Last Dayz

Soul Thief
Certified Pussy Poster
[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/yozuhTvxKVo[/FLASH]

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/FInsapjeY_M[/FLASH]​

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Admiral. In short, he was better offensively, a better rebounder and a much better defender.

Onpoint

Rising Star
Registered
My heart says Pat, but my mind says Dave! Pat was a warrior, and it woulda been a different series in 99 with him healthy and playin along side Camby.

Last edited:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah, Pat..When healthy his turnaround jumper was deadly and he was the best jump shooting big man in his era before Andrew Lang broke his hand.:yes:
That was one move. Wasnt really a move either. It was a shot. A guy with his skill and talent being known as a jump shooting center isnt really a good thing. Pat was a perrenial letdown in my opinion.

stickmanX

Rising Star
Registered
David Robinson (1989-2002)
Career stats
Points 20,790
Rebounds 10,497
Blocks 2,954

Career highlights and awards

* 2× NBA Champion (1999, 2003)
* 1× NBA MVP (1995)
* 10× NBA All-Star (1990-1996, 1998, 2000-2001)
* 1× NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1992)
* 4× All-NBA First Team Selection (1991-1992, 1995-1996)
* 2× All-NBA Second Team Selection (1994, 1998)
* 4× All-NBA Third Team Selection (1990, 1993, 2000-2001)
* 4× NBA All-Defensive First Team Selection (1991-1992, 1995-1996)
* 4× NBA All-Defensive Second Team Selection (1990, 1993-1994, 1998
* 1990 NBA Rookie of the Year
* 1990 NBA All-Rookie First Team
* 1× NBA Sportsmanship Award (2001)
* NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

Patrick Ewing (1985-2002)
Career stats
Points 24,815
Rebounds 11,607
Blocks 2,894

# 11x NBA All-Star (1986, 1988-1997)
# 1x All-NBA First Team Selection (1990)
# 6x All-NBA Second Team Selection (1988-1989, 1991-1993, 1997)
# 3x NBA All-Defensive Second Team Selection (1988-1989, 1992)
# 1986 NBA Rookie of the Year
# 1986 NBA All-Rookie Team
# NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

I'm rolling with Ewing.

Pat has always been one of my sympathetic favorites .... I hate to see H.O.F. caliber players retire without winning the big one.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
That was one move. Wasnt really a move either. It was a shot. A guy with his skill and talent being known as a jump shooting center isnt really a good thing. Pat was a perrenial letdown in my opinion.

He won a lot of games with his fadeaway jumper from the block. Also, his jump shooting extended the floor and let the Starks and Sprewells operate. (whether it's a dunk or a jumper..it's two points.)

Karl Malone was also a good jump shooting big man. It just wasn't as reliable at Ewings. Besides, it would be different if all he did was stand outside and shoot jumpers. (KG used to piss me off with that.) He still averaged almost 12 rebounds a game.

Robinson gets credit from me because he got started in the game so late. But Ewing to me was the better all around player, IMO.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He won a lot of games with his fadeaway jumper from the block. Also, his jump shooting extended the floor and let the Starks and Sprewells operate. (whether it's a dunk or a jumper..it's two points.)

Karl Malone was also a good jump shooting big man. It just wasn't as reliable at Ewings. Besides, it would be different if all he did was stand outside and shoot jumpers. (KG used to piss me off with that.) He still averaged almost 12 rebounds a game.

Robinson gets credit from me because he got started in the game so late. But Ewing to me was the better all around player, IMO.
But in terms of being an all around player how can you say that Pat was better? Robinson was easily a better rebounder, passer and defender and at worse he was on par with him offensively (though i would say Dave was better offensively).

mr cee

Potential Star
Registered
Pat had a "go to money move"
David never did.

It ALWAYS showed in close games.

David would try to "outquick" opposing centers by taking them off the dribble. If someone helped and stopped his driving lane, he was done.
Patrick would just do a turn around jumper (esp from the baseline) and it was a wrap.

DAHITMAN

Rising Star

5vsf1mz90v0r5z6bjvl7.jpg

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/kBF1lsZUlUI[/FLASH]

Seriously Patrick is the man.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

djkidrich

τђë κïd fяºm qµęęñ§
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, Pat..When healthy his turnaround jumper was deadly and he was the best jump shooting big man in his era before Andrew Lang broke his hand.:yes:

That was my problem with Ewing a wanna be guard in a center's body. I wanted more aggression from him, he didn't have that "attack the basket" mentality and it cost us a few times in the 90's :smh:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
David never did.

