African Americans are the only racial group in U.S. still making less than they did in 2000

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The truth is that the stock market is soaring and if your income is based on any investment vehicle, you most likely made more. In addition, we don't tell or teach our people on how to make our money work for us or grow. Finally inflation is a motherfucker. Lol

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Ok so HERE is the real question that should be asked..

if this is the case.. why are these cac males screaming about

them being fuckin victims??

why are THIER suicides rates on the incline...??

and what the hell are beckys screaming about, they dont receive equal pay as their male counter parts.

bitch shut the fuck up, before we started our civil rights movement your movements wasnt shit... yall asses was still
just serving lunch and answering phones. in corporate america..

after civil rights.. doors opened up for beckys and they found themselves go from supervisors, to managers, vp, ceo and board members..

and them hoes still cryin and piggybackin off our struggle..

they gave our benefits to beckys,

as a whole we just moseying along.. like whatever...

LOL

we know change is coming and coming fast.. we feel it..

or at least I do...

just think about it.. we aint make no moves.. and yet its the cac male and women still cryin about being victims....
In the cac mind, if 15 years ago they controlled 97% of the wealth and if we gained even 1% of the pie, they consider that as losing.
They want us as a permanent underclass.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are 480k construction jobs total in the US and 40 million black people. If every single construction job in the country was filled with black people, that would still be less than 2% of our community.

And I have news for you. If those jobs start paying too much, they will let robots do them. So as a people, if we don’t start focusing on jobs of the future and move off all these unskilled laborer jobs, we’re going to be left even further behind.

480,000 construction jobs total in the USA? Brah its 480000 construction jobs in just half of my state...where these bullshit numbers come from..brah

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i was kicking with this dude that stays behind my building and he had just lost his mother but the whole time he was
talking he was pissed at his siblings for being broke and couldnt cough up not one dime for her burial..he just didnt
believe they was that broke and had the nerve to ask about a policy he had on her...but then i had to remind him about
on why i stopped dealing with the public when it comes to repairing cars i hated saying it back then but now its alot of broke
black folks here in detroit even at minimal pricing some still couldnt afford 250-300 in repairs then the next thing i know i will
have a lot full of cars not getting worked on because of non or partial payments...this shit is real out here with black folks...most
i dealt with had jobs just fucked up ass priorities or was just simply reckless with money.....

props on providing this anecdotal experience.

This is ADOS life.

But dont blame it on fucked up ass priorities or being reckless with money.

As a group, we have been purposely locked out of wealth. That is the main reason.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unless racism ends in America, this will continue to be a problem. That's the ultimate crux of the issue.
True. But within a rigged game there are moved to be made to minimize some effects.

Get a life insurance on senior parents, that the kids pay for.
Put your 401k in a revokable trust.
Have will. Make sure everyone in your family has a will.
Stop buying “shiny” things. Cut down on consumerism.
Take advantage of free, low cost educational opportunities.
You really can’t afford the weed and alcohol you are consuming.
Get healthy. It improves quality of life, and it’s cheaper than medications.
Buy the hood or move out of it.
Try to keep grandmas house

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Bruh this largely comes from our communities being starved of education. Our schools get the least funding and shittiest schools and over time that has created a cycle which was intended. To break out of this cycle is going to take work. Instead of reparations as a check, we should be demanding more investment in our schools and more scholarships grants for our kids. Asian families haven't been starved of education like we have and they have a culture built around education as a result.

We need the same.

Our goal should be to have the most highly educated community in the country, because we have to be more educated to have equal results. Just look how much more educated Obama had to be than the current idiot in office.

Instead of worrying about Mexicans coming over and taking jobs picking fruit, we need to be getting more of these data science and engineering jobs.
You're not totally right nor wrong.

Asians have never been treated 1/10 as bad as Black people have historically.

In silicon valley we got Black people with degrees but they aren't getting hired. We still have to be twice as good as the next race to even get an interview.
Hell they're not even demanding a college degree in tech next year.

We have to start owning our own industries and creating our own jobs because these racists aren't giving us shit clearly.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
480,000 construction jobs total in the USA? Brah its 480000 construction jobs in just half of my state...where these bullshit numbers come from..brah

My bad. That was managers. There’s 1.6 mil total.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
At this point, most of BGOL over 40 should be ignored because you brothers are too safe.

