Active Shooter Baton Rouge 4/23/2026

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member

BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - The Baton Rouge Police Department confirmed two people are in critical condition and multiple others have been hurt following a shooting at the Mall of Louisiana.

The shooting is believed to have happened near the food court.

Paramedics have been called to the scene. EMS confirmed a total of 6 victims have been transported. They are setting up a triage near JCPenney.

Police are looking for one to two shooters.


Right now, they are clearing out the drive to get in and out of the mall for emergency responders only.

Gov. Jeff Landry released a statement:

“I am aware of the active shooter scene at the Mall of Louisiana. I am in coordination with law enforcement and we will update as we know more. Please avoid the area.

Sharon and I are praying for those affected and are grateful for a quick response by our law enforcement officials."

Gov. Jeff Landry
 
Back
Top