academic icon bell hooks DEAD@ 69

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rest In Piss BITCH

It's very informative, Jason does a good job breaking down how Bell's writings harm black folks as a collective.

It also explains why she was celebrated by white academia and media.
Yep
You have to side eye anyone singing her praises

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah my issue is they used her for her views and threw her out and the movement is still grounded, America knows they don't mess with that feminist stuff heavy, not realistic for the most part these hoes gonna be old and broke with no man and angry.

The white hoes put the battery in her back and went home to their husbands.

Glad to see we calling out all the nonsense they target black people with, we getting there in a sense.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
RIP and I won't speak ill of the dead but she didn't do black people any favors with her ideologies and rhetoric.

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
I never heard of her until this thread but once i saw the word "feminist" I knew she wasn't about helping the black community.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

He shouldn't out-and-out reject higher education, especially in the sciences, but he is absolutely correct about the fucked up beliefs that have been mainstreamed in Black academia. I recall hearing this kind of rhetoric from certain Black professors in the late 90s/early 2000s. Twitter has just exposed how indoctrinated it has now become.

She's locked her Twitter, but look at what her LinkedIn says:

AboutAbout
My research & clinical interests include athlete mental health, specifically, Black student-athlete mental health, masculinity, Black mental health, and stigma. I am also interesting in areas relating to social justice advocacy, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Looking to connect with other professionals with similar interests.​
So she's researching and counseling in "masculinity" and "Black mental health." I feel sorry for any Black male student who sees her for counseling. :smh:

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
Tell the story then..I read the whole thread
yoour position tell me your never read any of her work in it's entirely, we are going to judge her words out of context. no one should say she hates black men if they read her stuff. malcolm had the same reputation, claiming he hated woman because he went hard on them

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yoour position tell me your never read any of her work in it's entirely, we are going to judge her words out of context. no one should say she hates black men if they read her stuff. malcolm had the same reputation, claiming he hated woman because he went hard on them
Her who? My list is about the college professor