This is the Hail Mary attempt to finally get some type of relief but where is it? @Soul On Ice made a great point. If the DEMOCRATS gave the so-called black native Americans their reparations, this would be OVER but they can’t because of their racism. But y’all still say “the parties aren’t the same”.

:smh:
The only way we fix this conundrum that we're in is through a reparations program. The government was complicit in my people's current condition and it's the best way to overcome it.
Bootstrapping and just working harder isnt going to close the racial wealth gap.

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
thats what happens when your culture runs from math and science, dont value or teach economics to the youth of their culture, and refuse to practice group economics.

you get what you pay for

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At this point, most of BGOL over 40 should be ignored because you brothers are too safe.

This is the Hail Mary attempt to finally get some type of relief but where is it? @Soul On Ice made a great point. If the DEMOCRATS gave the so-called black native Americans their reparations, this would be OVER but they can’t because of their racism. But y’all still say “the parties aren’t the same”.

:smh:
With all due respect, when you single out the DEMOCRATS, your point is very bot-ish.

AMERICA owes a debt to black Americans - Dems, Repugs, Whigs, everybody.

Most black Americans over 40 are more affected, due the cumulative effects

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered

those reparations werent GIVEN

those native american tribes hired a law firm and possibly a lobbyist to get what they felt was owed to them

931_DAC243BC_4FE9_4639_A77C_DD8D19.jpeg

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
True. But within a rigged game there are moved to be made to minimize some effects.

Get a life insurance on senior parents, that the kids pay for.
Put your 401k in a revokable trust.
Have will. Make sure everyone in your family has a will.
Stop buying “shiny” things. Cut down on consumerism.
Take advantage of free, low cost educational opportunities.
You really can’t afford the weed and alcohol you are consuming.
Get healthy. It improves quality of life, and it’s cheaper than medications.
Buy the hood or move out of it.
Try to keep grandmas house

Dont forget the all important... DONT HAVE KIDS OUT OF WEDLOCK!!!

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
There are 480k construction jobs total in the US and 40 million black people. If every single construction job in the country was filled with black people, that would still be less than 2% of our community.

And I have news for you. If those jobs start paying too much, they will let robots do them. So as a people, if we don’t start focusing on jobs of the future and move off all these unskilled laborer jobs, we’re going to be left even further behind.
of course it isnt all construction jobs.
We had that bakery in Chicago only hiring mexicans,
or that chicken plant in AL that fired all of the Black people and hired Mexicans.

the Mexicans were able to raise their profiles since 2000, we went backwards
SGLFUD5-AZE5-BRHQ4-ILY62-ET3-BQ.png

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Ask Byron Allen. It's not simply a name it's how you're treated. Money no matter what level doesnt negate white supremacy.

But if they were investing that money in black people not just giving money to go to school. But actually building structures in real estate/ construction/ technology/ education /banks/ and media then we can have our on economy that works with in the larger economy that is America.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh this largely comes from our communities being starved of education. Our schools get the least funding and shittiest schools and over time that has created a cycle which was intended. To break out of this cycle is going to take work. Instead of reparations as a check, we should be demanding more investment in our schools and more scholarships grants for our kids. Asian families haven't been starved of education like we have and they have a culture built around education as a result.

We need the same.

Our goal should be to have the most highly educated community in the country, because we have to be more educated to have equal results. Just look how much more educated Obama had to be than the current idiot in office.

Instead of worrying about Mexicans coming over and taking jobs picking fruit, we need to be getting more of these data science and engineering jobs.

Education isn't the answer per se. More education just means more educated black folk with no jobs. We don't own any industries in this country, i.e. employing our own vs. hoping others (white corporations) give us employment. Education is only part of the strategy. I'd say before education we need self sustainability via jobs within our community owned by the same people in that community.

The problem with education is that it assumes we will automatically be hired just because we are qualified. Also we need to control the narratives and how our people, especially our children are educated. Better schools hasn't helped our condition in this country.

Also, please do not fall for the narrative of education as reparations. Education isn't a tangible resource for our people. It's the same argument with the NCAA and the football/basketball players not getting paid for their services on the field/court. Education as "payment/reparations" isn't tangible. After all the education you receive, you still must rely on someone GIVING you employment.

