Amazon: The Tick (2017) (Season 2 discussion Thread) (UPDATE.. FUCKING CANCELLED) Damn it

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Listen.
This was masterful television.
They got the entire mood right. They got the characters right. They got the casting right. They got the mood of the city right. They got the reluctance and the exuberance right. They got it completely right.
I have no complaints about this show. None.
10/10

Man I'm glad I'm not the only one. My only complaint is that I needed all 13 episodes now. But man.. Peter Serafinowicz had the Tick down to an art form.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
You too...

OK ya'll setting the bar VERY VERY high!

Fam I loved this shit... but I'm bias because I'm a major Tick and Big Guy & Rusty fan. But bills it right... they got every single thing right with this.

On the real if Amazon was going to do this good of a job with the Tick... I really wish that someone would let them get another Crack at POWERS. The story within POWERS is just to good to be wasted on that horseshit PlayStation show.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Fam I loved this shit... but I'm bias because I'm a major Tick and Big Guy & Rusty fan. But bills it right... they got every single thing right with this.

On the real if Amazon was going to do this good of a job with the Tick... I really wish that someone would let them get another Crack at POWERS. The story within POWERS is just to good to be wasted on that horseshit PlayStation show.
I like Powers because the story was great. everything else was trash but the story was really good.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Im shocked cause I remember when this was 1st announced fans were not enthused and crazy loyal to the FOX series.

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The second half of season 1 is out, as of the 22nd, for those who watch the show

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Season 2 of tick was a 10 in my books...

No complaints...

Hell now it’s made me think that superhero shows might need to be 30 minutes.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I binged it in 2 days, really hoping it'll get a s3. I still think tick is best in cartoon form but they've done a great job with this live action series.

No complaints...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Did anyone else happen to check out the pilot? I went in expecting to hate it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a big fan of the change in Arthur, but I could run with it. The shocking part is that I was really impressed with the guy that was playing The Tick. I had to get over the size and the voice and I just went with it. The other thing that impressed me were the special effects.

amazon-tick-1-pic.jpg

Click the link... Amazon Pilot: Tick (2016) Pilot Episode

And because.... I'm a huge huge fan of this series.

Im just started this...

I'll let you know how it goes

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

No complaints...

Just finished...

Holy hell

Amazon messed around and dropped a classic

That no one talks about.

There are HANDFUL of proper comic book translations from page to screen

I COULD argue in a weird way?

BOTH versions of the Tick should be on that short list.

I never EVER thought anyone could play the tick after Warburton...

NOBODY.

This man and the casting agency needs an award.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think i need to make a thread of which actor was PERFECTLY cast to play an established comic book character.

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
BULL SHIT!! :angry:

Amazon's The Tick canceled after two seasons of wacky, heartfelt adventure

As our own John Hugar recently declared, The Tick’s second season gave us “the show we were hoping The Tick could be all along.” Alas, it turns out the hilarious, heartfelt superhero parody will go out on that high note, as creator Ben Edlund has revealed that Amazon won’t be renewing the superhero series for a third outing. That said, Edlund isn’t content to let the show rest, making it clear he intends to seek a new home for The Tick, Arthur, and Dot (oh, and you, too, Dangerboat).

“I’m sorry to say Amazon has chosen not to proceed with @TheTickTV,” he wrote. “I’m not sorry to say I love this show, its cast, its story, and its message. Destiny demands that my compatriots and I now seek a new home for this series.”

There’s plenty of story left to tell, after all. We’re finally buying Griffin Newman’s sidekick as his own kind ofhero, and we’re still invested in seeing the origins of Peter Serefinowicz’s titular man-bug. As we wait to see how things shake out, flex your antennae and offer a hearty “spoon!” to the televisual gods.

https://news.avclub.com/amazons-the-tick-canceled-after-two-seasons-of-wacky-h-1834821410

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Unfortunately I had a feeling this would happen smh, i guess The Boys will be my only amazon show

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just started watching the show after I got Amazon Prime through my MetroPCS account.
I realized that most of the show is filmed not far from Me in Harlem.

It's too bad.
So far, I've found the show hilarious.
Though I'd still prefer Patrick Warburton.