Amir Khan to fight Erik Morales in December

merce77

Star
Registered
c_amirkhan.jpg
Erik-Morales0402-0503-06.jpg

Amir Khan is all set to meet Mexican legend Erik Morales on US soil in December after his dazzling performance in Las Vegas last night. The 24 year-old outmanoeuvred a punch-shy Zab Judah over five rounds at the Mandalay Bay to add the IBF light-welterweight title to his WBA belt and is now set to meet ‘El Terrible.”

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer had hoped to set up a bout with WBC and WBO champion Timothy Bradley originally for last night's date, only for ‘Desert Storm’ to pull out of a contracted 50/50 bout and Schaefer now believes any potential future deal could be dead.

“Timothy Bradley doesn’t want anything to do with Amir Khan,” stated Schaefer.

“Amir wants to fight the biggest fights. We would like to get him back here in the States in December to fight a Timothy Bradley, but another fight that would be a great fight is against Erik Morales.

“If Morales wins on September 17th, I can see those two great fighters fighting in December before Amir moves up to welterweight.

“Then a bout in the UK at 147lbs early next year, before the ultimate challenge for the pound for pound title against Floyd Mayweather.”

Step one of the four-fight plan has already been executed and on last nights showing, a landslide points win over Morales would not be a bad bet. Khan would then relinquish his titles to fight once again in the UK early in 2012, probably against a world champion at 147lbs and Mayweather may then be in line twelve months from now.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/07/schaefer-amir-khan-to-fight-erik.html

:smh::smh:

dime bag

Rising Star
Registered
"Erik Morales did well in his last fight against Marcos Maidana. He's another experienced guy like Zab so you can never count him out. For me as a fan, I think there are better fights out there for Amir. But one thing you can say about Morales, he always comes to fight," Roach said.

:hmm::lol:

Last edited:

Rick Ronson

Banned
So no one has shit to say about this and the Zab Judah selection? :hmm:

How about Joan Guzman or Mike Alverado :confused:

Zab had 6 loses Morrales has 7

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Come on now... you get points for Zab cause your still on your way up, but why another washed up guy. I like Morales, but he shouldn't be boxing. You'd get more points beating Prescott or pick a welter out of a hat.

I don't see the value in this pick. It's not a big money fight, title fight or even leading to those things. Khan just did the veteran/gate keeper test. Is it because Morales handled Maidana better? He would be better off looking for JMM after JMM fights Pac if he is going on an old man tour.

Last edited:

merce77

Star
Registered
So no one has shit to say about this and the Zab Judah selection? :hmm:

How about Joan Guzman or Mike Alverado :confused:

Zab had 6 loses Morrales has 7

As far as their losses, both their L's have been to great fighters. But Zab went out on Saturday like a punk ass, something Morales has never done in his losses.:smh:

dime bag

Rising Star
Registered
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZpL6n0F3bX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

about 6:40

freddie is a master match maker.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
I have always been and Erik fan. I will love to see them fight. I would want Erik to win, but I doubt it. Still it could be a fun fight to watch.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I totally agree that this is a name on resume money fight... but you hurt me with this!?!? You cannot be serious?!?! Dude quit worse than Zab! :lol:

I know, but it at least can be a pushing point to force the Bradley fight. Destroy Alexander and make Bradley's biggest win look like shit. Which wo't be hard, but it would be moving toward something.

Last edited:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Come on now... you get points for Zab cause your still on your way up, but why another washed up guy. I like Morales, but he shouldn't be boxing. You'd get more points beating Prescott or pick a welter out of a hat.

I don't see the value in this pick. It's not a big money fight, title fight or even leading to those things. Khan just did the veteran/gate keeper test. Is it because Morales handled Maidana better? He would be better off looking for JMM after JMM fights Pac if he is going on an old man tour.

:yes:

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend
So where does this leave Bradley:smh:

I think he fucked up,and that 50/50 split he turned down is gone...

tp2001

Star
Registered
So where does this leave Bradley:smh:

I think he fucked up,and that 50/50 split he turned down is gone...

Exactly. I think Judah took the fight on much more favorable splits for Khan, regardless if he was the rising star. Bradley let that thing with Gary Shaw mess him up, and now he's really looking bad to some fans, even with the fact that not that many people like him anyway.

Khan taking this fight is :smh: as I thought that he would make his way up to 147. If Berto was available, he could have fought him...or even better, an English rivalry with Kell Brook. That's big money there :cool:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Erik is too SLOW for Khan

Maybe. I don't think so. Because so many things can happen in a fight to cause Khan to slow down. I think this would have been a good fight. Erik still has it and I think he can at least fight at this level for another year. Not to mention he should have gotten the decision in his last fight. Which by the way was a fight of the year type fight.

Last edited:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe. I don't think so. Because so many things can happen in a fight to cause Khan to slow down. I think this would have been a good fight. Erik still has it and I think he can at least fight at this level for another year. Not to mention he should have gotten the decision in his last fight. Which by the way was a fight of the year type fight.
I missed that fight..you have or know of any download links?