All yall BGOL expensive car owners, I have a question....

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Honestly @CoTtOnMoUf 85k is a lot of money for a vehicle. Is this thing making you money? Can you get a better price?

Then instead of a big down payment. I would pay more money per month than the note. Double the note.

Keep the downpayment money in a interest bearing account and pay from there. At least you can get some interest earned.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
My advice in buying luxury vehicles if buy certified pre-owned every time.

You'll get a great price and you SHOULD get the remainder of the regular warranty AND the CPO warranty.

I got a great deal once on a BMW that was a dealer demo vehicle. It only had 1100 miles on it and had both warranties. The CPO one added a couple extra years to the regular warranty.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Honestly @CoTtOnMoUf 85k is a lot of money for a vehicle. Is this thing making you money? Can you get a better price?

Then instead of a big down payment. I would pay more money per month than the note. Double the note.

Keep the downpayment money in a interest bearing account and pay from there. At least you can get some interest earned.
My advice in buying luxury vehicles if buy certified pre-owned every time.

You'll get a great price and you SHOULD get the remainder of the regular warranty AND the CPO warranty.

I got a great deal once on a BMW that was a dealer demo vehicle. It only had 1100 miles on it and had both warranties. The CPO one added a couple extra years to the regular warranty.

This vehicle will be a 2023 Electric Ford F-150 Lightning truck that i reserved 18 months ago. I'm finally going to order one very soon according to my dealer. I have a 2007 F-150 I bought new 15 years ago that's starting to rust around the finders and now it's time to upgrade to the Lightning. My dealer says hopefully late next week I can order my Lariat trim Lightning. I use my truck to help my real estate investing endeavors as well as my day-to-day transportation. :cool:

Last edited:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
This vehicle will be a 2023 Electric Ford F-150 Lightning truck that i reserved 18 months ago. I'm finally going to order one very soon according to my dealer. I have a 2007 F-150 I bought new 15 years ago that's starting to rust around the finders and now it's time to upgrade to the Lightning. My dealer says hopefully late next week I can order my Lariat trim Lightning. I use my truck to help my real estate investing endeavors as well as my day-to-day transportation. :cool:

Good shit!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wait a sec..can’t you get some type of tax write off if claim it’s a vechile for biz/ company vechile

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
all good, sharing is caring !

I might be making a large vehicle purchase in the very near future. It's gonna cost about 85K before taxes. I was prepared to put about 30 or 40 as a down payment. A good friend of mine told me that I should only put down the tax and title (maybe 7K) down payment and finance the rest. I told him that that monthly note will be like a mortgage note. He said that if someone crashed into and totaled it or it got stolen in the first couple years, the insurance is only going to pay for what I owe on it and that giant down payment I would be fucked out of. He said to put that money I would put as down payment, into an account somewhere and just make the car note payments for the first 2 years or so because the depreciation hit would be much less after 2 years. He said to save up what I would have paid extra and also that huge down payment, and set it aside for a couple years and only then, pay that principal down.

Does this shit make any sense to yall? :idea:

EA68YTDkkr1RARiYNCuDqR9ZS5V8FL6jpK-Ybqb6rw0.jpg

n5140tzk5id91.jpg

l8w95320pvi91.jpg

K4Twemp16zax3nlw0Bm5jtpaANfRswQ9MjRo0VzOT8g.jpg

6fa08soxyiq81.jpg

Sorry @DJ, I went into one of your marathon threads and borrowed a few honeys. :)

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok. This is amazing to hear. It is a money maker for you not just to floss.

So it is Bieber you wanna manage your money then. I am with you if you want to make the big down payment.

Keep in mind I would not recommend that for most people.

Having as much cash as possible is always king.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Wait a sec..can’t you get some type of tax write off if claim it’s a vechile for biz/ company vechile

Absolutely.

I'm also looking for a giant tax credit for Ohio EV buyers. I think I can get the full $7,500 if I order before this year is over. :)

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Couple things to consider is insurance for the truck, being electric, and cost of battery replacement for it.

Many Tesla owners are feeling the cost of replacing batteries now after 5-7 yrs when they start to fail.

Other thing I read recently was the planet itself didn't have enough lithium to replace batteries after I think the next 20 yrs or so for all these vehicles. So a lot of the EV stuff is not a sustainable technology, but more of a gimmick.

I know you won't keep the truck 20 yrs, but just something to consider about the batteries when they do go bad.