have been on a downward trajectory. Crime rates have declined sharply in recent decades despite an uptick in the violent crime rate between 2014 and 2016, according to FBI data. As crime has declined, so have arrests: The nationwide arrest rate has fallen steadily in recent years and is well below where it was in the 1990s, according to BJS.

Changes in prosecution and judicial sentencing patterns, as well as criminal laws, also may play a role in the declining number and share of people behind bars. Recent reductions in prison sentences for thousands of inmates who were serving time for drug-related crimes, for example, have driven a substantial decline in the federal prison population. That, in turn, has contributed to the broader decline in the overall incarcerated population.

Despite these downward trends, the U.S. has the highest incarceration rate in the world, according to the World Prison Brief, a database maintained by the Institute for Criminal Policy Research at Birkbeck, University of London. The database compares incarceration rates across more than 200 countries and territories using publicly available data for each jurisdiction. (It’s important to note that the World Prison Brief’s U.S. data differ in some ways from the BJS data above. While BJS emphasizes the number of inmates per 100,000 adults ages 18 and older, for example, the World Prison Brief measures each country’s incarceration rate as the number of inmates per 100,000 people of any age. It also counts jail inmates in a slightly different way.)

claiming more shit that Obama did.

right?

Loan Me 20

Rising Star
Registered

The nation’s incarceration rate peaked at 1,000 inmates per 100,000 adults during the three-year period between 2006 and 2008. It has declined every year since then and is now at its lowest point since 1996, when there were 830 inmates per 100,000 adults.

The number of inmates in the U.S. has also gone down in recent years, though not as sharply as the incarceration rate (which takes population change into account). The estimated 2,162,400 inmates who were in prison or jail at the end of 2016 were the fewest since 2004, when there were 2,136,600 inmates. The prison and jail population peaked in 2008 at 2,310,300.

A variety of factors help explain why U.S. incarceration trends have been on a downward trajectory. Crime rates have declined sharply in recent decades despite an uptick in the violent crime rate between 2014 and 2016, according to FBI data. As crime has declined, so have arrests: The nationwide arrest rate has fallen steadily in recent years and is well below where it was in the 1990s, according to BJS.

Changes in prosecution and judicial sentencing patterns, as well as criminal laws, also may play a role in the declining number and share of people behind bars. Recent reductions in prison sentences for thousands of inmates who were serving time for drug-related crimes, for example, have driven a substantial decline in the federal prison population. That, in turn, has contributed to the broader decline in the overall incarcerated population.

Despite these downward trends, the U.S. has the highest incarceration rate in the world, according to the World Prison Brief, a database maintained by the Institute for Criminal Policy Research at Birkbeck, University of London. The database compares incarceration rates across more than 200 countries and territories using publicly available data for each jurisdiction. (It’s important to note that the World Prison Brief’s U.S. data differ in some ways from the BJS data above. While BJS emphasizes the number of inmates per 100,000 adults ages 18 and older, for example, the World Prison Brief measures each country’s incarceration rate as the number of inmates per 100,000 people of any age. It also counts jail inmates in a slightly different way.)

right?

This muthafucka is trying to flood the front page with Pro-Trump propaganda but has the nerve to tell others to think for themselves.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

right?
That because he and his kind are dumb.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster

right?
That because he and his kind are dumb.
If I could play devils advocate here,
Weren't y'all from the camp who said that we'd all be locked away and/or sent back to Africa under a Trump presidency?
:puzzled:

EGO-TRIP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

right?
I dont try to look at other people as "dumb". All I did was post an article word for word . But if I was to make a judgement, it would be to listen to someone that has attained success in multiple fields , as opposed to someone with a cartoon character name

Cross

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you are trying to allude that anti-Black police violence has increased under Trump and was low under Obama, you might want to do some research before your feelings get hurt. Facts are nonpartisan.
Never mentioned Obama at all i was replying to someone compairing the amount of incarcerated black men under chump than when Bidens crime bill was signed

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Television star and Judge Joe Brown tweeted out an amazing statistic that is NOT making any headlines.

The United States hit a milestone this year under President Donald J. Trump.
This year the US had the lowest black imprisonment rate since 1995 when Joe Biden’s crime bill kicked in!

President Trump got it done.

Fuck you...CAC...and your bullshit tactics...you getting nervous ain't ya.. bish

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
When did @EGO-TRIP become a piece of shit?
tenor.gif

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Not relavant to me. Not one bit.

My people are more than inmates and ex-cons who kiss Trump's ass because he's "not racist"

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
First, I'm voting for Biden. Gotta say that before the Democratic stans come at me for this next statement.

We are fed this narrative that black folks lives are and will be so horrible under Trump. But the data says different. My bank account says different.

Yes, things will be worse for immigrants. :dunno:
Yes, things may be worse for LGBTQ. :dunno:
Yes, things may be worse for those wanting abortions. :dunno:

None of that concerns me or my people or makes me care.
  • Black unemployment is lower. (Prior to the pandemic)
  • Black incarceration is lower.
  • Black abortions are lower.
Not trying to troll, but seriously, other than Trump being a liar, tax cheater, prostitute payer offer, friend of Russia, how has black people's lives gotten worse? None of that effects us directly.

Again, asking for a real answer.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
So, OP is arguing that black incarceration rates are down because of something that Chump did. But the formerly incarcerated can’t get jobs except as hit men and enforcers for the local drug dealers. The fact is that ninjas are killing each other and innocent bystanders at an alarming rate. Maybe y’all need to fill the jails back up.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
First, I'm voting for Biden. Gotta say that before the Democratic stans come at me for this next statement.

We are fed this narrative that black folks lives are and will be so horrible under Trump. But the data says different. My bank account says different.

Yes, things will be worse for immigrants. :dunno:
Yes, things may be worse for LGBTQ. :dunno:
Yes, things may be worse for those wanting abortions. :dunno:

None of that concerns me or my people or makes me care.
  • Black unemployment is lower. (Prior to the pandemic)
  • Black incarceration is lower.
  • Black abortions are lower.
Not trying to troll, but seriously, other than Trump being a liar, tax cheater, prostitute payer offer, friend of Russia, how has black people's lives gotten worse? None of that effects us directly.

Again, asking for a real answer.

II don't see it that way at all. It's more an assumption that his followers make. What you stated is true, but it would have happened if a democrat was there as well under a similar economy. He didn't open any magic door or do anything revolutionary to get us to now, a lot of the groundwork started 10 years ago. I know we all like to think that once our guy is in charge everything is going to change, but realistically any change they make takes years to make an impact, Trump included.

Reactions: BKF