David would try to "outquick" opposing centers by taking them off the dribble. If someone helped and stopped his driving lane, he was done.
Patrick would just do a turn around jumper (esp from the baseline) and it was a wrap.
C/S

Olajuwon got them both beat hands down though & I'm a Knick fan.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
David never did.

Again, Pat never had a go-to move. He had one move/shot. As for close games, he was usually not a factor. He wasnt a clutch or dependable player and was never THE go-to guy in clutch situations despite being the "franchise player". Dave did more than "outquick" opponents. He also had a consistent short jumper from the elbow on in, a dependable up and under, turn around J, jab step, putback and a few post moves to get the bucket. Lets not forget he was a force defensively and changed the outcome of games from both ends. He just brought more to a game than Pat did.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'll have to say Robinson. Because of Jordan players like Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Reggie Miller and Gary Payton have a valid excuse for not winning a championship in their prime. They were all competing against the greastest player ever.

Ewing had his chance but got outplayed by Olajuwan in 94.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'll have to say Robinson. Because of Jordan players like Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Reggie Miller and Gary Payton have a valid excuse for not winning a championship in their prime. They were all competing against the greastest player ever.

Shit you dont have to go that far. Dont forget how Rik Smits used to own his ass too.

joeshmow

Support BGOL
Registered
After dream did it to Robinson in the western conference finals (the same year Robinson one the mvp and scored the 71 game) my view on him changed. David was just to soft and never showed toughness when it mattered which is very vital when your the biggest man on your team. Besides being a better scorer Ewing was the leader of his team which Robinson never was.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor

..and Ewing wasn't?

Besides, Ewing did everything he could (although he was outplayed by the Dream) His teammates didn't come through.)

True, but Ewing did everything he could in that series. His team didn't come through.

Big Philly

Rising Star
Registered
The Admiral. In short, he was better offensively, a better rebounder and a much better defender.

Was not better offensively and was not a MUCH better defender. I give you rebounding but I watched Ewing take over many games for the Knicks. I only saw Robinson take over one game (ironically it was the gold medal game for the dream team). He was not clutch and had the Dr. J syndrome in that he couldn't win the title as the first option although he was a great star.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
But in terms of being an all around player how can you say that Pat was better? Robinson was easily a better rebounder, passer and defender and at worse he was on par with him offensively (though i would say Dave was better offensively).

Pat's skill set was better and from a stat standpoint the only place Dave gets him is blocked shots. Robinson is more athletic, but Ewing was more fundamentally sound. I still would go with Ewing in an halfcourt set.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

..and Ewing wasn't?

Besides, Ewing did everything he could (although he was outplayed by the Dream) His teammates didn't come through.)

Jordan gave all the players of that era a gift and retired for two years and Hakeem was the only superstar to take advantage of it.

His teammates were a bunch of role players. You can't count on role players to come thru in big games. If your a superstar it's up to you to go out and win a game. You can't rely on John Starks. Olajuwan had a bunch of role players and his team won.

Robinson wasn't the best player on the 99 spurs team that won the championship but I think that their careers a so close that the way to separate them is by championships.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Jordan gave all the players of that era a gift and retired for two years and Hakeem was the only superstar to take advantage of it.

His teammates were a bunch of role players. You can't count on role players to come thru in big games. If your a superstar it's up to you to go out and win a game. You can't rely on John Starks. Olajuwan had a bunch of role players and his team won.

Robinson wasn't the best player on the 99 spurs team that won the championship but I think that their careers a so close that the way to separate them is by championships.

Hakeem's role players were more consistent than what Ewing had. Starks could give you 40 one night, then 5 the next. Riley has said so many times in the past that he should have pulled Starks and put in Hubert Davis.

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People just don't realize how bad those Knicks teams were. They weren't really that talented outside of Ewing and he carried the Knicks for years with little help. He is the most underappreciated player and it wasn't until they retired his number did NYC finally recognize his greatness.

Robinson was mechanical. He had no heart. He even said some bs about how he wasn't upset that his team lost to the Lakers by two points in each game during a series and they eventually lost in four or five. I don't recall, but that is indicative of him having no heart whatsoever. Even Rodman thought he was a pussy. He also said he didn't realize how difficult the playoffs were when Hakeem was torching his ass. It was almost embarrassing for him to even form his lips to say those things.