And Asians are educated because yes it is highly valued in their community. But do not be mistaken, they've received big $$$ from the U.S. government in terms of business loans, grants, etc. enabling them to not be TOTALLY DEPENDENT on needing a job from someone outside their community. They own businesses, real estate, and schools across the country in addition to getting white collar jobs with major corporations.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Education isn't the answer per se. More education just means more educated black folk with no jobs. We don't own any industries in this country, i.e. employing our own vs. hoping others (white corporations) give us employment. Education is only part of the strategy. I'd say before education we need self sustainability via jobs within our community owned by the same people in that community.

The problem with education is that it assumes we will automatically be hired just because we are qualified. Also we need to control the narratives and how our people, especially our children are educated. Better schools hasn't helped our condition in this country.

Also, please do not fall for the narrative of education as reparations. Education isn't a tangible resource for our people. It's the same argument with the NCAA and the football/basketball players not getting paid for their services on the field/court. Education as "payment/reparations" isn't tangible. After all the education you receive, you still must rely on someone GIVING you employment.

And Asians are educated because yes it is highly valued in their community. But do not be mistaken, they've received big $$$ from the U.S. government in terms of business loans, grants, etc. enabling them to not be TOTALLY DEPENDENT on needing a job from someone outside their community. They own businesses, real estate, and schools across the country in addition to getting white collar jobs with major corporations.

You know what percent of lottery winners go bankrupt? A third. And that’s winning millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars. No reparations bill would pay each of us millions of dollars. It would take 40 trillion dollars to pay each of us a million each.

Without financial education, that money would be spent, just like lottery winners.

Education is long lasting.

There is nothing Asians are doing that we can’t do.

Nothing.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
You know what percent of lottery winners go bankrupt? A third. And that’s winning millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars. No reparations bill would pay each of us millions of dollars. It would take 40 trillion dollars to pay each of us a million each.

Without financial education, that money would be spent, just like lottery winners.

Nothing.

Aren’t black women the most educated women amongst all races?

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nothing.

Education is great. I'm not denying that. But what good is having an education if you have no real money to effect change?

And lottery winners are OWED millions because they got the winning ticket. After they get the money, it's on them to be responsible with their newfound wealth. With your analogy, the lottery winner shouldn't get any money even though it's OWED to them because they might go bankrupt.

So are you saying it'd be better for a lottery winner to get free school instead of millions of dollars??? You're argument is essentially the same as the NCAA vs the fball/bball players.

I'll make it simple for you. Right now today 12/3/2019, which would you rather have? Free ride to a top Medical School, housing/food, and a potential position in 4 years as a doctor with a starting salary of 250k per yr upon graduation, or $5 million cash tax-free. Remember you gotta wait 4 years and graduate to get the OPPORTUNITY for the 250k job. Which one you taking?

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cause niggas still refuse to start their own businesses, work with each other, hire each other and buy from one another.

Your right, bruh!! A large percentage of our copper color people have been conditioned and programmed never to UNITE and work together!! Ive been saying it for years, this country spend BILLION's$$$ (media, hollywood, music, sports and television industry) to keep our copper color people distracted, divided, confused, mislead and in a deep coma!! The name of the game is to never let copper color people ever UNITE!!! So they push a narrative of individualism, me me me, materialism and so on.. Its an easy narrative to push on the people, just use hollywood, music, sports, television to do the same shit over and over!! The key to brainwashing is repetition!! They have the perfect tools to pull that off with, television and computer screens.. Since copper color people are the largest views of the television, we are taking the brunt of all this misinformation!!

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Education is great. I'm not denying that. But what good is having an education if you have no real money to effect change?

And lottery winners are OWED millions because they got the winning ticket. After they get the money, it's on them to be responsible with their newfound wealth. With your analogy, the lottery winner shouldn't get any money even though it's OWED to them because they might go bankrupt.

So are you saying it'd be better for a lottery winner to get free school instead of millions of dollars??? You're argument is essentially the same as the NCAA vs the fball/bball players.

I'll make it simple for you. Right now today 12/3/2019, which would you rather have? Free ride to a top Medical School, housing/food, and a potential position in 4 years as a doctor with a starting salary of 250k per yr upon graduation, or $5 million cash tax-free. Remember you gotta wait 4 years and graduate to get the OPPORTUNITY for the 250k job. Which one you taking?

To make your analogy fit better, that 5 million is the only money you would ever make.

Let me say this, I’m not against cash reparations as part of an overall package. But I believe education needs to be a part of it.